Strawberries and cream? more like strawberries and death!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » MMA Training » Strawberries and cream? more like strawberries and death!
hunterlcs92
11/6/07 5:35:38PM
I bought protein poweder the other day. I just can't down the shit. The smell and taste just sicken me. How do you guys suggest making it taste better?
fedorwins1
11/6/07 5:48:48PM
Man up.

Seriously, there's no secret to making a protein shake taste great. They all pretty much taste like crap.
Believe-in-judo81
11/6/07 6:55:10PM

Whiskey.
But in all seriousness, Fedorwins is right, they all taste far from good. You just have to man up and drink 'em. Or just not use the things, up to you.
Mastodon2
11/6/07 6:56:15PM
Air mail it to me, I love the taste of Protein shakes, espescially Vanilla ones!
fedorwins1
11/6/07 7:02:36PM

Posted by Mastodon2

Air mail it to me, I love the taste of Protein shakes, espescially Vanilla ones!

*throws up in mouth*
hunterlcs92
11/6/07 7:19:03PM

Posted by Mastodon2

ok tough guy
do you also eat nails for breakfast?

kidding....but seriously
jdubs
11/6/07 8:25:39PM
mixing in a blender helps ALOT. u can add stuff like banana, honey, ice cream, etc............ if u want a good tasting drink go with muscle milk next time
ko-kbo130
11/6/07 8:33:45PM
designer whey is pretty good imo, and jdubs is right uses a blender and mix in some ice cream or something
hunterlcs92
11/6/07 8:39:54PM
my brother said mixing it with apple cider works nice. anyone try that?
Rush
11/6/07 10:36:00PM
You're not the only one. I can only drink the strawberry flavours.

On a slightly related topic, when I ran a marathon last month I grabbed a vanilla energy gel. Oh God, I thought I was eating pure cake icing. bleh!

I can suggest

a) mixing it with juice. The only con with that is that you are taking in more sugar. Ultimately, water is the best.

b) try another brand. Different brands taste different and you will get used to them as well.

c) drink it fast. I find that it tastes worse if I sip it and let it sit. (note that I drink mine at work after my workout, but mixing it in a coffee mug-- I don't drink coffee so I have to use the mug for something)
madmarck
11/7/07 3:02:30PM
sometimes you just get a shit shake. You gotta find the perfect brand for yourself and the perfect flavour.

I got mad when my brand went out of business.
So now im on this other one that wont mix with water at all any good. It made me sick when i try it.
So now when i go to the gym at school i cant bring milk (itll go bad) b/c i spend several hours of the day there and dont workout till the afternoon.
SO i have been resorted to mixing it with Coffee. Its actually not so bad.
jdubs
11/7/07 7:12:29PM

Posted by madmarck

sometimes you just get a shit shake. You gotta find the perfect brand for yourself and the perfect flavour.

So now im on this other one that wont mix with water at all any good. It made me sick when i try it.
So now when i go to the gym at school i cant bring milk (itll go bad) b/c i spend several hours of the day there and dont workout till the afternoon.
SO i have been resorted to mixing it with Coffee. Its actually not so bad.

wow, my eyes got big when i read the coffee thing, i have never heard anyone doing that before.....
bayonetxwork
11/7/07 8:32:23PM

Posted by fedorwins1

Man up.

Seriously, there's no secret to making a protein shake taste great. They all pretty much taste like crap.

I disagree. Go buy the BSN Syntha-Six protein powder in chocolate. It tastes/smells like cake mix, and its amazing, by far the best supplement I've used. Add 2 scoops, cup of milk, good bit of crushed ice, and a banana and blend it. So good.
fedorwins1
11/8/07 3:35:35PM

Posted by bayonetxwork

Posted by fedorwins1

Man up.

I disagree. Go buy the BSN Syntha-Six protein powder in chocolate. It tastes/smells like cake mix, and its amazing, by far the best supplement I've used. Add 2 scoops, cup of milk, good bit of crushed ice, and a banana and blend it. So good.

Well if you want to spend $1,000 on supplements, then yeah I guess you can find one or two not so bad ones.

I don't even stake protein shakes anymore, IMO they don't do too much for me at all and they have so much crap in them like Splenda.
Rush
11/8/07 6:25:05PM

Posted by madmarck

Was it strawberry flavour whey more?
bayonetxwork
11/8/07 7:03:59PM
Oh yeah, Don Vito from Viva La Bam just put his protein powder into his beer...
hunterlcs92
11/8/07 7:20:00PM
AHAHA i remember that. musta been good
Salty
11/8/07 10:58:39PM
so i signed up at a new gym today, i still train at my MMA gym but needed a place to lift and do cardio. and a Planet Fitness opened up literally 3min from my house last thursday so i went in and got the black card membership $20 a month no sign up fee and $30 annual fee in june... and with the membership i get 50% off all the cooler drinks which includes protein shakes, got a muscle milk for $2! awesome, never had one before its pretty tasty.
madmarck
11/9/07 7:12:02AM

Posted by Rush

Posted by madmarck

Was it strawberry flavour whey more?

Nope it was a vanilla one i used to get at Cosco. I liked it because you could mix it with water and not die. Was dec with water, and pretty good wiht milk.
Rush
11/9/07 9:12:32AM
Oh, I just thought I would ask because Strawberry (or rather banana berry)Whey more was the one I used to buy (good brand and tasted good with water alone), but they took it off the market due to the fact that it wasn't a popular flavour. You can still get the Chocolate, vanilla and plain flavours still.
casey64
11/13/07 5:18:29PM
ha this is hilarious last night me and my sister were working out and afterwords i take some creatine powder.So my sister says she wants to give it a try i warn her its nasty but she wants to try it any way.so i give her some and she nearly gagged lol.I had to drink it for her.
lance70301
11/19/07 10:26:57AM
EAS, Muscletech, and Xyience In my opion are three of the better tasting proteins on the market. Mixing strawberries and banannas can also add flavor. Hope this helped