Street Fighter IV

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Street Fighter IV
gartface
2/17/09 9:18:08PM
*drool*

Picked it up today, it's incredible...I haven't been this hyped/happy for a game in a really long time.
Ordep
2/17/09 9:52:42PM

lame, official release date here in Puerto Rico it's tomorrow. I already paid for it so I'll pick it up in the afternoon. I feel like a child on X-mas eve right now
fizzle
2/17/09 10:49:07PM
Picked it up today. Seth is pretty cheap on Very Hard... haven't see what hes like on Hardest.... don't really want to see Great game though
gartface
2/18/09 2:42:03AM

Posted by fizzle

Picked it up today. Seth is pretty cheap on Very Hard... haven't see what hes like on Hardest.... don't really want to see Great game though

The teleportation **** on the second/third round with him is ridiculous...
fizzle
2/18/09 11:40:32AM

Posted by gartface

Posted by fizzle

Yeah but the part that burns me more than anything is that he has all the "throw" moves of Abel Zanguif and El Fuerte so every time you think you're about to beat him 2 out of 3 he just starts teleing and then unblockable throws you, or his special... that thing is too broken like how do you block/cancel it without having to already be leaping in the air at the time he casts it and hope you land on his other side
jiujitsufreak74
2/18/09 3:14:46PM

Posted by fizzle

Posted by gartface

Posted by fizzle

Yeah but the part that burns me more than anything is that he has all the "throw" moves of Abel Zanguif and El Fuerte so every time you think you're about to beat him 2 out of 3 he just starts teleing and then unblockable throws you, or his special... that thing is too broken like how do you block/cancel it without having to already be leaping in the air at the time he casts it and hope you land on his other side

what really pisses me off is his arms like Dalshim. he always gets me right after i attempt to counter him and it pisses me the f*ck off because like you guys said you can't get too close without him throwing you.
Ordep
2/18/09 6:41:57PM
got it, awesome

I can see Rufus becoming the new "online Kilik" (from SC4) of the web-spammers Easy to deal with them, but it's a turn-off finding those kind of people to fight online
gartface
2/19/09 7:59:49AM

Posted by Ordep

got it, awesome

I can see Rufus becoming the new "online Kilik" (from SC4) of the web-spammers Easy to deal with them, but it's a turn-off finding those kind of people to fight online

I haven't really run into anyone online who hasn't played with a shoto fighter, or Sagat(who is easily the easiest person in the game to play with).
Ordep
2/19/09 11:05:53AM

Posted by gartface

Posted by Ordep

got it, awesome

I haven't really run into anyone online who hasn't played with a shoto fighter, or Sagat(who is easily the easiest person in the game to play with).

I meant based on his spec. moves. I haven't played online yet, but most of the people currently playing should be long time fans of the series so they know what they're doing, but after a couple of months when some Joes pick the games it will become a trend.
king_katool
2/20/09 9:40:45PM
any of you guys play on ps3 add me my PSN is my username here
gartface
2/21/09 12:01:35AM
Xbox live tag: Gartface

Come get some flash kicks
Ordep
4/18/09 1:21:10PM
2 months since its release....
This is what you get online until you reach 2500-3000 BP and start finding more variety of users...
I've only found only about 7 or 10 Chun Li users besides me

no offense for the decent shoto players, but like 80% of them are just easy wins for like 6-10 BP, lame.... they follow this ...

Jackelope
4/19/09 12:04:05PM
So far I'm undefeated online in this game besides one match where I had horrible lag. I've only played about 20 matches, though. Apparently you guys are going to hate me for this- I play Sagat. I didn't realize people thought down of Sagat players, though I'm a huge Muay Thai fan in real life, and I love how Sagat epitomizes the MT fighter persona.

Ordep
4/19/09 12:58:01PM
Nah, Sagat's fine if you use it decently. I just hate people that stand in a corner Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, .... you dont learn anything playing against them and they're easy wins for 1-2 points. It's freaking Sagat, one of the strongest player in the game, move freaking forward!!!
gartface
4/19/09 1:17:17PM
I wish my xbox wasn't broken. But I dominate Ken, Sagat, and Zangief. I use Bison. Easy as hell to keep the distance and still do damage.
Jackelope
4/19/09 2:22:25PM

Posted by Ordep

Nah, Sagat's fine if you use it decently. I just hate people that stand in a corner Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, .... you dont learn anything playing against them and they're easy wins for 1-2 points. It's freaking Sagat, one of the strongest player in the game, move freaking forward!!!

Wow, I can't believe people would play with him like that. That is probably the weakest way to play with him. I am always on the offense with him and even Seth seems to have problems with an offensive Sagat. I find that if you're offensive with Sagat, there are very, very, very few characters in the game that can actually stand in the pocket with him. Abel and Zangief being two just because of their ridiculous slams.

It seems to me that everyone I fight is a Ken player
Ordep
4/19/09 3:01:15PM

Posted by gartface

I wish my xbox wasn't broken. But I dominate Ken, Sagat, and Zangief. I use Bison. Easy as hell to keep the distance and still do damage.

hehehe, I do the same for Ken and Sagat fireball spammers, just head stomping them until they decide to do something different. So lame that they keep throwing them and sometimes never realize how to block the stomp.
Jackelope
4/19/09 6:59:12PM
Okay I take back my undefeated streak on Street fighter IV online. I got my ass handed to me by about 6 or 7 dudes today when I logged on.
gartface
4/20/09 9:34:32AM

Posted by Ordep

Posted by gartface

hehehe, I do the same for Ken and Sagat fireball spammers, just head stomping them until they decide to do something different. So lame that they keep throwing them and sometimes never realize how to block the stomp.

Haha I love when people think that turtling will block everything. I head stomp until they realize to stop throwing hadoukens and then I'll use the glowing hand(don't know the actual move name) and dominate them. My only quarrel is the fact that Ken and Ryu's jump kick, no matter if they start off throwing it, or throw it mid-air gets priority no matter what over the head stomp.