Strikeforce/EliteXC 3/29 Results (Spoilers)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » Strikeforce/EliteXC 3/29 Results (Spoilers)
Next Page »
DCRage
3/29/08 7:03:28PM
And we're underway. Enjoy! Or try to, haha.

Prelim matches (8-9 PM ET, will not air on TV/PPV):
Jesse Jones beat Jesse Gillespie by TKO (strikes) in 35 seconds.
Darren Uyenoyama beat Anthony Figueroa by submission (guillotine) at 1:27 of round 1.
Tiki Ghosn beat Luke Stewart by unanimous decision, 1 30-27 and 2 29-28s.

TV/PPV (9 PM ET):
Joey Villasenor beat Ryan Jensen by KO at 4:45 of round 1.
Wayne Cole beat Mike Kyle by submission (armbar) in 42 seconds.
Strikeforce Lightweight Champion Gilbert Melendez beat Gabe Lemley by TKO (ref stoppage-strikes) at 2:18 of round 2 to retain the title.
Drew Fickett beat Jae Suk Lim by submission (guillotine) at 1:14 of round 1.
Cung Le beat Strikeforce Middleweight Champion Frank Shamrock after Shamrock can't answer the bell for round 4 to become THE NEW STRIKEFORCE MIDDLEWEIGHT CHAMPION! Officially it's TKO (doctor's stoppage due to severely damaged arm) after round 3.
Billy Evangelista beat Marlon Sims by KO at 39 seconds of round 3.
juanez13
3/29/08 8:18:45PM
ahh! Uyenoyama wins by guillotine!
Mayhem13
3/29/08 8:21:12PM
ahhh! that was the hot bout wasnt it?
grappler0000
3/29/08 8:22:28PM

Posted by juanez13

ahh! Uyenoyama wins by guillotine!

amen...now I just have to work on breaking the Hot Bout curse on my primary league.
Mayhem13
3/29/08 8:23:49PM
I can never get a hot bout right....

this is turning out crapy already I think....I need to get every fight right from here on out...to stay in it
juanez13
3/29/08 8:32:29PM

Posted by Mayhem13

this is turning out crapy already I think....I need to get every fight right from here on out...to stay in it

IMO i see you put 3,000 on cung lee... I put shamrock on my parlay with 2,000, so one of us is gonna loose quite a bit (fickett, Villasenor, Melendez is the rest of the parlay, fairly safe bets, just hope there arent any upstets)

Oh and by the looks of it, seems like you are gonna loose you parlay, as i see L. Stewart in your parlay, and so far seems like he is on his way to a decision loss
Mayhem13
3/29/08 8:34:56PM

Posted by juanez13

Posted by Mayhem13

IMO i see you put 3,000 on cung lee... I put shamrock on my parlay with 2,000, so one of us is gonna loose quite a bit (fickett, Villasenor, Melendez is the rest of the parlay, fairly safe bets, just hope there arent any upstets)

yeah, I am trying to get some money back..so I hope Cung can pull it out..

my parlay is all fairly safe with Villesanor, Melendez, Stewart, and Kyle
wolfman
3/29/08 8:36:30PM
I remembered in Anthony's last fight he kept leaving his neck out there for Pete Sabala, yet Sabala wasn't able to capitalize. Yet, Darren obviously was able to. I'm glad I picked Darren to win, yet I'm mad that I changed my pick from a 1st round sub to a UD. It was a somewhat drastic change, I figured Darren would either sub him quick or it would be a long drawn out decision with Darren getting more takedowns and firing off submission attempts. I was just not sure if he was going to be able to finish "Ant". Should have stayed with my original pick as I knew how Darren was a wizard on the mat and he would eventually find a way to sub him. This is another reason why I don't like to pick decisions, as it usually backfires on me when I do.
Mayhem13
3/29/08 8:36:47PM
uh-oh....maybe Stewart wasnt a good bet either....sounds close going into round three
wolfman
3/29/08 8:41:21PM
Stewart will pull it off, I hope. It will probably be a split decision. I can't lose another parlay! I have lost several in a row now.
Mayhem13
3/29/08 8:43:27PM
same here.. I hit big on the Shamrock Berry card..and have dropped steadily since haha
juanez13
3/29/08 8:43:41PM

Posted by wolfman

Stewart will pull it off, I hope. It will probably be a split decision. I can't lose another parlay! I have lost several in a row now.

seems like you lost another one, sherdog has it for tiki 29-28.

