Strikeforce: Carano vs. Cyborg Results/Discussion (Spoilers)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » Strikeforce: Carano vs. Cyborg Results/Discussion (Spoilers)
Next Page »
DCRage
8/15/09 5:21:46PM
We're underway!
Also, for those on the West Coast, the fights air TAPED, NOT LIVE at 10:30 PM PT. Tonight's card:
Prelims (will not air on TV):
Alex Trevino beat Isaiah Hill by submission (key lock) at 3:56 of round 1.
James Terry beat Zak Bucia by TKO (strikes) at 1:23 of round 1.
Justin Wilcox beat David Douglas by submission (rear naked choke) at 3:16 of round 3.
Scott Lighty beat Mike Cook by TKO (strikes) at 2:05 of round 1.
TV fights:
Fabricio Werdum vs. Mike Kyle
Jay Hieron vs. Jesse Taylor (if you missed it, this is a NON-TITLE match)
Strikeforce Interim Lightweight Champion Gilbert Melendez vs. Mitsuhiro Ishida for the title
Strikeforce Light Heavyweight Champion Renato Sobral vs. Gegard Mousasi for the title
Main Event: Gina Carano vs. Cristiane Santos for the inaugural Strikeforce Women’s Championship (5 5-minute rounds)
TV fights air live on Showtime, you can still get the online PPV for $24.95, it's got a bunch of other extras and camera angles too including that really cool "CageCam" worn by the refs tonight.
mkiv9secsupra
8/15/09 7:28:26PM
Werdum, Taylor, Melendez, Mousasi and Carano FTW!!!!
BabbyHughes
8/15/09 7:38:28PM
anybody know anywhere on the net you can watch this for FREE?
mkiv9secsupra
8/15/09 7:45:28PM
channelsurfing.net or justin.tv should have it
ncordless
8/15/09 8:06:20PM
Let's go Cyborg (dum, dum, dum dum dum) Let's go Cyborg (dum, dum, dum dum dum)
Wolfenstein
8/15/09 8:13:16PM
Breaking news! I heard they discovered that Cybrog is in fact a man and will now be fighting Jay Hieron.
PABLOMAFIOSO
8/15/09 8:23:22PM
wheres the stream at?
DCRage
8/15/09 8:33:33PM
Nowhere. It's prelim time.
The_Ho_Bag
8/15/09 8:41:02PM

Posted by Wolfenstein

Breaking news! I heard they discovered that Cybrog is in fact a man and will now be fighting Jay Hieron.

that wouldnt be a shocker
DCRage
8/15/09 8:46:49PM
First fight's already over. Trevino submitted Hill in 3:56. Key lock.
PABLOMAFIOSO
8/15/09 8:50:41PM
is there actually a free stream?......I'm not payin for the only worthy fight (Babalu vs Gegard)
Irish_Pride
8/15/09 8:56:45PM

Posted by PABLOMAFIOSO

is there actually a free stream?......I'm not payin for the only worthy fight (Babalu vs Gegard)

I'm sure justin.tv and channelsurfing.net will be streaming the main card once it starts. They are both free.
D0wnUnd6e6r
8/15/09 8:58:23PM
From the sounds of it, terry gave a quick beating to bucia lol
DCRage
8/15/09 8:58:36PM
And the second fight's over already. Terry TKOs Bucia in 1:23. Big John is doing some reffing tonight.
DCRage
8/15/09 9:16:11PM
Upset alert? Douglas-Wilcox going to round 3 and Sherdog unofficially has it 20-18 Wilcox.
hotrodttt
8/15/09 9:19:13PM
I'd be kinda pissed off if Wilcox won because I had him by UD before I switch last night to Douglas after watching some tape vs Malapeit, he doesn't quit
D0wnUnd6e6r
8/15/09 9:22:15PM
daaaaaaaaaaah had wilcox in a upset ud, damnit! lol still hit the first of my parlay
DCRage
8/15/09 9:23:19PM
Wilcox won, RNC in round 3.
Franklinfan47
8/15/09 9:23:25PM
2-0, 12 points with the underdog bonus. Having trouble predicting the finishes.
D0wnUnd6e6r
8/15/09 9:25:35PM

Posted by Franklinfan47

2-0, 12 points with the underdog bonus. Having trouble predicting the finishes.

same
Kpro
8/15/09 9:37:38PM

Posted by hotrodttt

I'd be kinda pissed off if Wilcox won because I had him by UD before I switch last night to Douglas after watching some tape vs Malapeit, he doesn't quit

I almost never pick against Cesar Gracie guys, but I picked Wilcox for the same reason you switched to Douglas; the Malaipet fight.

I wasn't impressed with Douglas' cardio in that fight with Malaipet and thought Wilcox could control him long enough for him to gas.

2-0 with 12 +$1700
grappler0000
8/15/09 9:40:01PM

Posted by hotrodttt

Did the same thing , but at least i threw a few bucks on Wilcox though.
Kpro
8/15/09 9:40:03PM
Round 1
Lighty lands a nice combination to get the scoring started, a right straight-left cross two piece. Lighty moving around the outside picking his shots. It is all Lighty now. He hurts Cook with high kick before crushing him with a straight right that collapses Cook to the canvas. He struggles back to his feet only to absorb a brutal left leg kick to the body followed by a digging left hand that left Cook waving for McCarthy to intervene. Lighty lands a couple more shots before the referee can get there to end the assault at 2:05 of the first stanza.

sooo, a TKO right?
D0wnUnd6e6r
8/15/09 9:42:20PM

Posted by Kpro

Round 1
Lighty lands a nice combination to get the scoring started, a right straight-left cross two piece. Lighty moving around the outside picking his shots. It is all Lighty now. He hurts Cook with high kick before crushing him with a straight right that collapses Cook to the canvas. He struggles back to his feet only to absorb a brutal left leg kick to the body followed by a digging left hand that left Cook waving for McCarthy to intervene. Lighty lands a couple more shots before the referee can get there to end the assault at 2:05 of the first stanza.

sooo, a TKO right?

yeah ref stoppage = tko ... sadly i switched to 1st rd sub last minute... daaaaaamnit im sucking at picking the way of win tonight
Irish_Pride
8/15/09 9:42:38PM

Posted by Kpro

Round 1

sooo, a TKO right?

Yeah, thats a TKO. Got 11 points on that fight. I'm 2-1 with 16 points.
D0wnUnd6e6r
8/15/09 9:44:32PM
and now people have to wait another 45 min for a fight... kinda cool we get to see more fights on tv but that has to be brutal for people that are live. Bad timing call by strikeforce IMO
Franklinfan47
8/15/09 9:44:35PM
3-0 with 17 points and 1/3 of my parlay complete on Wilcox.
Kpro
8/15/09 9:46:51PM
3-0 with 23.

Anytime I do good on the under card I miss the Hot Bout, so now you can expect Carano to win.
D0wnUnd6e6r
8/15/09 9:49:30PM

Posted by Kpro

3-0 with 23.

Anytime I do good on the under card I miss the Hot Bout, so now you can expect Carano to win.

tonight is where it turns around for you buddy, no way carano is winning this fight
hotrodttt
8/15/09 9:51:45PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by hotrodttt

Did the same thing , but at least i threw a few bucks on Wilcox though.

Yeah I did but I had a parlay on Wilcox, Ishida and Hieron for Big Money, but If Cyborg, Ishida, and Hieron Win then I get 26,000 off of a 1,500 $ bet
Pages: [1] 2 3 4