Are Strikeforce Commentators Pro-Noons?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Are Strikeforce Commentators Pro-Noons?
ObviousTr0LL
10/10/10 5:27:00AM
I don't know if I am the only one that noticed this, but I watched the rematch last night and it seemed like the commentary in rounds 2 and 3 were STRONGLY for KJ. I agree that KJ easily won the second round but KJ would land a body punch and the commentators grew huge boners over it, even as Diaz was firing back with three punch combos. It seemed like any time Noons landed anything at all, the commentator's tones were multiplied by 3. Did anyone else notice this?
jimmypockets
10/10/10 10:02:19AM
First, let me say that I completely agreed with the decision.

With that being said, if you look at the striking stats, Noons was able to land more strikes. Quite a bit more although it didn't seem like it during the fight.

Maybe the announcers were talking about him more because he was landing more shots.
kopower
10/10/10 11:25:58AM

Posted by jimmypockets

First, let me say that I completely agreed with the decision.

With that being said, if you look at the striking stats, Noons was able to land more strikes. Quite a bit more although it didn't seem like it during the fight.

Maybe the announcers were talking about him more because he was landing more shots.

I agree that it seemed like Diaz was landing the majority of the shots during the fight. I was a bit shocked that the compustrike numbers had Noons so far ahead of Diaz after the fight. I thought the commentators were fine. Seemed like if either one landed good shots, Nick and KJ would get praised equally. I think Noons landed more power shots, so that could explain why Mauro Ranallo would bust a nut over him.
ncordless
10/10/10 12:40:56PM
Wrong forum. Moved to "other orgs."
sparky
10/10/10 2:08:00PM
Majority of the shots Noons landed were body shots thats did nothing to slow Diaz down thats just my opinion.
FlashyG
10/10/10 2:27:25PM
Its interesting how different the compustrike numbers were the the fightmetric numbers.

Fightmetric scored it the same as the judges

Link

The only thing Noons landed more of was body shots according to them and he only won round 2
Bloodhound
10/10/10 2:52:51PM
I thought the commentating was pretty fair to both fighters
seanfu
10/10/10 8:25:11PM
The commentating was fair imo but praise of Noons those rounds was because of the turn of events. He landed a lot of great stunner body shots. Diaz looked hurt most of the fight from getting hit to the body.