Strikeforce Announces June 6 Event, 2 Fights

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Strikeforce Announces June 6 Event, 2 Fights
DCRage
4/2/09 12:27:56PM
Strikeforce sent out a press release today confirming it's second Showtime event for June 6 from St. Louis. The event will be headlined by Robbie Lawler vs. Jake Shields in a catch weight fight at 182 and Strikeforce Light Heavyweight Champion Renato Sobral defending against Rafael Cavalcante (Feijao).

Article
The_Metal_Maniac
4/2/09 12:48:59PM
Anytime two of my favorite fighters are on the same card Babalu and Lawler it makes me very happy. Look
EvenFlow
4/2/09 12:52:38PM
Feijao is going to knock Babalu into retirement. Hes just not as well known, he might even be an underdog when he shouldnt be. You'll probably see him in the UFC sooner or later.
breakdown5
4/2/09 12:52:39PM
Babalu better bring his A game to this fight. Feijao is no joke and will be making waves in the LHW division very soon.
McBee
4/2/09 12:56:00PM
so I am guessing this is a big no the Tacoma/Seattle event...................screwed again
DCRage
4/2/09 1:29:53PM
The Northwest plans were presumed off when the "ShoMMA" card aka the Secondary event for May was coming together.
McBee
4/2/09 1:31:59PM

Posted by DCRage

The Northwest plans were presumed off when the "ShoMMA" card aka the Secondary event for May was coming together.

I am so pissed but it is also kind of nice if they just pushed it off, then I have time to get some money for the good $100 seats
Twenty20Dollars
4/2/09 1:50:01PM
I might be tempted to go to this event, with it being close.

And having babalu and lawler on the card.
pv3Hpv3p
4/2/09 2:27:36PM

Posted by EvenFlow

Feijao is going to knock Babalu into retirement. Hes just not as well known, he might even be an underdog when he shouldnt be. You'll probably see him in the UFC sooner or later.

I like what I've seen form Feijao too, but how can you say he's going to knock Sobral into retirement? Babalu's fought the toughest guys around in his carreer... From Hendo to Fedor to Chuck to Shogun, he's fought a who's who list of premier MMA fighters...

Calvancante hasn't fought anyone even close to Babalu's caliber in his carreer, and this is a big step up for him... I hope he fares well, but I wouldn't be so quick to write off the old vet against the young up and comer
EvenFlow
4/2/09 2:36:16PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Posted by EvenFlow

I like what I've seen form Feijao too, but how can you say he's going to knock Sobral into retirement? Babalu's fought the toughest guys around in his carreer... From Hendo to Fedor to Chuck to Shogun, he's fought a who's who list of premier MMA fighters...

Calvancante hasn't fought anyone even close to Babalu's caliber in his carreer, and this is a big step up for him... I hope he fares well, but I wouldn't be so quick to write off the old vet against the young up and comer

I got the retirement thing from Babalu's last couple of interviews saying hes near the end of his career and perhaps a loss brutal or not might be the end but I hope not its just what Babalu has been saying. I do agree good matchup tho, its either a coming out party or validation for the vet.
Khaos
4/4/09 11:52:29AM
I can't wait for this card, Babalu and lwalwer, it's gonna be a great night.