Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Rogers Results/Discussion (Spoilers)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Rogers Results/Discussion (Spoilers)
« Previous Page
TimW001
11/8/09 12:18:12AM
That whole card lived up to the hype, and my expectations!

That was so much fun! I'm still buzzing.

TimW001
11/8/09 12:25:04AM
WOO!

Aether
11/8/09 12:52:22AM
Pretty sure that punch hurt Rogers' Grandmother's jaw.
Franklinfan47
11/8/09 1:43:44AM
Somewhere in Holland, Alistair Overate is crapping his pants
jae_1833
11/8/09 3:11:19AM

Posted by hails

What now for Fedor? I can not wait to watch his next fight!!!

Who will he fight and when?

Did people consider Rogers a can? Just not sure where Rogers stands in the HW rankings IMO.

Your thoughts?

I thought this was a great card, even if I had to watch it on the net because it was not shown in Australia!

I admit I thought Rogers was a can who laned a lucky punch into stardom on AA, now I think he should be ranked top 15 minimum...I'd have to do the MMAMATH to be more accurate. Fedor fights Overeem next or Overeem should give up his belt which he should have done over a year ago. If Overeem doesn't show to fight Fedor then it doesn't matter to me who they feed him it should be for the belt.
DCRage
11/8/09 7:42:04AM

Posted by hails
Who will Fedor get next?

Probably Werdum.

Also, for those who missed it, the Deray-Miller prelim was cancelled. Time constraints. Both guys apparently knew it could happen and both would get paid their "show money" at a minimum.
BelXavier420
11/8/09 7:54:34AM

Posted by DCRage

Posted by hails
Who will Fedor get next?

Probably Werdum.

Also, for those who missed it, the Deray-Miller prelim was cancelled. Time constraints. Both guys apparently knew it could happen and both would get paid their "show money" at a minimum.

I thought Fedor was suppose to fight a bear next?
I liked that event A lot! I really hope Strikeforce sticks around, round by round break downs are cool.
Rush
11/8/09 8:55:58AM

Posted by Kpro

Obviously you are missing the point.

And yet you are unable or unwilling to help me explain???

Posted by AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

I absolutely loved that fight . shields put on a grappling clinic . Just beautiful to watch !!!!!

I love grappling more than a lot of people, but I thought that fight was just painful to watch. For one reason, I didn't think Jake ever put Miller in a position of real danger. Another, I think is the tight Gracie JJ style. Not that I am criticizing the style, but it isn't the most dynamic style out there. I didn't mind the transitions from side to mount (though I feel most of them were given up by Miller rather than Jake positioning on his own (which was a little frustrating for me). However, there was way to much time spent on the fence with Miller sitting and Jake doing nothing but preventing Miller from getting up.

Mind you a lot of it was Miller too. He was too wide open, when I think his game plan should have been using his size and Jakes lack of standup to his advantage. Miller also needs to learn to defend the single leg takedown properly. He kept pushing Jakes head down when he should ahve been pushing it to the side and pushing off his hips to change Jake's direction of centre movement.

As I said, I can appreciate the ground game more than most people. but I do expect serious attempts at trying to finish the guy, not ride out the clock and hope that you opponent makes a fatal mistake. That may have worked in the old UFC days, but not now.
Kpro
11/8/09 11:23:28AM

Posted by Rush

Posted by Kpro

Obviously you are missing the point.

And yet you are unable or unwilling to help me explain???

I thought it was fairly obvious.

Both being common opponents of Mayhem, and the comment in quotations after the fighters name was the general consensus of message board posters after each had won.

I'm not seeing what there is to misunderstand or need explained, let me know if there is more to it that is being missed.
Rush
11/8/09 12:53:36PM
I didn't understand the logic in how Jacare beating Miller gives any credence to Jake's skills. If anything it just means Jake and Jacare are better grapplers than Miller.

As far as Jake beating Miller, like I said, I don't consider Miller a great striker, so I don't consider this win any testament of Jake being able to stand with a good striker.

All in all, if Jake comes to the UFC and beats a couple guys in the top 10, then I will change my opinion of him. I just don't see it happening (him coming to the UFC and/or beating UFC top 10 fighters.)
RMFG_187
11/8/09 6:20:20PM

Posted by AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

Posted by Kpro

I guess I just don't understand the Shields hate.

For a half dozen years message board posters have been saying "if a striker just lands then its over for Shields", yet it hasn't happened.

He's good at what he does, most don't like it but just admit it, and move on.

That fight had great grappling transitions, takedowns and counters. I don't need a haymaker to make a good fight.

I absolutely loved that fight . shields put on a grappling clinic . Just beautiful to watch !!!!!

Agree with both of u. and I still say Shields will kill Jacare. Hate me all u want, but its true
Kpro
11/9/09 1:04:41AM

Posted by Rush

I didn't understand the logic in how Jacare beating Miller gives any credence to Jake's skills. If anything it just means Jake and Jacare are better grapplers than Miller.

As far as Jake beating Miller, like I said, I don't consider Miller a great striker, so I don't consider this win any testament of Jake being able to stand with a good striker.

Apparently we're just not mentally clicking on this still.

I'm not using any logic comparing Jacare and Shields, only the responses from forum posters post-fight with a similar opponent showing that one obviously gets more respect from using the same style. I'm also not saying that Miller is a great striker as evidenced by the quoted part regarding what many on the forums have posted regarding a next opponent.

I'm not going to spin wheels on this, if we're still not on the same wavelength then it is what it is.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]