Strikeforce Notebook: Kid Yamamoto, 'Jacare' Souza Fights Targeted

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Strikeforce Notebook: Kid Yamamoto, 'Jacare' Souza Fights Targeted
jae_1833
4/17/10 2:46:15PM
link
* Japanese star Kid Yamamoto is expected to make his Strikeforce debut on May 15 against Federico Lopez. The fight is not officially signed, but sources say it is close. The fight would be contested at 135 pounds. As of right now, the fight isn't expected to air on Showtime.

* A middleweight fight between Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza and Joey Villasenor is in the works for May 15, as well.
jae_1833
4/17/10 2:47:03PM
* The organization officially announced a June 16 show in Los Angeles. No fights have been announced just yet, but they are hoping to put together Jason "Mayhem" Miller vs. Robbie Lawler and have Bobby Lashley fight on the card.
Twenty20Dollars
4/17/10 3:00:05PM
That should be a solid card, I'm excited to see Souza fight again.
BeeR
4/17/10 4:53:22PM
I hope they give Lashley a real opponent this time, not another goosedown pillow to play fight with
seanfu
4/18/10 3:13:21AM

Posted by BeeR

I hope they give Lashley a real opponent this time, not another goosedown pillow to play fight with

Mark Coleman, you know he was UFC champ once upon a time.
NatedawgThaM
4/18/10 3:25:08AM
YES!!!! Can't wait to see Jacare fight again. I want a Gegard rematch since I believe 9 times out of 10 that upkick doesn't happen. I think if that didn't happen, Jacare had a good chance of winning that fight. Definitely want to see him get in this title picture picture especially since he beat Mayhem.

Jacare vs Shields at the end of the year FTW hopefully! Think that's a bad style match up for Shields. Somebody he's not going to be able to control on the ground!
manstrabula
4/27/10 1:12:04PM
I WANT BRETT "THE GRIM" ROGER VS BOBBY LASHLEY