If you were stranded on a desert island...

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » If you were stranded on a desert island...
emfleek
8/25/11 10:43:23AM
...and could have 3 albums/CDs with you, what would they be?*

* We'll go ahead and assume you have an iPod, Discman, etc. with only these 3 albums or CD's loaded or in your possession.
emfleek
8/25/11 10:55:32AM

- This album is an absolute gem with many memories attached to it. It's BY FAR the best of the 'Unplugged' series and, as far as I'm concerned, a shoe-in for one of the top albums of all-time. SAMPLE IT HERE

- Again, a gem with many memories associated. My buddies and I ran this tape (yes, tape) into the ground on Spring Break during my senior year in high school. We took my buddy's mom's car to South Carolina and it had a cassette deck...no CD player. Along the way, we decided to stop and purchase a couple cassette tapes to listen to. This was one and the other was "Licensed to Ill" by the Beastie Boys. 'Odelay' is solid as can be from top to bottom and is far and away Beck's best album. SAMPLE IT HERE

- I almost feel as though this one requires no explanation. If you're a fan of music, you know about David Byrne and the Talking Heads. Words can't express the excitement and pleasure I get from listening to these guys. For my "upbeat" and "dance" music, this album is my "go to" source. Solid gold. SAMPLE IT HERE
Hendo67
8/25/11 11:02:24AM

Poor_Franklin
8/25/11 11:14:08AM
when i first read the title, i was still very sleepy & thought it was setting up the age-old question "if you were stranded on a deserted island.....which 3 mma fighters would you take with you?"....... ANYWAYS

i chose 2 double discs to cheat in some more songs & 2 soundtracks to add for more variety
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1 Photo Attachment 2 Photo Attachment 3
emfleek
8/25/11 11:15:49AM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

i chose 2 double discs to cheat in some more songs & 2 soundtracks to add for more variety

Good call on the Pulp Fiction Soundtrack. My favorite soundtrack to date.
Poor_Franklin
8/25/11 11:17:34AM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Good call on the Pulp Fiction Soundtrack. My favorite soundtrack to date.

Tarantino's taste in music is amazing. his soundtrack's put his movies on a whole other level
kingsmasher
8/25/11 11:23:58AM
Introduction To Survival Skills
The Outdoor Survival Book Ray Mears
Audio Books...;)
Aether
8/25/11 11:26:55AM
Stevie Wonder - Songs in the Key of Life
At the Drive-In - Relationship of Command
Pearl Jam - Vs.

I didn't include "best of" albums, because I feel like it makes the decision way too easy. I wouls take the beatles anthology and a stevie wonder "greatest hits" album if I were counting compilation CDs. I think Movie Soundtracks are fine though, and the Forrest Gump Soundtrack is awesome.
Twenty20Dollars
8/25/11 11:29:55AM
I rarely like a full album, so a little hard to choose. Or have a full album on my itunes.

Mumford & Sons
The Killers, Hot Fuss album
Paramore, Brand New Eyes album

almost went with the other The Killers album in Sam's Town.
Theoutlaw08
8/25/11 11:29:59AM

5150 by Van Halen

Sci-fi Crimes by Chevelle

Best of Both Worlds by Van Halen
prophecy033
8/25/11 11:39:56AM
Are You Experienced- Jimi Hendrix

Continuum- John Meyer

Third Eye Blind- Third Eye Blind
Image Attachment(s):
cowcatcher
8/25/11 11:50:56AM

spikerman19
8/25/11 12:27:31PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Tool- Undertow
Tool- Anema
Queen- Greatest hits 1&2, I would slip the second disc in with the first.
spikerman19
8/25/11 12:31:37PM
cowcatcher- sorry, didnt mean to quote you,
cowcatcher
8/25/11 12:46:55PM

Posted by spikerman19

cowcatcher- sorry, didnt mean to quote you,

You'll receive the bill in 5-7 business days.
shaneTpain
8/25/11 12:48:01PM
wish i could take these artists whole discography but..
the strokes - is this it
wu tang clan - 36 chambers
arcade fire - funeral

Image Attachment(s):
FastKnockout
8/25/11 2:14:30PM

KungFuMaster
8/25/11 3:35:00PM
* Kung Fu searches for batteries - darn it, he has no batteries and chucks the i-pod into the ocean along with Dream Theatre's Images and Words, Pink Floyd's The Wall, and Gypsy Kings' Greatest Hits. After saying goodbye to technology, Kung Fu immediately begins to cut down trees to build himself a shelter while other stranded fellows lay on the beach listening to their i-pods. *
emfleek
8/25/11 3:39:31PM

Posted by KungFuMaster

After saying goodbye to technology, Kung Fu immediately begins to cut down trees to build himself a shelter while other stranded fellows lay on the beach listening to their i-pods. *

You've been voted off the island for having a saw. Only iPods and CD Players were allowed.

Theoutlaw08
8/25/11 3:43:24PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by KungFuMaster

After saying goodbye to technology, Kung Fu immediately begins to cut down trees to build himself a shelter while other stranded fellows lay on the beach listening to their i-pods. *

You've been voted off the island for having a saw. Only iPods and CD Players were allowed.

Nice.
Twenty20Dollars
8/25/11 3:51:45PM
funny, cast away was on FX this morning
emfleek
8/25/11 3:52:56PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

funny, cast away was on FX this morning

Very underrated movie.

Pookie
8/25/11 4:06:11PM
KungFuMaster
8/25/11 4:21:27PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by KungFuMaster

Kung Fu quickly builds a raft and sails on to safety while the remaining and stranded crew slowly regress to barbaric behaviors in which Fleek ultimately kills Outlaw for contesting his leadership.
Chael_Sonnen
8/25/11 5:37:17PM
Guns N' Roses
Appetite for Destruction

The Boss
Born in the U.S.A.

AC/DC
Back in Black
kopower
8/25/11 6:31:24PM

Ordep
8/25/11 8:30:56PM