Strikeforce Makes Heavyweight Grand Prix Final Official; Adds Additional Bouts

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Strikeforce Makes Heavyweight Grand Prix Final Official; Adds Additional Bouts
prophecy033
4/3/12 12:11:26AM
Strikeforce on Monday finally made official the conclusion of the Strikeforce Heavyweight Grand Prix. It will take place May 19 at the HP Pavilion in San Jose, Calif.

MMAWeekly.com has already reported the main event showdown between Josh Barnett and Daniel Cormier, the co-main event with Strikeforce lightweight champion Gilbert Melendez defending his title against Josh Thomson, and a light heavyweight feature bout pitting former champion Rafael “Feijao” Cavalcante vs. Mike Kyle.

In making the official announcement, Strikeforce officials added another bout, matching up Bobby Voelker with Nah-Shon Burrell.

Link
tcunningham
4/3/12 1:55:14AM
the GP has lost all it luster. i just ready for it to be over with and see josh and cormier in the ufc, assuming josh is welcome. i think cormier could move down to LHW, but he's not a young fighter at 33 yrs old,so he should do it quick. with his wrestling and big power, i think he could be a badass at LHW
Budgellism
4/3/12 2:02:25AM
Pretty good card forming here. Thomson isn't really my first choice of opponent for Melendez but with their roster they don't really have much choice. The first two fights were awesome, I don't think this will be any different. And the tournament final should be pretty good as well. I've got Cormier winning.
hashyandy4
4/3/12 2:55:35PM

Posted by Budgellism

Pretty good card forming here. Thomson isn't really my first choice of opponent for Melendez but with their roster they don't really have much choice. The first two fights were awesome, I don't think this will be any different. And the tournament final should be pretty good as well. I've got Cormier winning.

This is a pretty sweet card 4 strikeforce
george112
4/3/12 3:19:07PM
Just want this thing over .

Anxious to see how Barnett looks
prozacnation1978
4/3/12 6:08:47PM
Better than last couple strikeforce cards