Who can stop Andreson Silva @ 185

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Who can stop Andreson Silva @ 185
Next Page »
chickmagnet
3/2/08 1:12:17PM
Who can stop ths man? Hendo was the worst possible matchup for him and look what happened, I thought Hendo would give him a much tougher time, the only guys I can think of who have a chance is Denis Kang, Paulo Filho, or if some top level Muay Thai striker came into the UFC other than that there are no threats.

Also I think Anderson Silva would destroy Rampage with punches, kicks, and knees.

MFOTHER
3/2/08 1:14:02PM
no one.
nickcuc547
3/2/08 1:16:55PM

Posted by MFOTHER

no one.

absolutely, the guy is unstoppable at 185. i thought hendo was the only guy who could do it and i was dead wrong.
Kpro
3/2/08 1:18:30PM
I'd like to see him face Akiyama.
tuvok500
3/2/08 1:19:26PM
GSP !!

MFOTHER
3/2/08 1:20:30PM
not @ 185......@ 170????? wow i would pay alot to see that fight
seanfu
3/2/08 2:07:25PM
Don't talk about a Rampage fight disrespecting him like that. The guy cuts at least 20 pounds he's from Punishment, he would desecrate Silva. Don't say that.
gartface
3/2/08 2:26:56PM

Posted by chickmagnet

Who can stop ths man? Hendo was the worst possible matchup for him and look what happened, I thought Hendo would give him a much tougher time, the only guys I can think of who have a chance is Denis Kang, Paulo Filho, or if some top level Muay Thai striker came into the UFC other than that there are no threats.

Also I think Anderson Silva would destroy Rampage with punches, kicks, and knees.

Doesn't Anderson train with Paulo Filho? And anyways Filho is going up to 205 after his rematch against Chael Sonnen.
I would say Dennis Kang but he got KTFO by Akiyama.
I don't really think right now he's beatable at 185, except if say Wanderlei dropped to 185.
mkiv9secsupra
3/2/08 2:28:56PM
The worst possible opponent would be a K1 level counterstriker that is 6'2'' or taller to nullify his reach. Mirko, Liddell, Shogun(maybe), and Forrest imo could test his chin either TKO him or win the unanimous decision over him at 205.

And Anderson has not beaten everyone yet.....Yushin should be next in line.
gsquat
3/2/08 3:02:35PM
No matter who Silva fights he'll be the huge favorite for a long time now. Don't get it in your head that he's invincible because he's not. There are some middleweights that may pose a threat to him. We just need to see them up against eachother. Here they are in no particular order.

(Keep in mind if A. Silva fought any of these people, I'd still pick Silva)

Michael Bisping: The self proclaimed "man to stop Silva" may have the GNP ability to get Anderson in what has been shown as his only possible weakness in the octagon.

Demian Maia: If he's the jujitsu wizard people say he is, he's got a good chance at making it to Silva. He just needs to hope his jujitsu is better.

Yushin Okami: The guy does have a W against Silva... granted it was via DQ but not a lot of people can say that. Besides, he was holding his own in their fight. Okami is becoming one of my favorite fighters and I'd cheer him on if they threw down.

Georges St. Pierre: I know he's a WW but theres been more and more buzz about this fight becoming a reality. If Anderson keeps up his ways I think it will be. St. Pierre might be the only person who can match Silva's pound for pound skill in the UFC. I'm sure the winner would give us a clear PFP best in the octagon.

