Strikeforce Melendez vs Thomson Live Results and Play by Play

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » Strikeforce Melendez vs Thomson Live Results and Play by Play
« Previous Page | Next Page »
Raykill
6/28/08 12:58:31AM

Posted by ncordless

Posted by hotrodttt

Posted by ncordless

Where's the BEEF?

Getting Chopped by Tate

Lol, I am showing my age with that poor joke. give me a woot if you have any idea where that saying came from.

Yea, I am right there with you.....
ncordless
6/28/08 1:02:07AM

Posted by tap_or_snap

Posted by ncordless

Both fighters should be ashamed of themselves... LHW fights should never be THIS slow! I am almost expecting one of them to fall asleep in the 5th.

Cant agree with that clinch fighting pressing up against the fence is very tiring, i think both guys put on a great effort even if it wasnt the most exciting fight.

Really?! Whatever trips your trigger I guess. For me, leaning against each other until one of them accidentally falls over isn't what I want or expect out of mma. Sure it's tiring, but how bout a transition once in a while.

EDIT: LOL, it looks like sherdog agrees with me. That PBP is pretty funny.
Mayhem13
6/28/08 1:02:16AM
haha well I hope you picked Ruiz to win as well..so that way be both are still doing the opposite of good.
tap_or_snap
6/28/08 1:02:17AM
a penny and a half is more than 2 cents raykill
tap_or_snap
6/28/08 1:03:15AM

Posted by Mayhem13

haha well I hope you picked Ruiz to win as well..so that way be both are still doing the opposite of good.

that i did... yay for us!
RMFG_187
6/28/08 1:03:38AM
WOOT

but dont ask how i know, i just seen the ad b4
tap_or_snap
6/28/08 1:07:05AM

Posted by ncordless

Posted by tap_or_snap

Posted by ncordless

Both fighters should be ashamed of themselves... LHW fights should never be THIS slow! I am almost expecting one of them to fall asleep in the 5th.

Cant agree with that clinch fighting pressing up against the fence is very tiring, i think both guys put on a great effort even if it wasnt the most exciting fight.

Really?! Whatever trips your trigger I guess. For me, leaning against each other until one of them accidentally falls over isn't what I want or expect out of mma. Sure it's tiring, but how bout a trnsition once in a while.

Every takedown was a double or a single, thats not just randomly falling over, like i said not an exciting fight but imo both fighters deserve more respect than the typical american "BORING!" reaction.
ncordless
6/28/08 1:07:25AM
Ugh, I forgot to change my pick to Billy. Nam is fun to watch but he is outsized big time. Oh well, I am going to try and pretend this event never happened. so far I'm 2-4 with 10 points...
tap_or_snap
6/28/08 1:09:02AM
hooray im winning... i have 12 points
ncordless
6/28/08 1:13:05AM

Posted by tap_or_snap

Posted by ncordless

Posted by tap_or_snap

Posted by ncordless

Really?! Whatever trips your trigger I guess. For me, leaning against each other until one of them accidentally falls over isn't what I want or expect out of mma. Sure it's tiring, but how bout a trnsition once in a while.

Every takedown was a double or a single, thats not just randomly falling over, like i said not an exciting fight but imo both fighters deserve more respect than the typical american "BORING!" reaction.

Hey man, I am usually totally against the boo birds in the seats... but I gotta say this one was justified. I guess we just disagree... although I gotta say that if you accept this as a good fight what would be a bad one?

Oh, and I seem to remember hearing quite a few boos at some UK shows, so don't go getting all nationalist on me. You are from the UK, you wouldn't know what a real single or double was if Dan Gable shot in on ya. Stereotypes suck huh?
tap_or_snap
6/28/08 1:21:46AM

Posted by ncordless

Hey man, I am usually totally against the boo birds in the seats... but I gotta say this one was justified. I guess we just disagree... although I gotta say that if you accept this as a good fight what would be a bad one?

Oh, and I seem to remember hearing quite a few boos at some UK shows, so don't go getting all nationalist on me. You are from the UK, you wouldn't know what a real single or double was if Dan Gable shot in on ya. Stereotypes suck huh?

Again i never said it was a good fight, just dont think boos are neccessary and your right thats not just an american thing, still with regard to the wrestling tell that to billy robinson
RMFG_187
6/28/08 1:23:06AM

Posted by ncordless

Posted by tap_or_snap

Posted by ncordless

Posted by tap_or_snap

Posted by ncordless

i dont think its just the fight they are booing at. so far there have been more than the average of decision including a 5 rounder. its been a slow night, and i think its frustrating the folks at The HP Pavillion.

