Strikeforce Melendez vs Thomson Live Results and Play by Play

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » Strikeforce Melendez vs Thomson Live Results and Play by Play
« Previous Page
tap_or_snap
6/28/08 2:11:57AM

Posted by ncordless

Hey man, you don't have to school me on Billy's history. He was great and I saw his little exhibit in the Hall of Fame just a few months ago. I was speaking more to his later involvement in Pro Wrestling. I am from Iowa, and we have a little history here as well.

Wasnt trying to school you on anything, just giving a bit of info on the old lancashire catch as can style for anyone who was interested, a lot of people only know it from the pro wrestling link but theres much more history to it than that, also robinsons not a great example being from the later generation of rileys gym (post 1900 the performance link was well and truely established) but hes one of only a few english hookers still alive so i didnt have a lot of choice.
RMFG_187
6/28/08 2:12:07AM

El Nino Has Been Punked

Kenny cracks me up!
cmill21
6/28/08 2:15:31AM
Lol awsome fight. Josh impressed me. I love Kenny and Bas...hilarious.
tap_or_snap
6/28/08 2:15:46AM
3-5 19pts, shitty event for me but a silly game pales in comparison to such a performance by josh thompson.
babalu2720
6/28/08 2:16:02AM
After a dismal night picks wise, I finished on a good note, picking the Thomson fight perfectly, even though I picked Josh, i did not expect that lopsided of a fight.
ncordless
6/28/08 2:18:21AM

Posted by tap_or_snap

Posted by ncordless

Hey man, you don't have to school me on Billy's history. He was great and I saw his little exhibit in the Hall of Fame just a few months ago. I was speaking more to his later involvement in Pro Wrestling. I am from Iowa, and we have a little history here as well.

Wasnt trying to school you on anything, just giving a bit of info on the old lancashire catch as can style for anyone who was interested, a lot of people only know it from the pro wrestling link but theres much more history to it than that, also robinsons not a great example being from the later generation of rileys gym (post 1900 the performance link was well and truely established) but hes one of only a few english hookers still alive so i didnt have a lot of choice.

Actually, this could be kind of fun! Find me some more info on some old Catch stuff, and I'll send you some Iowa folkstyle stuff!
backalley101
6/28/08 2:18:26AM

Posted by RMFG_187

i picked Josh, and if he wins, ill be + 15000-20000$

good calll
Mayhem13
6/28/08 2:20:28AM
wow...

12 points
tap_or_snap
6/28/08 2:20:47AM

Posted by ncordless

Posted by tap_or_snap

Posted by ncordless

Actually, this could be kind of fun! Find me some more info on some old Catch stuff, and I'll send you some Iowa folkstyle stuff!

Okay cool, maybe ill have to post some of my pics in a thread with a little history, right now though im going "catch" up on some zzz's
hippysmacker
6/28/08 2:23:42AM
stats are in.
Points winner Missliss with 77
Earnings winner coppershark $578,531

Nigh all
ncordless
6/28/08 2:24:04AM

Posted by tap_or_snap

Posted by ncordless

Posted by tap_or_snap

Posted by ncordless

Okay cool, maybe ill have to post some of my pics in a thread with a little history, right now though im going "catch" up on some zzz's

Alright, sounds good. I'll gather up some of my traditions, you gather up some of yours, and we'll both get a better idea of where the other comes from.
RMFG_187
6/28/08 2:25:29AM
5-3 with 39 points

profit 15340$
tap_or_snap
6/28/08 2:29:38AM

Posted by ncordless

Posted by tap_or_snap

Posted by ncordless

Posted by tap_or_snap

Posted by ncordless

Alright, sounds good. I'll gather up some of my traditions, you gather up some of yours, and we'll both get a better idea of where the other comes from.

Awesome, dont expect a huge amount though, i've been researching catch as catch can casually for 2 years now and info is very sparse, basically post world war the english love of wrestling completely fizzled out (it was fake as anything by then anyway) so info is hard to come by especially as the real art form was practiced by working men who wernt exactly in the habit of keeping records, look foward to seeing some info from the famous iowa state.

night all
DCRage
6/28/08 7:50:01AM
5-3, 34 points, hit my underdog bet on Thomson, and just had a good laugh reading the show write-up on F4WOnline.com. I think Dave Meltzer has a Man Crush on Cecil Peoples.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]