UFC vs. Strikeforce

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » UFC vs. Strikeforce
POLL: UFC vs. Strikeforce
UFC 64% (18)
Strikeforce 21% (6)
Don King 14% (4)
FastKnockout
7/10/12 12:24:01AM
Events from both orgs coming up this week. Which are you more excited for?

(UFC on Fuel TV)

-Main Card-

Mark Munoz vs. Chris Weidman

Joey Beltran vs. James Te Huna

Kenny Robertson vs. Aaron Simpson

Francis Carmont vs. Karlos Vemola

T.J. Dillashaw vs. Vaughan Lee

Rafael dos Anjos vs. Anthony Njokuani

-Preliminary Card-

Alex Caceres vs. Damacio Page

Chris Cariaso vs. Josh Ferguson

Andrew Craig vs. Rafael Natal

Marcelo Guimaraes vs. Dan Stittgen

Raphael Assuncao vs. Issei Tamura

(Strikeforce: Rockhold vs. Kennedy)

-Main Card-

Luke Rockhold vs. Tim Kennedy [MW Title]

Nate Marquardt vs. Tyron Woodley [WW Title]

Roger Gracie vs. Keith Jardine

Lorenz Larkin vs. Robbie Lawler

-Preliminary Card-

Jorge Masvidal vs. Justin Wilcox

Pat Healy vs. Mizuto Hirota

Jordan Mein vs. Tyler Stinson

Jason High vs. Nate Moore

Budgellism
7/10/12 12:39:44AM
Both cards look great but I went with UFC. Solid all the way through. It should be a good night of fights.
Chael_Sonnen
7/10/12 12:44:46AM
I am EXCITED for this guy

I can't wait to see his sweaty upper lip in beautiful HD
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Adrenaline
7/10/12 12:47:28AM
Actually its about even for me believe it or not.

I'm not overly excited about Rockhold/Kennedy but it should be a good scrap.

Then you have the WW debut (unless I missed something) of Marquardt which is also for the belt.

Robbie is always entertaining.

Toss in Jardine, and Masvidal and it should be a solid night of fights.
FastKnockout
7/10/12 1:07:59AM
Larkin vs. Lawler won it over for me. More excited for that fight than anything on the UFC card. There's also Gracie and Couture who I like to keep an eye on as they evolve.
Chael_Sonnen
7/10/12 1:15:28AM

Posted by FastKnockout

Larkin vs. Lawler won it over for me. More excited for that fight than anything on the UFC card. There's also Gracie and Couture who I like to keep an eye on as they evolve.

Hells yaah - - Robbie is gonna knock off the skirt-thingy that Larkin wears into Vikingr's cardboard box living room - - -
Twenty20Dollars
7/10/12 1:31:04AM
Dong King

UFC for me, I think the potential for better fights are there. Whereas, I can see some of the SF fights not being as good as they should be.

SF though, has actually put up a solid card top to bottom, notable guys fighting.
Adrenaline
7/10/12 1:32:21AM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Posted by FastKnockout

Hells yaah - - Robbie is gonna knock off the skirt-thingy that Larkin wears into Vikingr's cardboard box living room - - -

To both statements. I love Robbie, you never have to guess what his gameplan is. His comeback against Manhoef was one of my favorite moments from the past few years.
prophecy033
7/10/12 2:43:48AM
I went with Strikeforce because I'm going to it
DrivenDavies15
7/10/12 2:56:15AM
Both cards are awesome but I'm more excited for Strikeforce. Great fights from top to bottom with a lot of notable fighters. Plus I'm a huuuuuge fan of Jordan Mein
frizzzlecake
7/10/12 3:12:05AM
Hard to go against Kennedy and Ruthless, But Weidman and James Te have me so amped!
MALICE
7/10/12 7:34:27AM
I think the Strikeforce card will have a little more excitement than the UFC card, but I am more excited for the UFC card.

July 7th, 11th, 14th, 21st
August 4th, 11th, 17th
Sept 1st, 7th, 22nd, 29th

I'm liking the looks of the next three months.
kopower
7/10/12 8:50:41AM
About equal for me. Both cards have great, exciting fights. Te Huna/Beltran and Lawler/Larkin are gonna be fireworks
JLS1980
7/10/12 9:24:00AM

Posted by kopower

About equal for me. Both cards have great, exciting fights. Te Huna/Beltran and Lawler/Larkin are gonna be fireworks

Wow. kopower have you been working out. You have massive arms. They look about 13" like this professional named Vikingr.. Nice AV

I went with UFC card. Strikeforce has a nice card too. Excited for the Munoz vs Weidman, Te huna vs Beltan and Dos Anjos Vs Njokuani should be a nice scrap too. A lot of tossups w/the UFC event which could result in some competitive scraps.
Boo_Radley21
7/10/12 10:02:04AM
Rockhold and Kennedy had better not touch eachother's shorts. Or I'll be al over them via twitter
FastKnockout
7/10/12 12:45:39PM

Posted by frizzzlecake

Hard to go against Kennedy and Ruthless, But Weidman and James Te have me so amped!

I'm with ya there