Former Strikeforce champ Sarah Kaufman on title snub: 'It's a slap in the face'

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Former Strikeforce champ Sarah Kaufman on title snub: 'It's a slap in the face'
Budgellism
1/5/12 11:44:46PM
Sarah Kaufman's frustration is unmistakable.

By all indications, the former women's champ won't get a chance to win back the bantamweight belt any time soon. Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker today told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) that the promotion is working on a title fight between current champ Miesha Tate (12-2 MMA, 5-1 SF) and Ronda Rousey (4-0 MMA, 2-0 SF) for March 3 in Columbus, Ohio, confirming initial reports that surfaced Wednesday.

That leaves Kaufman (14-1 MMA, 5-1 SF) in limbo instead of preparing for a fight she thought was hers.

"I didn't mind waiting for the title fight, and if I get stepped over, the waiting has pretty much been in vain," Kaufman said.

So she'll wait, as she's done several times in her career – for opponents, for exposure, and perhaps for respect. But she's not happy about it.

LINK
Bubbles
1/6/12 12:22:14AM
sorry but Rousey is on a 4 fight win streak while yours is at 2
Chael_Sonnen
1/6/12 12:39:41AM
Ronda is a better sell $$$$

A slap in the face will build character.
Kpro
1/6/12 3:19:30AM
She wanted a shot at the title before Rousey gets it, because it's game over after that.
MuayThaiGeek13
1/6/12 3:32:37AM
I hope there's another grease gate incident on March 3rd...

Between barnett and cormier of course, oohrah?
emfleek
1/6/12 9:11:47AM

Posted by Kpro

She wanted a shot at the title before Rousey gets it, because it's game over after that.

Yep.

Rousey would wreck that azz.
Dberntson
1/6/12 10:51:23AM
Without coming across as too sexist, Im about as much a fan of women's MMA as I am the WNBA. I don't have a problem with women competing in MMA, but at this point the skill level is not on par with men's MMA. I understand that women will never have the same speed and strength as the men, and I dont have a problem with that, but the technical skill needs to improve to the level that it is comparable with the men before it should get the same billing.
Budgellism
1/6/12 12:40:50PM

Posted by Dberntson

Without coming across as too sexist, Im about as much a fan of women's MMA as I am the WNBA. I don't have a problem with women competing in MMA, but at this point the skill level is not on par with men's MMA. I understand that women will never have the same speed and strength as the men, and I dont have a problem with that, but the technical skill needs to improve to the level that it is comparable with the men before it should get the same billing.

For the most part I feel the same way. Not as bad as the WNBA though. That's just cruel.

Take a look at Ronda Rousey though. She's a monster. Very technical considering her experience. I've also seen a few videos of her training and it's astonishing what she can do. Take a look at her and Tate's fight when it happens. It might change your way of thinking.