Strikeforce lightweight Bobby Green meets Jacob Volkmann at UFC 156

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Strikeforce lightweight Bobby Green meets Jacob Volkmann at UFC 156
DrivenDavies15
12/21/12 7:11:40PM
Five-time Strikeforce veteran Bobby Green (19-5 MMA, 0-0 UFC) will make his octagon debut at February's UFC 156 event against nine-time UFC fighter Jacob Volkmann (15-3 MMA, 6-3 UFC).

USA TODAY Sports today learned from sources close to the fighters that both athletes have verbally agreed to the matchup and bout agreements are expected to be finalized shortly.

LINK
sparky
12/21/12 7:46:23PM
It has been an awesome day for Strikeforce fighters. Whats that the third today that has been announced in a UFC bout.
jay98107
12/21/12 8:30:01PM
I'll be picking Volkmann via complaining about Obama for 11 points.
prozacnation1978
12/22/12 12:01:28AM
Boring fight.
Highlight just may be what volkman says
When he wins
jae_1833
12/22/12 1:01:44AM
There have been a lot of great pick ups from Strikeforce, and nearly all of them have scored unfavorable match ups. Lawler should have been matched up with a banger, and Green should have scored a guy who is more versatile for sure. I am wondering, does anyone have a list of who the UFC has picked up and what their match ups are....immediate props would come. I would disect it of course.
MMAcca
12/22/12 8:06:34AM

Posted by jae_1833

There have been a lot of great pick ups from Strikeforce, and nearly all of them have scored unfavorable match ups. Lawler should have been matched up with a banger, and Green should have scored a guy who is more versatile for sure. I am wondering, does anyone have a list of who the UFC has picked up and what their match ups are....immediate props would come. I would disect it of course.

Maybe the UFC are trying to shift dead weight ?

I know Lawler is on a pretty lucrative contract......
jae_1833
12/24/12 8:47:51PM
Hurts, but it's true....Robbie is inconsistant as he sometimes just shows a complete lack of wrestling skills and that has even made him gunshy before too.