Thats really about it for now... for me anyway. We'll see what the future holds for the MW division.
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
3/2/08 3:03:50PM
no1 can. the only thing left to do is erase losses from the record. Yushin okami would get knocked out again. luiz azeredo, ryo chonan are both much smaller then anderson now and would get destroyed. daiju takase would get anihilated. Ofcourse the only realistic fight that would happen would be yushin okami. I honestly think rampage would get KTFO by anderson. Anderson has a granite jaw and hits as hard as any light heavy weight out there. He would destroy rampage similar to shogun and wandy. The rear naked choke was set up because dan was so rocked by combinations. If it lasted any longer dan would of got TKO'd , no doubt about it.
cmill21
3/2/08 3:12:41PM
I think Dan could beat him if he kept going for takedowns. I don't think Dan was rocked to the point that he was going to be TKO'd but he looked tired, which is what I figured since he hasn't fought at 185 in a while. I'd like to see Hendo vs winner of Franklin Lutter then see anderson fight Okami, and then if Hendo beats franklin/lutter he should get another shot, getting accustomed to the weight cutting again would help alot IMO.
CactusBob
3/2/08 3:36:44PM

Posted by chickmagnet

Who can stop ths man?

A bad night...

We've seen Silva beat the best in the world, at 185 and above. Silva just beat a man dominently in a fight that as far as I can tell had the MMA community split down the middle. No one can step to this man, no one has the chin to withstand 25 minutes in the ring, even if only a fraction is spent on the feet. All this was proven Saturday night. It will take something extraordinary to topple his reign...
bls1919
3/2/08 3:51:26PM
Anderson Silva has been dominant in his reign atop the 185 division. He is definatly the best in the world in that weight class, and IMO the best P4P fighter in the world. He will be champion for a very long time
keith-hackney1
3/2/08 3:57:48PM
The question should be ... who are the ufc gonna bring in to challenge silva as of right now, no one in that division is of any type of match against this unstoppable guy !!!!!!!!

I would love to see silva vs machida, that would be andersons first loss in the ufc if you ask me ... !!!!!!!
moob
3/2/08 4:22:33PM

Posted by gsquat

Michael Bisping: The self proclaimed "man to stop Silva" may have the GNP ability to get Anderson in what has been shown as his only possible weakness in the octagon.

It was the newspaper that stated he would be the 'man to stop Silva' not Bisping, so that's hardly self-proclamation is it?

(There's no way he could at the moment and for the foreseeable future anyway)
slick781
3/2/08 4:42:21PM
I would look forward to a Henderson rematch, actually.
pmeout
3/2/08 4:54:42PM
I think Jardine will beat Wandy by decision. After that I think Wandy will drop to 185.He fought at 199 in Pride and has never been a large light heavy. He will be a menace in the MW division. Also Hendo probably wins 1/2 the time w/ Anderson. That fight could have gone either way. If he doesn't tap who knows how the next round goes. If you pay attention to the fight Dan made a huge mistake in the final scramble on the ground. When he went for that wild strike Silva saw his opportunity and took it. So know one should get to carried away thinking Anderson is invincible. The gap between abilities is minor.
prozacnation1978
3/2/08 5:39:39PM
no one will right now, no one at all period!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NatedawgThaM
3/2/08 6:43:57PM
Yushin Okami or Matt Lindland is the MW divisions only hope and I still don't think either of them have the chin even though they have the wrestling and the submission defense to pull it out.

Anderson proved last night he would kill GSP. Dan has a ten times better chin then GSP and he still got rocked, if that was GSP he would have been put to sleep. If Dan can't beat him with wrestling, GSP sure won't IMO.

Rampage is the only man that can beat him IMO. Just because he has the strength and power to do so and has great submission defense,

Rampage vs Anderson Silva IMO could be the greatest fight of all time.
tap_or_snap
3/2/08 7:15:12PM
INMO Hendo, Lindland and GSP and on a lesser note Okami and Fitch are the only realistic threats currently active in the sport capable of making the weight who threaten anderson via decison.

In regard to submission, well id really like to see jacare inside the ufc. Also dean lister and maia are prospects too. all three however would get molested on the feet so in all likelyhood no spider squahers there.

As for striking theres nobody out their currently in the sport who could best anderson in that department, to do that you would need a k1 level striker, somthing very few and far between, at lest in mma anyway. Guys saying Denis kang no bloody way thats an easy ko for anderson, akiyama no way again another easy ko.

