Strikeforce on Showtime - best 8 fights only

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » Strikeforce on Showtime - best 8 fights only
POLL: The playground should have the whole card?
Right 46% (11)
Wrong 54% (13)
StorminYourman
2/23/09 10:16:12PM
Why only eight fights and not the whole card?
Wolfenstein
2/23/09 10:43:43PM
Yeah, that has me a little confused as well. Just kind of a random number to put out there for an event that is months away. I'm sure if the entire card is decent (which it looks like it's going to be an awesome card so far) all the fights will be put up. I think there's just the assumption that Strikeforce may add in some amateur bouts--like they have in previous shows.

We'll see, it's a long way till April.
DCRage
2/24/09 9:21:11AM
There might be some Young Guns fights, fights with guys we've never heard of, and other stuff...I'm more worried about the May card with these Kimbo-Bob Sapp rumors going around. If that happens I'm gonna fight hard for that fight to NOT be included in our picks, trust me.
postman
2/24/09 12:46:07PM

Posted by DCRage

There might be some Young Guns fights, fights with guys we've never heard of, and other stuff...I'm more worried about the May card with these Kimbo-Bob Sapp rumors going around. If that happens I'm gonna fight hard for that fight to NOT be included in our picks, trust me.

I'll take Sapp via KO 1st
ncordless
2/26/09 1:29:03PM

Posted by DCRage

Greatest Fight of All-Time! Kimbo v. Sapp should be the only fight included in our picks.
StorminYourman
3/1/09 4:16:56PM

Posted by DCRage

I think that fight should be included.It would be a fight with mammoth publicity and for that reason alone should make the fight very interesting. Besides the fact that Sapp is a big SHW(who knows how he got that big ) and Slice does not compare to him in that area.
lohmann
3/2/09 12:56:36AM
Not sure about the best eight alone, but if there are 15 or 16 fights it would make Strikeforce on Showtime almost twice as important as DREAM 7 (which has 9 up for picks) in the total points scoring (which is not sensible).
DCRage
3/2/09 8:54:30AM
According to the latest official card I saw, which actually was only about 2/3 complete, there probably will be 12 fights total. Only about 6 were actually set.
D0wnUnd6e6r
3/2/09 4:45:28PM

Posted by StorminYourman

Why only eight fights and not the whole card?

...cause it's strikeforce