Stretching and Matt Furey

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » MMA Training » Stretching and Matt Furey
Stickan
9/1/07 2:16:02PM
I've been researching and trying to come up with a decent dynamic stretching routine but i've found nothing that stands out. I'd like to use dynamic stretching for my whole body and add some static stretches for my hips.

Does anyone know of Matt Furey┬┤s work and if his videos and exercises are anything to watch?

I've downloaded a few Pavel Tsatsouline videos as well but they contain mostly static exercises.
Mithra
9/1/07 6:21:12PM
Google 'Dynamic Stretching" and you will almost certainly find more useful information than the stuff Furey puts out
Omega
9/1/07 6:38:02PM

Posted by Mithra

Google 'Dynamic Stretching" and you will almost certainly find more useful information than the stuff Furey puts out

I agree.
Svartorm
9/2/07 1:01:17AM
I've never seen any of Fureys stuff, but he has ads in Soldier of Fortune magazine. Soldier of Fortune also has ads for Andrew Scotts "Ninja Mind Control" casette tapes. Take that for what you will.
Stickan
9/2/07 1:41:48PM

Posted by Svartorm

I've never seen any of Fureys stuff, but he has ads in Soldier of Fortune magazine. Soldier of Fortune also has ads for Andrew Scotts "Ninja Mind Control" casette tapes. Take that for what you will.

hahaha doesn't sound too good then. I have of course already googled dynamic stretching but found nothing good.
fedorwins1
9/2/07 1:43:59PM

Posted by Svartorm

Ninja Mind Control works! I don't care what you all say!
Svartorm
9/2/07 3:36:55PM
According to the ad, if it worked I'd have already cut you a check for all the money I have, simply because you looked at me.
Chec22
9/2/07 7:57:43PM
I got Matt Furey's Combat Conditioning course through a family member and the workout is actually pretty good. It has quite a few variations on push-ups and squats and a few other excersizes plus stretching. Its based on a guy named Gama, an Indian wrestler a long while ago. I love the excersizes, and if you care to he has a weekly workout schedule in there. Now while the ninja mind control is rather hokey, this is something to at least research and see if it works for you.
Svartorm
9/3/07 1:01:01AM
Ah, the Great Gama.

A bit of history on him.