Strikeforce Dallas: Overeem vs Werdum Results and Discussion

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » Strikeforce Dallas: Overeem vs Werdum Results and Discussion
« Previous Page
grappler0000
6/19/11 12:08:51AM
Well, if you picked a decision, you earned your points, I guess.
telnights
6/19/11 12:09:30AM

Posted by grappler0000

We should give points for just having to watch that.
grappler0000
6/19/11 12:11:15AM

Posted by telnights

Posted by grappler0000

We should give points for just having to watch that.

Very true!
Twenty20Dollars
6/19/11 12:12:05AM
I really hope Bigfoot wins now.
postman
6/19/11 12:12:39AM
I scored that a draw thank god we didn't have to see another round
Twenty20Dollars
6/19/11 12:15:02AM
There is one more fight.
tcunningham
6/19/11 12:16:24AM
ive complained about boring main events before, but that one took the cake. worst main event i think ive ever seen.
Chael_Sonnen
6/19/11 12:16:37AM
UBER-overrated
postman
6/19/11 12:17:53AM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

There is one more fight.

Yeah but you have to put hd net back on now
ncordless
6/19/11 12:18:11AM
Current K-1 Champ vs. Abu Dhabi champ= Some of the most hard-core guard pulling and flopping action in the history or the sport
Poor_Franklin
6/19/11 12:19:49AM
the new bosses won't be happy w/ some of the fighters tonight. werdum made that fight dreadful
FastKnockout
6/19/11 12:20:07AM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

UBER-overrated

How so? He still won, and he didn't request Werdum to keep pulling guard.
robert619
6/19/11 12:26:09AM
If only Werdum had more confidence in his stand up. He was hanging in there with him. Hell he even rocked him. Still was a pretty sucky fight. Overeem is one of the most overated fighters ever. If he gasses like that against Bigfoot bad things will happen.
FlashyG
6/19/11 12:29:30AM
In Case anyone was interested
Round 1
MMA Junkie

Kerry Hatley calls the final fight of the evening. Bronzoulis leads with a kick. Moore tries to jab his way in. Bronzoulis back with a leg kick. Bronzoulis with nice kick to the body. Moore lands a nice right hand, and Bronzoulis waves him in. Bronzoulis counters with a nice right hook that backs away his foe. Bronzoulis leaning his head back in exchanges. Moore with a pair of leg kicks. Bronzoulis punches in and lands a ton of nice shots against the cage. It's the first big swing in momentum, but Moore is Ok when it ends. Bronzoulis catches a kick and unloads with punches, but Moore escapes. Moore is firing, but he's meeting mostly glove. Neither is landing much on the feet. Bronzoulis gets fancy with a spinning hook kick, but it meets air and they trade without much advantage until the round ends. MMAjunkie.com scores the round 10-9 for Bronzoulis.

Sherdog

Moore takes the center of the cage and pumps his jab from his southpaw stance. Bronzoulis kicks low, but Moore stands his ground. Bronzoulis pushes Moore up against the cage, but he punches his way out. Nice straight left and low kick from Moore, who seems relaxed and in control. Bronzoulis misses a wild spinning-back kick with just under a minute to go. Not much else going on. Moore gets the first 10-9 in a slow round.

Round 2

MMAJunkie

Moore jabs in again and Bronzoulis drives it to the fence. Moore lands in close as Bronzoulis clinches. They break off, and it's Moore landing in close. He takes advantage of Bronzoulis' cover and shoots for a takedown, but gets nowhere. Moore jabbing and leg kicking to keep Bronzoulis off. Bronzoulis flurries with a kick and punches but can't land anything solid. Moore throwing jabs and hooks at an advancing Bronzoulis. That prompts Bronzoulis to give chase, and he's eating a lot of jabs as he advances. Bronzoulis lands a big right hand and a knee and Moore winds up on top as they spill to the canvas. Moore is working from the top but not getting much of anywhere. Moore takes the second frame on MMAjunkie.com's scorecard, 10-9.

Sherdog

Round two kicks off with Bronzoulis moving forward and pushing Moore up against the cage. Moore punches out with a three piece and pushes a retreating Bronzoulis to the cage. They move back to the middle and Bronzoulis lands a nice kick to the body. Bronzoulis is much more aggressive this round, but neither is really throwing anything too hard. Bronzoulis changes that with a stiff combination that ends with a hard knee. Moore catches another knee and sinks Bronzoulis to the mat. He works some ground-and-pound to the bell. Bronzoulis takes a close second, 10-9.

Round 3

MMAJunkie

Round 3 - Bronzoulis goes big with a flurry of punches and drives Moore to the cage. He hammers away but can't land that one shot. Finally, Moore escapes, and Bronzoulis goes back to his pursuit. He ties it up again and lands knees from the clinch. Moore returns fire with knees, and takes a big punch. Bronzoulis pursues, hands at this side, throwing the kitchen sink at Moore, who's left eye is now pretty swollen. Moore trades a knee to the head for a punch. They're slugging it out now, but Bronzoulis seems the fresher fighter, and Moore finally wilts under the pressure. But he drives back and manages to get a takedown, and they're stalled against the cage. Finally, they get back to their feet, and they're slugging it out in a dirty boxing war. Moore dives for a leg and Bronzoulis fights off the takedown against the cage. Moore gets the takedown to close out the round. It's a very close frame, but MMAjunkie.com scores it 10-9 for Moore for a 29-28 score.

Sherdog

Bronzoulis turns up the heat a bit in the third. He bullies Moore in the clinch and lands a nice standing elbow. He pushes him to the cage and peppers Moore's now-swelling face. Bronzoulis shows some good dirty boxing skills and is taking over. He lands another combo punctuated by a kick to the body. Moore gets a takedown along the cage but Bronzoulis is right back up. And back down he goes. Bronzoulis pushes the head down and works his way back up again. The fighters are spent with 45 seconds to go. They trade punches and Moore shoots again. He is stuffed and the fight comes to a close. Sherdog scores the third round 10-9 for Bronzoulis.

Official Score 29-28 Moore on all 3 Cards
papercut
6/19/11 12:45:27AM
not a good main event fight by any means. had it been pride I think Werdum wouldve been dq'd for the stalling he did. at one point I believe it took him almost 10 seconds to get back to his feet for the ref to restart the fight. now I am not saying overeem is not to blame for the outcome of this fight but you definitely can't put it all on him. hopefully he'll put on a show against bigfoot.
Twenty20Dollars
6/19/11 12:48:07AM
I think I picked Mike to win, oh well. I did hit some other finishes though.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]