Streaking lightweight T.J. Grant signs new four-fight deal with UFC

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Streaking lightweight T.J. Grant signs new four-fight deal with UFC
Budgellism
10/26/12 10:35:05AM
Riding a three-fight win streak since dropping to lightweight, T.J. Grant has a new deal with the UFC.

The Canadian fighter has re-upped with the UFC for four more fights. Grant announced the news on his Facebook and Twitter accounts.

Grant (19-5 MMA, 6-3 UFC) is coming off a "Fight of the Night" decision win over Evan Dunham at UFC 152 this past month.

LINK
airkerma
10/26/12 11:08:16AM
Streaking lightweight? Put some clothes on you freak!

I like this move by the UFC, he definitely had a slow start, but is now really coming into his own. Firstly, his ground game has developed far beyond the one dimensional wrestler he started as. His transitions and submissions attempts and defense have become more fluid and more dominant. On top of that, he actually outstruck Evan Dunham which completely blew my mind. I went from thinking he was just some dude with a funny brow/forehead to an excellent fighter who may soon be able to touch some of the top 10.
Budgellism
10/26/12 12:42:49PM
Grant has really found his way at LW. He's on a nice looking win streak right now. I'm interested to see who they match him up with next. I think the winner of Bocek and Rafael dos Anjos would be good.
shaneTpain
10/26/12 4:40:37PM
TJ always delivers. Glad to hear he's making some money