Strikeforce Challengers 5/21/2010

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Strikeforce Challengers 5/21/2010
hate4thestate
5/22/10 10:34:32AM
was anyone else highly impressed with how great the fights were? every single fight fight very exciting and it was seriously one of the best cards ive ever watched. there were some bumps like the t-wood decision. but man every fight was pretty badass. that bowling kid looks like a future brutalizer.
slapshot
5/22/10 11:24:57AM
I thought it was fairly horrible but thats just me.

Main event matt linland, really? And even worse they went out and found a guy they were 98% sure he could beat. A guy that openly stated he doesn't feel he needs to develop striking..... lol.

The best fight on the card was the one that got stopped.

I know some people like the commentators for showtime/strikeforce but I absolutely cant stand them. Its like watching Goldberg and Goldberg with no Rogan, not that he's the best commentator.

Some of the best fights Ive seen are amateur fights, two guys with a very close skill set just going at it but we are talking about bumping ugly's with the UFC here and at this point the UFC's free fight nights are quite superior and showtime seems like a hard company to deal with.

Strikeforce as a whole still seems to have a lot of the little details to work out and a few bigger ones as well but Im still happy they made it this far.

Im kind of hoping they can find a way to unify the titles with Dream and Bellator via co-promotion as a way to be competitive with the UFC because right now I think its the only way to bring together the depth and talent to do so, maybe revive Wamma.
Omega_8
5/22/10 1:44:00PM
Matt Linland needed a win to stay...well i wont say relevant cause he's done. but he needed the win to assure himself another fight in Strikeforce. his comments at the end were sorta um...well i was embarrased for him. he said other then Silva and Sonnen, the worlds best Middleweights are in Strikeforce. yeah um Marquardt, Maia, and a couple others would easily beat everyone in the strikeforce middleweight division other then maybe Gerard Moussasi. i dont count Shields as a SF fighter anymore, hes ufc bound.
hate4thestate
5/22/10 7:40:27PM

Posted by slapshot

I thought it was fairly horrible but thats just me.

Main event matt linland, really? And even worse they went out and found a guy they were 98% sure he could beat. A guy that openly stated he doesn't feel he needs to develop striking..... lol.

The best fight on the card was the one that got stopped.

I know some people like the commentators for showtime/strikeforce but I absolutely cant stand them. Its like watching Goldberg and Goldberg with no Rogan, not that he's the best commentator.

Some of the best fights Ive seen are amateur fights, two guys with a very close skill set just going at it but we are talking about bumping ugly's with the UFC here and at this point the UFC's free fight nights are quite superior and showtime seems like a hard company to deal with.

Strikeforce as a whole still seems to have a lot of the little details to work out and a few bigger ones as well but Im still happy they made it this far.

Im kind of hoping they can find a way to unify the titles with Dream and Bellator via co-promotion as a way to be competitive with the UFC because right now I think its the only way to bring together the depth and talent to do so, maybe revive Wamma.

this was a challenger series... you shouldnt be expecting big names really. but i really thought all the fights were real exciting. just as a fight fan i dont know how this card disappointed. i think it might just be some strikeforce hatin goin on. the first four fights especially the first three were great, exciting fights. i thought excitement this card was better then alot of bigger name fight cards for strikeforce or ufc or anything.

but i do agree that strikeforce needs some new anouncers. but that doesnt really matter to me that much. ive been watching long enough to were i dont need commentary to make the fight exciting. but if strikeforce gets the voice its over. strikeforce will dominate.
teamquestnorth
5/28/10 7:19:48PM

Posted by Omega_8

Matt Linland needed a win to stay...well i wont say relevant cause he's done. but he needed the win to assure himself another fight in Strikeforce. his comments at the end were sorta um...well i was embarrased for him. he said other then Silva and Sonnen, the worlds best Middleweights are in Strikeforce. yeah um Marquardt, Maia, and a couple others would easily beat everyone in the strikeforce middleweight division other then maybe Gerard Moussasi. i dont count Shields as a SF fighter anymore, hes ufc bound.

So your saying nate marquardt and damian maia would easily destroy jacare, dan henderson, diaz(at 85), babalu? I nominate this post for dumbest post of the year. Strikeforces MW division with or without shields is stacked.