Strikeforce Nashville Results/Discussion (Spoilers)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » Strikeforce Nashville Results/Discussion (Spoilers)
« Previous Page | Next Page »
postman
4/17/10 11:38:06PM
on national TV WTF not good not Good
kopower
4/17/10 11:38:10PM
What!!!!!! Class act Strikeforce!!!!!!
Kpro
4/17/10 11:38:48PM
Hit my Lawal/Shields parlay
DCRage
4/17/10 11:39:03PM
This is what SF needs. Make it and hype it.
postman
4/17/10 11:39:18PM
Dude they dumped that then decided to go back to it
AchillesHeel
4/17/10 11:39:26PM
Did Nick Diaz and Jason Miller just go at each other?
mkiv9secsupra
4/17/10 11:40:22PM

Posted by Kpro

Posted by george112

jake shields i think is OFFICIALLY the most BORING fighter EVER

That was not boring at all.

That was one of the most dominant ground clinics in MMA history.

Sorry dude, strongly disagree.

sorry but no...good does not mean entertaining... shileds is boring and i think thats unanimous
kopower
4/17/10 11:40:57PM
Way to give mma and good name. Did Mayhem run in the ring and get pounced on by like 4 dudes?
postman
4/17/10 11:41:24PM
First it was gill the nate got in there whats up with that all mayhem asked for was a rematch
DCRage
4/17/10 11:41:25PM

Posted by AchillesHeel

Did Nick Diaz and Jason Miller just go at each other?

Miller & Shields. I think. Miller wants a rematch with Jake.
Kpro
4/17/10 11:41:40PM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

sorry but no...good does not mean entertaining... shileds is boring and i think thats unanimous

I was entertained the whole fight.

We obviously watch MMA for different reasons.
MiniMan
4/17/10 11:41:41PM
OK, I need a HQ vid of the brawl!! Watched it on a crappy stream and couldnt tell who where the people throwing?? There was a few! Did I see Melendez throwing punches???

LOL, You do know all the people fighting should be fired. You dont fight at the workplace, No matter what the job.
mkiv9secsupra
4/17/10 11:43:28PM
lol at the 7 pussi3s that it took to go after miller. every one of you guys is a pu$$y. lol i guess we live in the time of gangster mentallity
george112
4/17/10 11:43:43PM

Posted by Kpro

Posted by george112

how can you not call that boring??

i appreciate the ground game just as much as the next guy. but there was a reason everyone booed when shields would shoot and just lay on him.

advancing position and hitting little pawing shots is boring.everyday of the week. halfhearted attempts at submissions at the end of the round is BS.and so is shields having full mount and doing nothing but hitting him with lazy punches.

he could have EASILY finished it if he would have put some effort into his GnP.
mrsmiley
4/17/10 11:45:17PM
I made a thread but I guess I should have posted here.
My whole nerves got shot by that.

I feel sorry for Jake. I was rooting for Hendo all the way but man Mayhem was just a bit crazy for doing that.
postman
4/17/10 11:45:29PM
No I don't think Gill trew a punch Jake pushed Miller then both the Diaz boys ran in nick went high nate took the legs gil and Jake stood and watched
kopower
4/17/10 11:46:08PM
I thought it was very boring but Shields looked good. Dan's sub defense looked improved. Jake does have some suffocating top control.
mkiv9secsupra
4/17/10 11:46:50PM

Posted by Kpro

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

I was entertained the whole fight.

We obviously watch MMA for different reasons.

i enjoyed the fight to an extent but when a fighter has imposed his will but can do nothing more than batter an opponent it speaks nothing more than to the dominant fighters inability to finish a fight. Shields did decent bit he did not impress is my point i guess
kopower
4/17/10 11:47:48PM

Posted by postman

No I don't think Gill trew a punch Jake pushed Miller then both the Diaz boys ran in nick went high nate took the legs gil and Jake stood and watched

It did look like GIl threw a punch then the Diaz boys and some other goon initiated Miller into the Gracie JJ gang.
ncordless
4/17/10 11:48:22PM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by Kpro

Posted by george112

Shields has absolutely zero power, but if you don't appreciate the way he was combo wrestling and passing to mount then you don't know much about grappling. That was some of the most serious top position work I have ever seen. It's not like GSP/Hardy where GSP just sits in guard, Shields was advancing to mount at will.