BTW: Us Canadians boo too. I lost my voice booing at Kalib, just right to know WHEN to boo.
RMFG_187
6/28/08 1:31:11AM

Pham actually thought he won that fight
ncordless
6/28/08 1:32:18AM
Phan showed alot of heart. I was really worried he was gonna get outmuscled for 3 rnds.
Mayhem13
6/28/08 1:33:40AM
hmmm...still only 12 points here.

I thought 2-3 coulda went to Pham cause Billy didnt do anything with the takedowns and Pham lit him up on the feet..but they judge by control..which Billy did I guess..once he held him agaist the cage

ncordless
6/28/08 1:34:54AM

Posted by RMFG_187

Pham actually thought he won that fight

Actually I thought he might have taken the 2nd and 3rd. He definitely won the second. Close fight with a SD ending. Could of gone the other way.
tap_or_snap
6/28/08 1:35:17AM

Posted by Mayhem13

hmmm...still only 12 points here.

I thought 2-3 coulda went to Pham cause Billy didnt do anything with the takedowns and Pham lit him up on the feet..but they judge by control..which Billy did I guess..once he held him agaist the cage

sorry mate im on 19 now
ncordless
6/28/08 1:40:31AM

Posted by tap_or_snap

Posted by ncordless

Again i never said it was a good fight, just dont think boos are neccessary and your right thats not just an american thing, still with regard to the wrestling tell that to billy robinson

Fair enough. Oh and props for pulling out Billy Robinson. Just goes to show that there is a different idea of what wrestling is.
tap_or_snap
6/28/08 1:44:32AM

Posted by ncordless

Fair enough. Oh and props for pulling out Billy Robinson. Just goes to show that there is a different idea of what wrestling is.

Well not really, the lancashire catch game featured leg takedowns just as much as american folk styles as well as the traditional chips and hanks and contray to popular belief a win could come from a pinfall as well, i've got some old photos of lancashire wrestlers working a sort of side ways guard were they lay on there side instead of their back to avoid the pin...

ooh ill prop you back too just to be polite
MMAcca
6/28/08 1:51:51AM
Can't believe Southworth won!

he's ruined everything
MMAcca
6/28/08 1:54:28AM
So Thomson is up 2 rounds ?
hotrodttt
6/28/08 1:57:01AM

Posted by MMAcca

Yeah he's retty much Tooling him, in Strikes and Wrestling. He's about to be down 3 Rounds also
MMAcca
6/28/08 1:58:46AM

Posted by hotrodttt

Posted by MMAcca

Yeah he's retty much Tooling him, in Strikes and Wrestling. He's about to be down 3 Rounds also

Cheers i'm just reading MMA Weekly's PBP before i go to work, any chance of Milendez coming bacck here you think ?

Oh well, my picks for this sucked anyway......
MMAcca
6/28/08 2:00:29AM
That's 3 rounds to Thomson
ncordless
6/28/08 2:01:18AM

Posted by tap_or_snap

Posted by ncordless

Well not really, the lancashire catch game featured leg takedowns just as much as american folk styles as well as the traditional chips and hanks and contray to popular belief a win could come from a pinfall as well, i've got some old photos of lancashire wrestlers working a sort of side ways guard were they lay on there side instead of their back to avoid the pin...

ooh ill prop you back too just to be polite

Hey man, you don't have to school me on Billy's history. He was great and I saw his little exhibit in the Hall of Fame just a few months ago. I was speaking more to his later involvement in Pro Wrestling. I am from Iowa, and we have a little history here as well.
MMAcca
6/28/08 2:04:22AM
Maybe thomson will start to fatigue a bit, he did say he wasn't 100% for this fight and the Melendez can score the win with a T K O.

Or is that just wishful thinking ?
hotrodttt
6/28/08 2:05:29AM

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by hotrodttt

Posted by MMAcca

Cheers i'm just reading MMA Weekly's PBP before i go to work, any chance of Milendez coming bacck here you think ?

Oh well, my picks for this sucked anyway......

No, Josh is going to Win a Unanimous Decision or if his Punches keep landing then a Knockout
MMAcca
6/28/08 2:07:06AM
Will have to take your word for it as i need to set off to work now
RMFG_187
6/28/08 2:07:35AM
i picked Josh, and if he wins, ill be + 15000-20000$
hotrodttt
6/28/08 2:07:48AM

Posted by MMAcca

Will have to take your word for it as i need to set off to work now

Yeah and he almost took Gilberts neck off with that RNC
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4