stomach/sides/ribs tougheingi

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » MMA Training » stomach/sides/ribs tougheingi
danny81
11/2/07 5:37:09PM
how should you go about doing this? im guessing itup type excercises and side bend type excercises and dropping med ball on the abs obliques and sides, but what about the ribs? and is this correct?
natedogstyles
11/2/07 8:38:17PM
If there is no muscle covering it I don't think you can do anything about it. I could be wrong though. Hey, you could drink lots of milk!
www.theathletesite.com
loonytnt
11/2/07 10:31:18PM
do a lot of sit ups and that will help
danny81
11/2/07 10:51:11PM
what about the ribs? and my sides are very weak to punches. mayby dropping the med bal on them?
jgordon85
11/2/07 11:20:05PM
you have to lay down under a tree while someone is on a high branch dropping coca-nuts onto your stomach.
Jackelope
11/4/07 3:04:34PM
In an old kung fu style class I took we used to palm strike each other to the ribs at about 1/4 power for a good couple minutes. Many of those southern china kung fu styles believe in hardening the bones through punishment. I'm not sure if it really ever worked for the ribs, but I know it did for forearms.
jgordon85
11/5/07 11:41:26PM

Posted by Jackelope

In an old kung fu style class I took we used to palm strike each other to the ribs at about 1/4 power for a good couple minutes. Many of those southern china kung fu styles believe in hardening the bones through punishment. I'm not sure if it really ever worked for the ribs, but I know it did for forearms.

the hardening of the bones works for the elbows and knees for sure. but the ribs are questionable sinceh some of them are cartilage. i dont know what to tell you. block or suck it up. its only a word mouth just remember.
dP
11/12/07 11:33:08PM
Not sure if this is what you're talking about but its a good ab workout none the less....enjoy

Serratus Crunch
Bug
11/18/07 2:31:16PM
taking light hits to any section will reduce the pain eventually, take really light hits at first and gradually build up the force, the ribs can be toughened to the point where breaking is the only pain so drink lots of milk

p.s. its also good to do sit ups on an excercise ball for full range of motion and to use stabilizer muscles
11/18/07 6:37:20PM
if you can condition you shinsso tyou can't feel them, you could probably do the same to your ribs.