Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Rogers Results/Discussion (Spoilers)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Rogers Results/Discussion (Spoilers)
Next Page »
DCRage
11/7/09 4:03:31PM
We're underway!
TV card begins at 9 PM ET/PT on CBS (IT IS NOT LIVE ON THE WEST COAST!).
Tonight's card:
Prelims:
Christan Uflacker beat Jonatas Novaes by unanimous decision, 2 30-25s and 1 29-26.
Nate Moore* beat Louis Taylor by submission (strikes) at 3:24 of round 2.
Shamar Bailey beat John Kolosci by unanimous decision, 3 29-27s.
Jeff Curran beat Dustin Neace by submission (injury) at 1:39 of round 1.**
Deray Davis vs. Mark Miller
Marloes Coenen beat Roxanne Modafferi by submission (armbar) at 1:03 of round 1. (swing bout, will air on TV if time permits)
TV fights:
Fabricio Werdum beat Antonio Silva by unanimous decision, 3 29-28s.
Strikeforce Light Heavyweight Champion Gegard Mousasi beat Sokoudjou by TKO (strikes) at 3:43 of round 2 in a NON-TITLE match.
Jake Shields beat Jason Miller by unanimous decision, 2 49-46s and 1 48-47, to win the vacant Strikeforce Middleweight Championship.
WAMMA Heavyweight Champion Fedor Emelianenko beat Brett Rogers by TKO (strikes) at 1:48 of round 2 to retain the title.

*-According to Junkie, this Nate Moore has a 5-1 record (I know it's caused some confusion because there are something like 3 Nate Moores)
**-Catch weight at 147 due to Neace missing weight. Neace is fined 20% of his fight purse, that goes to Curran.
Fedor-Rogers is still 3 rounds even though it's now a title fight.
Kpro
11/7/09 4:22:56PM

Posted by DCRage
*-According to Junkie, this Nate Moore has a 5-1 record (I know it's caused some confusion because there are something like 3 Nate Moores)

Good, I was assuming it was the Nate Moore that was Fitch's wrestling teammate at Purdue and training partner at AKA when I made my picks, even though the link from the site went to a different Nate Moore.
DCRage
11/7/09 5:05:40PM
Originally, my thought was it was the (I think) 3-0 Nate Moore, an assumption based on their recent fights. This seems to come up every couple of SF events with their prelim fighters.
TimW001
11/7/09 5:53:38PM
I AM SO EXCITED!!

DCRage
11/7/09 6:00:57PM
Potential Celebrity Sighting Alert! Word is a Mr. S. Aoki of the nation of Japan will be in attendance tonight, repoertedly a guest of the Kingdom Of DREAM...oops, Kimboan slip. Some out-of-control adrenaline flowing into my brain. But seriously, Aoki says he will be at tonight's event ahead of a potential SF debut soon, maybe within the next 3-4 months.
DCRage
11/7/09 7:02:31PM
We're starting a few minutes earlier than expected. Novaes-Uflacker is up first.

And we might have a DQ or NC. Early stoppage in round 3 due to Uflacker taking 3 illegal kicks to the face while on the mat.
Kpro
11/7/09 7:08:45PM
Since I know the question will come eventually, because the fight companion is showing Sengoku picks rather than the Strikeforce picks, this is how you view what your picks were for Strikeforce.

Click My Playground, then on your profile. Find out how many points you have in the Secondary league this season.

Click on Secondary League, Click on Points Leaders, find yourself in the rankings, use the drop down menu to the right of your username to select Strikeforce. This will show your selections.
Shawn91111
11/7/09 7:14:52PM

Posted by Kpro

Since I know the question will come eventually, because the fight companion is showing Sengoku picks rather than the Strikeforce picks, this is how you view what your picks were for Strikeforce.

Click My Playground, then on your profile. Find out how many points you have in the Secondary league this season.

Click on Secondary League, Click on Points Leaders, find yourself in the rankings, use the drop down menu to the right of your username to select Strikeforce. This will show your selections.

Easy to scroll to when you are ranked in the top 50 compared to...oh say top 300
Kpro
11/7/09 7:19:31PM
4-0 with 34, up over $6k.

