Strikeforce: Melendez vs. Masvidal

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Strikeforce: Melendez vs. Masvidal
shaneTpain
12/17/11 8:02:42PM
Anyone else watching this event tonight?
I know its not the most exciting card but its a nice little fix in between the UFC fights.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Twenty20Dollars
12/17/11 8:16:19PM
Chris Brown fighting tonight in SF prelims. Ha

But not that Chris Brown.

I might tune into the main card, but also recording it.

I do need a break from mma though, seems like there has been an event almost every weekend.
shaneTpain
12/17/11 8:35:00PM
Chris Brown already got his arm broke. Wish it was THE Chris Brown now haha.
Bubbles
12/17/11 11:43:52PM
holy crap, i was ready to turn it off. i dont know how many times Mauro called OSP "GSP" and "St Pierre" throughout the fight. i would bet he got it wrong more times than right. cant Zuffa fire the guy?
Patchedup15
12/18/11 2:18:06PM
yeah.. strikeforce announcing is terrible. they are rivalled only by Joe Buck and Troy Aikman for FOX Football Sundays.. seriously bring in KFlo and rashad if you want to use former fighters as announcers. they have experience doing it, and are more modern figures.

In addition I'm posting this everywhere there is a discussion invovling Gil.. he is no where near P4P. he is no where near top 5 of lightweights.. maybe a #10.. he is good just like jake shields was great. But what happened when he moved to UFC?? he FAILED.
Bubbles
12/19/11 12:17:16AM

Posted by Patchedup15

yeah.. strikeforce announcing is terrible. they are rivalled only by Joe Buck and Troy Aikman for FOX Football Sundays.. seriously bring in KFlo and rashad if you want to use former fighters as announcers. they have experience doing it, and are more modern figures.

In addition I'm posting this everywhere there is a discussion invovling Gil.. he is no where near P4P. he is no where near top 5 of lightweights.. maybe a #10.. he is good just like jake shields was great. But what happened when he moved to UFC?? he FAILED.

he beat a top 10 in Kampmann, then lost to the #1 or #2 p4p fighter in the world in GSP. then he simply got caught by a knee via Ellenberger. failed? record wise yes, but he is still an elite WW

Melendez has the striking to hang with anyone in the LW division and also has pretty good wrestling if he wants to take it to the ground. he is definitely a top 5 LW, arguably top 3.
viceroid
12/20/11 5:50:40PM
ITs like Melendez want to imitate the Nick Diaz style but that takes out the SAVAGE BOY out of him and I dont like that.

But he made a good job doing the jab work ... regular fight imho specially for