Yea Tiki takes it 29-28 (twice), 30-27. i had stewart 2nd round sub, but wasnt completely sold so i decided to leave it out. only loss on points for me.
wolfman
3/29/08 8:45:08PM

Posted by juanez13

Posted by wolfman

seems like you lost another one, sherdog has it for tiki 29-28.

LOL I swear, I do risky parlays and then I try a pretty much sure bet and end up blowing another one.
DCRage
3/29/08 8:46:17PM
Tiki wins by UD. FAIL.
WhiteWidow
3/29/08 8:49:03PM
thats a big win for tiki, his 2nd biggest win of his career next to beating genki, i think maybe 4% of ppl thought tiki was going to beat stewart, wow
wolfman
3/29/08 8:49:17PM
Come on Stewart! How do you lose to Tiki?!?! He has been a four fight slide and has never been that impressive, even when he does win. lol Seriously, this is beyond crap.
D0wnUnd6e6r
3/29/08 8:49:50PM
this sucks...lost parlay cause of stewart already... did win 300 on darren tho, and got the perfect hot bout...it does suck for the parlay though
Aaronno9
3/29/08 8:52:12PM
Anybody know why marlon simms fight has been moved to after the shamrock le fight? I wounder if their going to air it if the main card flies by.
wolfman
3/29/08 8:52:55PM

Posted by Aaronno9

Anybody know why marlon simms fight has been moved to after the shamrock le fight? I wounder if their going to air it if the main card flies by.

Yeah, I think it was listed as the swing bout. So, it is a possibility.
juanez13
3/29/08 8:53:13PM

Posted by Mayhem13

same here.. I hit big on the Shamrock Berry card..and have dropped steadily since haha

If shamrock wins (which he most likely will, i hope anyways), seems like you are gonna be all out (or pretty close)....
wolfman
3/29/08 8:57:39PM

Posted by juanez13

Posted by Mayhem13

If shamrock wins (which he most likely will, i hope anyways), seems like you are gonna be all out (or pretty close)....

I feel your pain Mayhem13....
babalu2720
3/29/08 9:00:16PM
Luke Stewart effectively ruined my chances at the earnings title..he was involved in almost all of my money and lost...friggen tiki Ghosn...awful
grappler0000
3/29/08 9:06:54PM
If Frank gets too cocky on his feet and loses as a result, I'll be pissed.
candynuts
3/29/08 9:07:06PM
GO Shamrock!!

Bill Goldberg never disappoints me with his shirt. And I cant wait for Ranllo to have those awesome lines. "James Thompsons chin is made of cinderellas favorite slippers"
wolfman
3/29/08 9:08:44PM

Posted by babalu2720

Luke Stewart effectively ruined my chances at the earnings title..he was involved in almost all of my money and lost...friggen tiki Ghosn...awful

Yeah, damn him and his stupid skunk goatee. j/k In all seriousness though, Tiki should not have won that fight. Props to him though, I am still shocked that he won.
grappler0000
3/29/08 9:10:27PM

Posted by candynuts

GO Shamrock!!

Bill Goldberg never disappoints me with his shirt. And I cant wait for Ranllo to have those awesome lines. "James Thompsons chin is made of cinderellas favorite slippers"

At least Goldberg has his shirt buttoned a little higher this time.
candynuts
3/29/08 9:22:28PM
DAMMNNNN, after a couple minutes of aggresive LNP, Jensen and Villasenor started trading back and forth, Villasenor rocked him early, then Jensen was firing back until Villasenor clocked him with a right and Jensen was put to sleep!
Damn hard shot!!

"Smokin' Joe smoked Jensen like one of Cuba's finest" Ranallo!! lol, I think it was something along the lines of that.
grappler0000
3/29/08 9:23:24PM
That was the worst AND best 1st round I've seen in a while.
Aaronno9
3/29/08 9:28:35PM
Wow. Jensen got laid out! I kinda worried about my pick when i saw how big jensen was compared to joey but he looked good against a much bigger guy tonight.
candynuts
3/29/08 9:36:02PM
WOW, that was quick.
Wayne "The submission magican" Cole!!
Trip takedown by Cole and got Kyle in a quick armbar.
Pages: [1] 2 3