Posted by Boo_Radley21
They should do it and all the matches in the first round be opposing fighters
Brock Lesnar vs Bigfoot Silva
Shane Carwin vs Brett Rogers
Cain Velasquez vs Allistair Overeem
Junior Dos Santos vs Fedor Emelianenko
Round 1Lesnar vs. Bigfoot Silva
- This is one of the closer matches here. Bigfoot has a striking advantage and BJJ advantage and I would think Lesnar would have the wrestling and power advantage. Close fight but I can see Lesnar grinding him out.
Winner: LesnarCarwin vs. Rogers
- This would be a very quick and exciting match. I see Carwin running out and hitting Rogers with a few huge punches putting him out around the 45-60 second mark.
Winner: CarwinVelasquez vs Overeem
- This is the one we've all been waiting for. UFC HW champ vs. Strikeforce HW champ. I've honestly gotta say I think Velasquez has the ability to take overeem down and pound him out. It's been done before, it can be done again. Cain's wrestling is unmatched right now, or so it seems. When you can shake off Lesnar's takedowns like Cain did you're on another level.
Winner: VelasquezDos Santos vs Emelianenko
- This is my favourite fight you've put into this HW tourney. These guys will no doubt bang it out for a few minutes before Fedor takes it to the ground and unleashes an onslaught of his famous ground and pound to close out the round. I think in the 2nd Dos Santos comes out patiently and then gets tagged. Fedor will then take him down again and finish him near the end of the 2nd round with strikes.
Round 2 Lesnar vs. Carwin II
- This match will look a lot like Lesnar vs. Carwin I except for the ending. I see Carwin being able to learn from his mistakes and pace himself enough to actually be able to stop Lesnar. Probably at the end of the first round. I could even see Lesnar not being able to make it to round 2 and having it stopped in between rounds.
Winner: CarwinVelasquez vs. Emelianenko
- Had this fight been under Pride rules I would probably have a different result. That however isn't the case. Cain and Fedor will probably feel each other out for a little bit until Cain takes it to the ground. From there I see him being able to keep Fedor on his back for the rest of the fight.
FinalsCarwin vs. Velasquez
- This is another great fight. Carwin has the size advantage and I would say the power advantage. Cain has the speed, cardio and technique advantage and arguably the wrestling advantage. I give Cain the advantage in this one. He has a lot more ways to win. I'm going to say Cain by tko in the 2nd.
After going through each match I would love to see this actually happen.