Strikeforce

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Strikeforce
MALICE
2/9/08 10:18:46PM
Will the upcoming Strikeforce events be added to the Secondary League? I see that they're not listed right now, or will they just be listed after Season 2 is over?

Just curious because these will be some insane events to see. Bob Sapp, Shamrock vs Le. It would be a shame not to have these in the league.
cowcatcher
2/9/08 10:23:26PM
id be shocked if shammy/le wasnt there, but the sapp card might be a little weak and not show up.
MALICE
2/9/08 10:26:22PM

Posted by cowcatcher

id be shocked if shammy/le wasnt there, but the sapp card might be a little weak and not show up.

Yeah, its ok if they leave out the Sapp card, but not Shamrock / Le. Please, for the love of (mma), not Shamrock / Le.
Svartorm
2/10/08 12:11:23AM
Well add it Just waiting for them to finalize more than two or three fights is all.
BlazinSaddle
2/10/08 12:32:28AM
what fights are confirmed besides frank/cung?
DCRage
2/10/08 8:31:21AM
Jake Shields vs. Drew Fickett for the EXC Welterweight Title and Joe RIggs vs. Joey Villasenor. 4 other fighters are rumored but have no opponents yet: Gilbert Melendez, Paul Buenetello, Jorge Santiago, and Gina Carano (pending her American Gladiators obligations).
fullerene
2/11/08 10:10:48AM

Posted by DCRage

Jake Shields vs. Drew Fickett for the EXC Welterweight Title and Joe RIggs vs. Joey Villasenor. 4 other fighters are rumored but have no opponents yet: Gilbert Melendez, Paul Buenetello, Jorge Santiago, and Gina Carano (pending her American Gladiators obligations).

That's a strong card. I'd like to some day see those events in the primary league, replacing what used to be Pride cards. I guess we're still a ways away from that, but this card looks as strong as some Fight Night cards.
Playground_Samurai
2/11/08 10:30:46AM
Didn't they announce Gilbert Melendez/Josh Thomson a few months back? I think it may have been right after Gilbert's fight at the playboy mansion, but i'm not completely sure. Anybody have any updates on that?
pv3Hpv3p
2/11/08 3:03:11PM

Posted by gspfan

Didn't they announce Gilbert Melendez/Josh Thomson a few months back? I think it may have been right after Gilbert's fight at the playboy mansion, but i'm not completely sure. Anybody have any updates on that?

Ya it was supposed to happen, unfortunately Thompson had to pull out due to injury... If I remember correctly maybe his back, whatever it was, I'm pretty sure it needed surgery... I think it might be in the news section on this site if you're looking for more details