I thought it was ironic how joe kept saying how hendo was the best possible matchup for anderson when actually that would fall to the guy in his corner, matt lindland. That guy has the wrestling and the submission defence to control anderson to a unanimous decision and he doesnt have this stupid obcession with trying to knock out way better strikers that dan does.

As far as im concerned i think dan would of won last night if he wasnt so obcessed with that right hand of his, the only thing it should of been used for was to set up the clinch takedown.

Anderson really should of only had 5 chances to win last night, dan should of come out at the start of every round, circled a bit then thrown a big shot and clinched straight away or just shot in right in off the bat, from their it should of been gnp city for the rest of the round.

The only reason anderson transitioned to dans back was because he dropped dan first, infact thats the only way you would see anderson in dans guard let alone on his back and all because hendo loves his right hand.

Watching dan in the pre fight build up running all this bs about other people being afraid to stand with anderson and how he was going to knock him out blah blah blah worried me about his chances but i really hoped that that was just a ploy and he was going to greco anderson to the mat quick and gnp him to a unanimous decision or maybe even a late tko.

As it happened dan lost another fight he should of won because he cant seem to get it through his thick head that he cant stand with guys even close to andersons calibur on the feet.

As a result he deserved what he got.

jomatty
3/2/08 7:32:48PM
too bad lindland cant get signed as that would be another great fight...as for who can test him now, im not sure, but nate marquadt probably has the best shot other than a rematch with hendo but anderson has already worked both of them so who knows...
tap_or_snap
3/2/08 7:41:31PM

Posted by jomatty

too bad lindland cant get signed as that would be another great fight...as for who can test him now, im not sure, but nate marquadt probably has the best shot other than a rematch with hendo but anderson has already worked both of them so who knows...

who knows dana was really banking on hendo winning, maybe even he will be able to put his ego aside on that one??

warglory
3/2/08 7:45:08PM
I really want to see Yushin Okami next. The man has definitely paid his dues in the org to get where he is at. He has lost a few, but he is the new #2 in the UFC at middleweight IMO.
tap_or_snap
3/2/08 7:46:52PM

Posted by warglory

I really want to see Yushin Okami next. The man has definitely paid his dues in the org to get where he is at. He has lost a few, but he is the new #2 in the UFC at middleweight IMO.

I definetly agree with that, give that guy his dues.
iwannabesedated
3/2/08 8:11:43PM
Id have to say Okami...And after that Maybe Almeida if he gets another win...Or Lutter and Marquadt if they can string together some wins.I dunno i dont think it matters.I dont think there is a style that could dominate him..Hes Beaten guys who like to strike in Franklin and Leben...Lutter a JJ guy Dan a wrestler...So i guess ill never catch myself saying oh his style is bad for Anderson...
Ordep
3/2/08 8:27:50PM

Okami, Almeida, Filho ...... there are still names under Zuffa that can fight Anderson so I don't know why people comment on weight changes and all that. Also Maia would submit Anderson quickly >>>IF he can make the takedown.
mrliquid
3/2/08 8:28:08PM
Yushin would probably be next in line but everytime I bet against Silva he shocks me and wins I bet against him in both the Rich rematch and the Hendo fight I dont think GSP would do well against him at all, I personally wouldnt mind seeing a Hendo rematch or Silva vs Almeida I know it wont happen anytime soon but I think he is a very talented fighter a black belt in BJJ nice leg kicks and he is a big guy at 185.
fedorwins1
3/2/08 8:50:37PM
Maia, just wait and see
jocksmall
3/2/08 8:54:22PM

Posted by chickmagnet

ill have to agree that he would be a big favorite at 185 against anyone. i guess lindland is the obvios choice to be the biggest challenge. i disagree that he would "destroy rampage" you are taking a solid point and streching it too far. rampage has a big strength advantage . anderson would be an underdog at 205.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4