Strikeforce Challengers 5 results *Spoilers*

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » Strikeforce Challengers 5 results *Spoilers*
kopower
11/21/09 1:54:57AM
Strikeforce Challenger Series V QUICK RESULTS: According to mmamania

Tyron Woodley defeats Rudy Bears via submission (triangle choke) at 2:52 of round one
Kerry Vera defeats Kim "Sugar Free" Couture via technical knockout (strikes) at 3:35 of round one
Bobby Voelker defeats Erik "Bad" Apple via technical knockout (strikes) at 1:23 of round two
Rafael "Feijao" Cavalcante defeats Aaron Rosa via technical knockout (strikes) in round two
Kevin Casey defeats Chad Vance via submission (rear naked choke) at 1:41 of round one
Lee Gibson defeats Joe Wilk via technical knockout (strikes) at 4:39 of round one
Brian Davidson defeats Russel Patrick via technical knockout (strikes) at 0:29 of round one
Nick Nolte defeats Andrew Waters via submission (triangle choke) at 3:45 of round one
Darryl Cobb defeats Gary Tapasua via split decision (30-27, 28-29, 29-28)
Mike Chandler defeats Rich Bouphanouvong via technical knockout (strikes) at 2:07 of round two
Lucas Lopes defeats Dominic Brown via technical knockout (strikes) at 0:45 of round two

Vera vs Couture Vid
ncordless
11/21/09 7:20:45AM

Nick Nolte defeats Andrew Waters via submission (triangle choke) at 3:45 of round one

A lot of people thought Andrew was going to win that fight and while Nick did get the sub, you can tell from his post-fight pictures that he got rocked.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
DCRage
11/21/09 7:57:53AM
I remember when Junkie first announced that fight and they said Nick Nolte was fighting...of course I bet people were thinking "THAT Nick Nolte?" Unfortunately, no.

OK, obvious other question-did Kim wear the same outfit she wore to the weigh-ins to the fight? I highly doubt it but still gotta know.
MMAcca
11/21/09 9:30:41AM
Kerry Vera
higdon10
11/21/09 10:09:20AM
Woodley is tough. He could be great some day. He's got a ton of potential
jae_1833
11/21/09 10:42:48AM

Posted by DCRage

I remember when Junkie first announced that fight and they said Nick Nolte was fighting...of course I bet people were thinking "THAT Nick Nolte?" Unfortunately, no.

OK, obvious other question-did Kim wear the same outfit she wore to the weigh-ins to the fight? I highly doubt it but still gotta know.

Valid question.....who has got fight pics!??
kopower
11/21/09 10:44:27AM
One of the announcers, possibly Miletich, said that Woodley was the best athlete in mma today

He looked very good but there might be a few people like uhh..GSP that may be a bit better
kopower
11/21/09 10:46:46AM

Posted by jae_1833

Posted by DCRage

Valid question.....who has got fight pics!??

Unfortunately not.

Here's the video

Vera vs Couture
postman
11/21/09 11:44:52AM

Posted by DCRage

Unfortunatly no but she did take an ass woopin!