Strikeforce Miami Fighter Payouts

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Strikeforce Miami Fighter Payouts
DCRage
2/3/10 1:44:22PM
The FSBC has released the official fighter payouts from Strikeforce Miami this past weekend. The total disclosed payouts were $469,600 with the largest share-$100,000-going to both Nick Diaz and Robbie Lawler. Although the figures report that Herschel Walker was paid only $600 for his fight, he did earn "six figures", likely through a signing bonus or other arrangements.

Article
cmill21
2/3/10 1:54:40PM
Melvin at 5,000?
BMF
2/3/10 4:17:55PM
Thats mighty generous of Strikeforce to pay Walker $600 since it went to charity. I don't know about anyone else but I wouldn't step in the cage for that kind of money, some guys only making a $1000 or $2000 to fight? That wouldn't even pay for an ER visit if you had to go, I doubt they have insurance. I don't like unions personally, but MMA fighters should seriously start one for more regulated pay. Sorry to rant, the pay scale makes no sense.
Gogoplatapus
2/3/10 4:32:48PM

Posted by BMF

Thats mighty generous of Strikeforce to pay Walker $600 since it went to charity. I don't know about anyone else but I wouldn't step in the cage for that kind of money, some guys only making a $1000 or $2000 to fight? That wouldn't even pay for an ER visit if you had to go, I doubt they have insurance. I don't like unions personally, but MMA fighters should seriously start one for more regulated pay. Sorry to rant, the pay scale makes no sense.

Don't believe that for one second, I'd say Walker made over 100K.
grappler0000
2/3/10 5:10:44PM

Posted by BMF

Read the whole article.
FlashyG
2/3/10 5:53:20PM
I think the real problem with this picture is how little the women made for a title fight.

Thats ridiculous
jahdoug
2/3/10 6:07:31PM
Nudge = Manhoef at 5k???
Melvin should go bank in japan by knocking out HW pro wrestlers and judo players, that pay is ridiculous for a guy with his history, if only he were better known here earlier he could have added tyson-style hype to the sport. His fight w/ Cyborg is in the pantheon of best brawls ever

Melvin Theme
"Scratchin' and surviving.
Good Times.
Hangin in a chow line
Good Times.
Ain't we lucky we got 'em
Good Times....."
jocksmall
2/3/10 7:55:54PM
im no ufc homer i have always been for competition and i root for other orgs to do well but those payouts are disturbing. many guys are fighting for 1000 or 2000. i believe there should be some sort of minimum wage for mma fights. usually a guy gets a medical suspension and cant fight again for a month maybe 2 or even 3. i thinka show that is on national tv or ppv should have fighters who make at least 6 or 7 k. nick making 100k is fine hes the man and he deserves it but the bottom guys need to make a little more than 1000
cmill21
2/3/10 7:55:56PM

Posted by jahdoug

Nudge = Manhoef at 5k???
Melvin should go bank in japan by knocking out HW pro wrestlers and judo players, that pay is ridiculous for a guy with his history, if only he were better known here earlier he could have added tyson-style hype to the sport. His fight w/ Cyborg is in the pantheon of best brawls ever

Melvin Theme
"Scratchin' and surviving.
Good Times.
Hangin in a chow line
Good Times.
Ain't we lucky we got 'em
Good Times....."

Melvin made more, the overseas payouts are lower for taxation issues.
BMF
2/3/10 11:05:20PM
Thanks for the suggestion, I did read the whole article. So Coker said he made 6 figures through other deals, so why only inform FSBC that he made $600? Why not say $25,000. What about the guys that made $1000 or other events where a guy makes $500? You missed the whole point of my response, it was an overall picture, I am sure Walker wouldn't have to work another day in is life, hence the charity.

TimW001
2/3/10 11:43:44PM

Posted by FlashyG

I think the real problem with this picture is how little the women made for a title fight.

Thats ridiculous

I was thinking the same thing.

And with Melvin, he actually makes a small amount from DREAM aswell for this fight.
Wolf
2/4/10 8:27:20AM

Posted by BMF

As far as I know All of the major pro promotions carry insurance for the night of. Most states REQUIRE this. So if a fighter winds up in the ER it's covered. Now this doesn't usually cover long term effects, but if a fighter needs stitches or to have a broken bone set, this is all covered.
jahdoug
2/4/10 11:36:17AM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by jahdoug

Nudge = Manhoef at 5k???

Melvin made more, the overseas payouts are lower for taxation issues.

Damn i should have thought of that, it makes a lot of sense and explains plenty of head-scratchers i have seen. Thanks