I thought this was a fun card for not having any finishes.
telnights
4/17/10 11:48:47PM
I have never seen a fighter try so hard to hold position and not ever try to finish. Only time he even made in effort was when he knew there was only seconds left on the clock. Then his hole team attacking (MIller) one guy made them all look like childish thugs. I bet you anything they told Miller to go in there and ask for the rematch with him to only get attacked. Then they act like its Millers fault Jake's team acted like thugs. The fights were all just kind of a let down.

But I will give Shields credit his top control was really good I just wish he would make some effort to finish.
postman
4/17/10 11:49:21PM

Posted by kopower

I thought it was very boring but Shields looked good. Dan's sub defense looked improved. Jake does have some suffocating top control.

I'm not sure he has what it takes but I want to see Him or Fitch try to get a TD on GSP and control him for a change can it be done????

As for the fight what are you going to do thats still Dan Henderson hes harder then hell to finish. Jake dosn't have very powerful GNP IMO he only punches with his armshe needs to use more of his corre to create power
mkiv9secsupra
4/17/10 11:50:40PM

Posted by ncordless

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by Kpro

Posted by george112

Shields has absolutely zero power, but if you don't appreciate the way he was combo wrestling and passing to mount then you don't know much about grappling. That was some of the most serious top position work I have ever seen. It's not like GSP/Hardy where GSP just sits in guard, Shields was advancing to mount at will.

SERIOUSLY....I MEAN SERIOUSLY??????? GSP HAD A HARDER TIME PASSING GUARD THAN SHIELDS DID!!! Hendo looked over Shields i think thats obvious
postman
4/17/10 11:52:38PM
I have the king of the cage from last night on DVR was it any good without spoiling for me lol
george112
4/17/10 11:52:40PM

Posted by ncordless

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by Kpro

Posted by george112

see the thing is though im not supposed to be watching a grappling match.

the whole POINT of advancing position is to get in a better position to FINISH.

he CLEARLY didnt do that.he chose to just get ahead on points and stay there.
kopower
4/17/10 11:53:04PM

Posted by postman

Posted by kopower

I'm not sure he has what it takes but I want to see Him or Fitch try to get a TD on GSP and control him for a change can it be done????

As for the fight what are you going to do thats still Dan Henderson hes harder then hell to finish. Jake dosn't have very powerful GNP IMO he only punches with his armshe needs to use more of his corre to create power

Yeah, Shields has no power. I think Fitch would give him fits on the ground, let alone GSP
Gladiator
4/17/10 11:53:59PM
anybody going to talk about the post fight brawl?
kopower
4/17/10 11:54:50PM

Posted by Gladiator

anybody going to talk about the post fight brawl?

Sounds like a good thread topic
Kpro
4/17/10 11:58:03PM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

i enjoyed the fight to an extent but when a fighter has imposed his will but can do nothing more than batter an opponent it speaks nothing more than to the dominant fighters inability to finish a fight. Shields did decent bit he did not impress is my point i guess

I don't understand the theory behind going for an armbar halfway through the round for instance and risking giving up position, possibly changing the course of the fight, versus knowing your strengths and maintaining the mount throughout the round landing shots and looking for your opponent to work themselves into a sub. You have to play to your strengths, and if your opponent doesn't give you a solid opening for a submission, there's zero point as far as risk/reward to try and get what's not there.

Dan did a solid job of not giving up his back and keeping his arms in tight; for Jake to go for a sub just to go for a sub and risk losing position would've been a huge huge mistake. And it was obvious he was looking for an opening the entire time.

Credit Dan for the fight going 5.
george112
4/18/10 12:03:43AM

Posted by Kpro

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

I don't understand the theory behind going for an armbar halfway through the round for instance and risking giving up position, possibly changing the course of the fight, versus knowing your strengths and maintaining the mount throughout the round landing shots and looking for your opponent to work themselves into a sub. You have to play to your strengths, and if your opponent doesn't give you a solid opening for a submission, there's zero point as far as risk/reward to try and get what's not there.

Dan did a solid job of not giving up his back and keeping his arms in tight; for Jake to go for a sub just to go for a sub and risk losing position would've been a huge huge mistake. And it was obvious he was looking for an opening the entire time.

Credit Dan for the fight going 5.

i agree with the submission point you hold.

but you didnt address the TOTAL lack of effort to finish the fight.

he mounted him with ease multiple times and didnt do anything with it.why couldnt he go all out??

i mean seriously this is what he was doing

*gets mount
*lands a punch
*looks at dan
*lands a punch
*looks at dan.....

DUDE FINISH HIM!!! theres a reason people were booing you..
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6