UFC vs. Strike Force.....?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » UFC vs. Strike Force.....?
TheHood
10/27/07 4:43:24AM
Do you think UFC should create more inter-promotional match with Strike Force? Such as letting their own UFC talents fight agianst the talents from Strikeforce. Or even not a bad a idea to make some sort of undisputed matches (champion vs. champion!) You see, for me, I always wanna watch Cung facing people like Tito Ortiz, Chuck Liddell and Quinton Jackson, I believe it would be ahuge challenge for Cung as well.....!
MondayNiteMauser
10/27/07 12:54:51PM
Cung Le would get smashed by any Chuck, Tito, and Rampage....in fact Cung Le would probably get beat by Frank Shamrock because of his lack of ground game. **** strikeforce they are all a bunch of has been or wanna-bes none of them could be sucessful in the UFC except for Lawler, and Nick Diaz
ohiostate1016
10/27/07 1:04:42PM
I don't ever see the UFC having inter-promotional events. Hell, they had plenty of shots to have the exact thing with Pride (there are so many fights that fans wanted to see), but that was never even officially talked about.

As far as unifying belts, I think that they should unify their own belts first. The only division that has an undisputed champ is LHW. Here's how it looks now.

HVY
UFC-Vacant (Big Nog/Sylvia)
Pride-Fedor Emelianenko

LHW
Undisputed-Rampage Jackson

MW
UFC-Anderson Silva
Pride-Dan Henderson

WW
UFC-Matt Serra
(A lot of guys have held it recently, they want to make it undisputed by giving all of those guys a shot again-GSP and Hughes)
Pride-Gomi (a lot of people say he can't make 55, so he may have to move up to unify a belt

LW
UFC-Sean Sherk (will face BJ Penn sometime soon)
Pride-Gomi (again, may have to move up to 70 instead of fighting at 55)

roadking95th
10/27/07 11:42:34PM
The only way the UFC would cross promote is if another org. reached their level and then it would still be a big if for both companies. The UFC could only maintain or lose in the situation. If the UFC fighter won, so what. However if one or more loss, then the other org gains a tremondous amount of respect. This would take money, fans, and promotional power away from the UFC.
pv3Hpv3p
10/29/07 11:41:14AM

Posted by MondayNiteMauser

Cung Le would get smashed by any Chuck, Tito, and Rampage....in fact Cung Le would probably get beat by Frank Shamrock because of his lack of ground game.

Cung Le fightsa at 185... There's no reason for him to move up and fight those guys... Let's talk Le vs Franklin, Okami, or Grove... Those matchups are a little more on the level...

**** strikeforce they are all a bunch of has been or wanna-bes none of them could be sucessful in the UFC...

Very well put... You are a scholar and a gentleman
TheHood
10/29/07 8:15:39PM
Cung is currently 35 years old now, I think it's time for him to consider fight any of the top-notch fighter before come to his 40. I believe he'd be very regard ig he's not do so.

Just look at what happened to Ken shamrock, being smashed by tito 3 times with similar method, basically once you're old, you can't do jack in this game...

So I think Cung should have a try to put his hand on either tito, chuck or rampage even there's not much chance for him to win.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to see Cung's match with Frank soon (Anybody know that in fact Cung would fight a jap fighter before he's facing frank?)