STRIKEFORCE: CSAC OKAYS JESSE TAYLOR TO REPLACE DIAZ

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » STRIKEFORCE: CSAC OKAYS JESSE TAYLOR TO REPLACE DIAZ
emfleek
8/10/09 4:20:18PM
The California State Athletic Commission has approved Team Quest standout and “Ultimate Fighter” season 8 cast member Jesse Taylor to face Jay Hieron on Aug. 15 at Strikeforce “Carano vs Cyborg.”

CSAC Assistant Executive Officer Bill Douglas informed MMWeekly.com of the development Monday afternoon.

STORY
emfleek
8/10/09 4:21:32PM
Question...

Since Diaz failed to show up for a drug test, will the CSAC consider that to be an automatic positive test, meaning he could still have his license suspended?
SmileR
8/10/09 4:21:33PM
Wow that card just got a hell of a lot less interesting!
emfleek
8/10/09 4:22:44PM

Posted by SmileR

It's not a guarantee just yet. Apparently Diaz has until 3PM PST to take the test.

LINK
Kpro
8/10/09 4:24:12PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by SmileR

It's not a guarantee just yet. Apparently Diaz has until 3PM PST to take the test.

LINK

I've heard they've extended the deadline until 4:20 PST.
emfleek
8/10/09 4:26:09PM

Posted by Kpro

I've heard they've extended the deadline until 4:20 PST.

They may want to extend THAT deadline, as well. Something tells me he'll be busy around then.
Irish_Pride
8/10/09 4:30:54PM
Let's hope he makes the deadline. Diaz vs Hieron just seems much more of an exciting fight than Taylor vs Hieron.
postman
8/10/09 4:32:45PM
I didn't catch that till I read your post. I think Jesse Taylor makes that fight more intersting I think Diaz was going to have a pretty easy fight now it should be competive.
gartface
8/10/09 4:32:55PM
I don't know about you guys, but I'm gaining a lot of respect for Taylor.
Nightmare27
8/10/09 4:39:09PM
If Diaz isnt in the fight I dont think that it should be for the title. It sucks for Hieron it that ends up being the case though.
nickcuc547
8/10/09 4:53:25PM

Posted by Irish_Pride

Let's hope he makes the deadline. Diaz vs Hieron just seems much more of an exciting fight than Taylor vs Hieron.

true that and diaz vs. riggs sounds better than both, tough luck for strikeforce on this card. heiron vs. taylor will be an interesting fight though, but come on, any time diaz is supposed to fight and can't is a disappointment no matter the reasoning behind it.
wrona666
8/10/09 5:44:06PM
This is still an interesting match up IMO.......We will see if Taylor can hang with an upper class fighter......
george112
8/10/09 5:51:24PM

Posted by emfleek

Question...

Since Diaz failed to show up for a drug test, will the CSAC consider that to be an automatic positive test, meaning he could still have his license suspended?

i dont think it should count as a positive test.

although it should be if a trend started to happen.

guys knowing they couldnt pass OR guys not sure if they would pass the drug test.could just simply skip it and not worry about license suspension.

its kind of a loophole.

but like i said if a trend were to occur than yes.i think it should be counted as a positive result
scoozna
8/10/09 5:54:11PM
That's a tough switch for Hieron. All the sudden he's fighting a wrestler.

If I ever had an misconceptions about Nick Diaz getting back into the UFC, I think they are gone now.
ohnougotme
8/10/09 6:28:44PM
Little saddend by diaz's commitment problems.If taylor is ready to jump in,so be it.The show must go on!!!!I liked jay vs ncik.I thought he had good shot at beating diaz.Now with taylor(who's on a little roll)fillin in,i think it will be more a striking finnish.I like Jay's hands better then Jesse's.Thw wrestling of both will negate,and hopefully keepem standn.
MMA-San
8/10/09 7:42:24PM
Why not give him Sheilds?
Nightmare27
8/10/09 8:21:05PM
Shields is supposed to fight for the interim MW belt... I just read on mmaweekly that Diaz didnt show up today and Taylor is in for a non title fight. Sad news.
prozacnation1978
8/10/09 11:09:43PM
nice going diaz!! i say put the hieron fight as a prelim and promote the werdum fight to main card sad to see werdum go from heavyweight contender in ufc to prelim guy on strikeforce
RearNakedJoke
8/10/09 11:15:04PM

I don't know about you guys, but I'm gaining a lot of respect for Taylor.

he's doing the right things right now. he's focused on fighting he's not partying and he's keeping his mouth shut.

i've developed some respect for the guy now that he's manning up and showing some responsibility but i still think he's the biggest idiot to come along over all the past seasons of TUF.

as long as coco the monkey doesnt return i think he could go far in the sport.
Aaronno9
8/10/09 11:54:27PM
I really like Jesse Taylor. Hes got an huge amount of potential, and I would love to see him become a champ at some stage in his career, just so he can lol at Dana for making an example out of him.
EvenFlow
8/11/09 12:26:53AM
If Hieron shows up in a Limo with a WWF style entrance, he has no chance against JT Money.
cowcatcher
8/11/09 12:47:16AM
i feel for JT, hes young and everyone screws up at that age, he just did it in a big way at the worst possible time. i think he could take hieron down and gnp/lnp his way to a win here, although we didnt get to see a ton of his game last time out against the donger.
jascri
8/11/09 1:07:28AM
WEAK. This sucks. I feel bad for Strick Force, Diaz is a high-level world-class fighter, but these other two--no offense--but can't hold a candle to Nick, and it just makes the UFC look that much better.
This is one of the most uninteresting title fights, no, make that thee most uninteresting title fight I've ever heard of in MMA.
telnights
8/11/09 1:39:22AM

Posted by george112

Posted by emfleek

Question...

i dont think it should count as a positive test.

although it should be if a trend started to happen.

guys knowing they couldnt pass OR guys not sure if they would pass the drug test.could just simply skip it and not worry about license suspension.

its kind of a loophole.

but like i said if a trend were to occur than yes.i think it should be counted as a positive result

By Trend do you mean like failing a past drug test and avoiding phones calls from CSAC and missing 2 drug test deadlines? Even the promotion has been avoiding the CSAC and Diaz as well as his manager have been doing the same.

I feel the CSAC is being way to easy about all this. They keep breaking their own rules to help StrikeForce and Diaz out when truth is no fighter should get special treatment. If you worked for a company and that company did random drug testing and you didn't show up for the test you would get a warning and would have to take the test the next business day. If you missed that test a 2nd time you would be fired. It is at the point now that I think its clear Diaz is avoiding being tested because he thinks or knows he will fail the test which is just sad. If I was hea d of a commission avoidance would be seen just like a positive test but sadly it isn't. Jeff Monson refused a test and all that happened was he was refused a license to fight.
emfleek
8/11/09 9:01:29AM
How anyone can continue to root for this guy is beyond me.