Strikeforce's Antonio Silva has no ill will toward judges' decision

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Strikeforce's Antonio Silva has no ill will toward judges' decision
ThaAxeMurderer7
11/8/09 12:09:40PM
HOFFMAN ESTATES, Ill. – When the final decision was read – Fabricio Werdum earned a unanimous decision win over fellow heavyweight Antonio Silva by winning two rounds to one – the crowd at the Sears Centre Arena in Hoffman Estates, Ill., reacted with a mix of boos and cheers.

Some felt the 29-28 scores were justified. Others booed the decision and felt Silva, who kicked off the night's CBS broadcast with a dominant first round, earned the win.

But one person you won't hear complaining about the decision is Silva.

Link
kopower
11/8/09 1:14:56PM
Respect level +1 for Silva. Werdum won that fight
Rush
11/8/09 1:31:21PM
As he shouldn't. There was no controversy at all in the decision. Silva took Rd 1 and the latter two went to Werdum. Only Cecil Peoples would have scored the fight differently.
Giant_Ochai
11/8/09 1:46:09PM
It was an incredibly obvious decision. Nobody could make a reasonable case for a Silva win. It would be borderline to even argue for a draw.
Twenty20Dollars
11/8/09 2:39:32PM
The only one Antonio should be ill towards is himself for not finishing Werdum, seriously that should ended in the first.

Very questionable as to why Silva decided to go to the ground and then keep on clinching with Werdum when he was doing good in the stand up.

Rush
11/8/09 3:11:22PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Very questionable as to why Silva decided to go to the ground and then keep on clinching with Werdum when he was doing good in the stand up.

I could spend the whole day ranting about decisions that fighters make in the ring that do not make sense. It happens a lot so I have rationalized it as something that is totally enigmatic at this time rather than suspicious.

In terms of the Silva-Werdum fight, my guess is that Silva might have sensed more danger in the clinch, where Werdum started getting the better of the exchanges in rounds 2 and 3
bjj1605
11/8/09 11:03:18PM
I don't know why he would have ill will, he lost a clear decision.....
prozacnation1978
11/9/09 7:44:52AM
i had werdum 29-28
but silva's mistake to try to grapple he should have stood everytime
Giant_Ochai
11/9/09 11:34:29AM

Posted by prozacnation1978

i had werdum 29-28
but silva's mistake to try to grapple he should have stood everytime

Boggled my mind. I think Silva carried about ten extra pounds to help counter Werdum's grappling, but he got tired instead.
1daveufc
11/9/09 2:10:00PM

Posted by bjj1605

I don't know why he would have ill will, he lost a clear decision..... [/Q
UOTE]