Strikeforce middleweight title

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Strikeforce middleweight title
tepid55
5/8/08 11:43:02AM
I would like to see Trevor Prangley face Cung Le for the Strikeforce middleweight championship. I think Prangley has the best style to beat Cung Le because he is a wrestler.
rabbit915
5/8/08 11:45:37AM
Which is exactly why you wont see it. EliteXC wants Cung Le to become a huge star and therefore wont have him fight someone he can lose to.
ohiostate1016
5/8/08 11:54:23AM
Cung Le is supposed to face Jorge Santiago next, who won the four-man tourney last year.

I think that Santiago would beat Le, because he is well-rounded and trains with ATT, the top camp in the country. Santiago might not be able to stand with Cung, but he could take him down and submit him. Plus, Santiago could train at ATT with Thiago Alves, who has some of the best kicks in the game, and he's about the same size as Le. If you can train for it, you can beat it.
CantAndleDaRiddum
5/8/08 1:25:28PM

Posted by ohiostate1016

Cung Le is supposed to face Jorge Santiago next, who won the four-man tourney last year.

I think that Santiago would beat Le, because he is well-rounded and trains with ATT, the top camp in the country. Santiago might not be able to stand with Cung, but he could take him down and submit him. Plus, Santiago could train at ATT with Thiago Alves, who has some of the best kicks in the game, and he's about the same size as Le. If you can train for it, you can beat it.

i see Santiago winning this one as well
Dastardly1
5/9/08 8:51:42PM

Posted by rabbit915

Which is exactly why you wont see it. EliteXC wants Cung Le to become a huge star and therefore wont have him fight someone he can lose to.

Cung Le fights under the Strikeforce promotion not EliteXC. They just promote events together. Also Trevor and Cung both train at AKA gym.
Svartorm
5/10/08 12:53:43AM
Prangley wouldn't stand a chance against Cung Le. Hes not a dissimilar fight from Frank Shamrock, although his takedowns are better, but his stand-up isn't as good and he has almost no sub skills.