Uflacker completed my parlay that included Evangelista and Rockhold also.
DCRage
11/7/09 7:19:34PM
Uflacker wins by UD, the scores will sound odd because Novaes was docked a point for those illegal blows: 29-26 and 2 30-25s.
Kpro
11/7/09 7:27:22PM

Posted by DCRage

Originally, my thought was it was the (I think) 3-0 Nate Moore, an assumption based on their recent fights. This seems to come up every couple of SF events with their prelim fighters.

Just realized it was taken off of the picks, so I guess it didn't matter which Nate Moore it was anyways.
Kpro
11/7/09 7:30:04PM

Posted by Shawn91111

Easy to scroll to when you are ranked in the top 50 compared to...oh say top 300

After seeing your picks on the UFN 9 Finale, I'll just trust you that it's hard to scroll for a looooong time.

Franklinfan47
11/7/09 7:30:49PM

Posted by Kpro

Posted by DCRage

Just realized it was taken off of the picks, so I guess it didn't matter which Nate Moore it was anyways.

Really? I didn't know that. It was the hot bout, wasnt it?

2-2 with 16 points altogether right now. Not a good start.
Kpro
11/7/09 7:32:50PM

Posted by Franklinfan47

Posted by Kpro

Posted by DCRage

Really? I didn't know that. It was the hot bout, wasnt it?

2-2 with 16 points altogether right now. Not a good start.

It went from 13 fights to 12, and that was the one removed. My pick list doesn't even show what is the Hot Bout so I really have no clue. I know someone in a thread yesterday said it was the chick fight but I haven't seen any confirmation on that.
DCRage
11/7/09 7:56:19PM
This Nate Moore is now 6-1, he won by 2nd round sub (strikes). Bailey-Kolosci up now, going to 3. Bailey was docked 1 point in round 2 for an illegal knee. If it goes the distance this one could be a Draw.
Rush
11/7/09 7:56:56PM

Posted by Kpro

Or, find the results page for your profile for a past event, then change the number at the end of that URL to a 97
Shawn91111
11/7/09 8:03:14PM

Posted by Kpro

Posted by Shawn91111

After seeing your picks on the UFN 9 Finale, I'll just trust you that it's hard to scroll for a looooong time.

Do we have to bring up the past
DCRage
11/7/09 8:12:03PM
Curran wins by sub in 99 seconds. Neace injury, possibly a broken rib. Not good considering 20% of his pay is already going to Curran for missing weight.
Rush
11/7/09 8:19:57PM

Posted by DCRage

Curran wins by sub in 99 seconds.

That's more like it.
D0wnUnd6e6r
11/7/09 8:34:01PM
daaaaaaaaah coenen subs modaferri in the 1st...wich was my pick up until about 5 min to the deadline
DCRage
11/7/09 8:37:47PM
And in only 63 seconds, making it a fairly good bet to make TV. That also means Marloes gets first shot at Cristiane Santos, possibly in January.
DCRage
11/7/09 8:46:28PM
Heads-up, everyone: Davis-Miller is DELAYED. Junkie reports they're skipping the fight and in intermission until CBS broadcast begins (in about 15 minutes). More when it becomes available.

UPDATE: It either will be after Fedor-Rogers or is off.

Cung Le vs. Scott Smith is now official for 12/19.
Shawn91111
11/7/09 9:16:09PM
I like how the crowd boos after 10 seconds..maybe they should have watched the Randleman fight last night
Aether
11/7/09 9:21:09PM
Anyone have a good stream? I've found a couple but they're pretty much all skipping badly and cutting out.
burialchamber
11/7/09 9:22:23PM
props to anyone who PM's me a link

EDIT: thanks :)
DCRage
11/7/09 9:30:15PM
Silva has been throwing this fight away in rounds 2 & 3. He totally abandoned his strategy and Werdum has taken advantage big time. Just don't get finished and Werdum should win.
Shawn91111
11/7/09 9:32:40PM
I have 29-28 Werdum
DCRage
11/7/09 9:33:38PM
Ditto. R1 was all Silva, but Werdum had the edge in R2 with the takedown & ground work, R3 was solidly for Werdum.
D0wnUnd6e6r
11/7/09 9:33:38PM

Posted by Shawn91111

I have 29-28 Werdum

as do i, but i wouldnt be surprised to see a split
Aether
11/7/09 9:33:41PM
yeah, looks like Werdum took the last 2 rounds. I missed some of it looking for a good stream, but that's what it looks like.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4