Strikeforce: Houston - Results/Discussion (Spoilers)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » Strikeforce: Houston - Results/Discussion (Spoilers)
« Previous Page
AchillesHeel
8/21/10 10:53:15PM
Good fight by Noons. Noons-v-Diaz or Noons-v-Melendez would be fine with me.

And all I can say about Gurgel is . I'm not sure he even wants to win anymore, he's just happy to get knocked around.

gartface
8/21/10 10:54:50PM

Posted by AchillesHeel

Good fight by Noons. Noons-v-Diaz or Noons-v-Melendez would be fine with me.

And all I can say about Gurgel is . I'm not sure he even wants to win anymore, he's just happy to get knocked around.

Haha it's been the story with him for the past few years now... it's ridiculous, but I can see where Frank Shamrock said "He's tired of armbarring people," but at least attempt to play to your strengths...
hate4thestate
8/21/10 10:56:50PM

Posted by gartface

Posted by hate4thestate

KJ Noons...... wow.

I really want to see him fight Melendez.

Noons loses imo. Gilberts good enough standing to get Noons comfortable and get the td. Noons will get schooled on the ground by Gil.
telnights
8/21/10 10:58:08PM
That's funny how they played it up that Jack Shields was offered a fight with Jacare twice but turned it down.
lohmann
8/21/10 10:59:17PM

Posted by hate4thestate

Posted by lohmann

John Schorle is obviously the worst referee in mixed martial arts.

Full mount, no matter what, deserves no standing up.

stand up isnt the issue... not letting him restart in the position is... ******* bullshit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The standup was done because of inactivity, then they assessed the cut. That is some horrible refereeing.

The two Schorle errors committed tonight combined with the way the Noons/Gurgel fight ended makes me believe Texas has easily the worst refs in American MMA.
AchillesHeel
8/21/10 11:05:01PM
This should be good.
AchillesHeel
8/21/10 11:12:53PM
Kennedy should be using some leg kicks.
telnights
8/21/10 11:17:26PM
If I was Kennedy's corner I would have him pushing Jacare up against the cage and pressuring Jacare.
AchillesHeel
8/21/10 11:28:21PM
"Right on the Brazilian barbeque."
lohmann
8/21/10 11:44:18PM
What happened in that decision is the winner won.
lohmann
8/21/10 11:46:42PM

Posted by telnights

If I was Kennedy's corner I would have him pushing Jacare up against the cage and pressuring Jacare.

I agreed.

The amount of work Jacare put into clinchwork and takedowns with Villasenor was the reason he gassed.
telnights
8/22/10 12:09:10AM
That made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside .
AchillesHeel
8/22/10 12:10:10AM
And Hurricane Feijao makes landfall in round 3.
Twenty20Dollars
8/22/10 12:16:05AM
king has been dethroned! I had R2 tko for fejiao
lohmann
8/22/10 12:16:23AM
Strikeforce never gets the winner they obviously want.

Henderson, Emelianenko, Mousasi, Lawal, Kennedy, etc. - it never works out for them.
postman
8/22/10 12:32:35AM

Posted by lohmann

John Schorle is obviously the worst referee in mixed martial arts.

Full mount, no matter what, deserves no standing up.

I just rewatched it he stood Lashley up, then called for the cut check what a joke! The best part is Not one of the announcers say a thing about it???????
Twenty20Dollars
8/22/10 12:33:03AM
now lets hope I get some good results from the other part of this combo card.

MiniMan
8/22/10 12:39:01AM
As always a pretty average show from strikeforce, I can complain as I paid $35AU to watch in our PPV channel. Two title fight where good.. I think its funny as how they always bring up the UFC, Its so silly. They should go on as if UFC dont even exist! But oh well.

KJ is lucky he missed with knee (Head anyways) didnt need that to taint his win. The knockdown after the bell looked nasty!

LOL at Lashley, Plain and simple, He isnt that good... No power in his strikes at all. I thought he looked super fast at the start and though he was going to finish, NOPE... Got hit a few times and give up mentally. He can not take a beating... Good job other guy whatever his name was! (wink wink Lashley)

King Mo got too relaxed with his body shots and could of won that fight, But good entertaining fight!
Franklinfan47
8/22/10 2:38:33AM
Well.. interesting to see Lawal and Lashley exposed

Havent seen the Noons stoppage yet, but sounds like some awful reffing to me.

Interested to see who wins the strikeforce mw tournament to challenge Jacare. I think Kennedy warrants a spot in it after that fight.

I can post some sengoku spoilers cuz I have HDnet. Right now there just doing bw tourny fights.
gartface
8/22/10 10:37:38AM

Posted by Franklinfan47
Havent seen the Noons stoppage yet, but sounds like some awful reffing to me.

It was indecisive refereeing. The knockdown at the end of the round was in no way intentional and was in the flow of the fight. The knee that he landed at the end, hit Gurgel's elbow, so it was legal. KJ was trying to be a sportsman after he knocked him down with the combo in the second and get the ref to intervene, but was then forced to continue and pounded Gurgel out.
tepid55
8/22/10 12:13:31PM
How will Cormier's submission via strikes win be counted in the game?
Twenty20Dollars
8/22/10 6:46:58PM
will go down as a submission win, submission via strikes so that knocks me down to 49 pts.
Pages: 1 [2]