Strikeforce: Los Angeles fight results

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Strikeforce: Los Angeles fight results
jae_1833
6/17/10 12:54:33AM
link

OFFICIAL RESULTS
Renato "Babalu" Sobral def. Robbie Lawler via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
Evangelista "Cyborg" Santos def. Marius Zaramoskis via TKO (strikes) - Round 1, 2:38
Tim Kennedy def. Trevor Prangley via submission (rear-naked choke) - Round 1, 3:35
K.J. Noons def. Conor Heun via split decision (27-30, 29-28, 29-28)
PRELIMINARY CARD
Jeremy Umphries def. R.J. Clifford via technical submission (rear-naked choke) - Round 2, 2:27
Hugo Sandoval def. Marcus Kowal via TKO (strikes) - Round 2, 0:43
jjeans
6/17/10 7:26:27AM
Disappointed by lawler.... KJ Noons fight, how did anybody score that at 30-27 Heun
But i was most impressed with Tim Kennedy
postman
6/17/10 7:32:47AM
I have a feeling Lawler had his ribs broken once that brusie set in he was really protecting those ribs. I wish Babalu would have worked the kicks even more then he did. Mixing it up body legs and head.
prozacnation1978
6/17/10 8:59:43AM
I knew kennedy would win
Was suprised cyborg won but I know think zaramoskis is over rated needs to go fight back in japan
Lawler I thought should have won a split. But babulu not wanting to fight
Lawal. Is cool with me. Hendo fight would be good. He needs to enter the tournament

Hendo
Kennedy
Souza
Miller
Babulu
Rockfold
Villasenor
lawler
noahgenda
6/17/10 4:18:42PM
i think babalu wants to stay at 205?

i dont know how dude scored that bout 30-27. i saw this picture earlier today and it pretty much sums it all up

theruler_
6/17/10 6:57:48PM
some strange production in this show. not sure if sf are trying something new or if the venue had certain limitations.

lawler looked way undersized at 195. his power didn't seem the same either. he should keep to 185 or lower in the future imo.
kennedy was very impressive, as was cyborg.
noons was a bit dissapointing. it looked like he struggled against some fairly unorthodox striking.
jae_1833
6/17/10 9:24:10PM

Posted by noahgenda

i dont know how dude scored that bout 30-27. i saw this picture earlier today and it pretty much sums it all up

How does a pic of Noons and Babalu sum anything up, not only did they not fight each other but they're not even in the same weight class. Watch the fight....Babalu won the first two rounds, barely but he did.....even Robbie Lawler agrees.
theruler_
6/17/10 9:39:50PM

Posted by jae_1833

Posted by noahgenda

How does a pic of Noons and Babalu sum anything up, not only did they not fight each other but they're not even in the same weight class. Watch the fight....Babalu won the first two rounds, barely but he did.....even Robbie Lawler agrees.

it's conor, not babalu, although he does look a little like babalu in the pic
noahgenda
6/17/10 10:11:19PM

Posted by jae_1833

Posted by noahgenda

wtf bro? thats definitely huen with a cut under and over both eye, unable to open either during the decision being read. damage needs to be the number criteria for judging IMO - not that cuts always equal damage delivered, but this fight was pretty obvious who won, 27-30 in the opposite direction was insane