Stickied Spoiler List (RE: Spoilers)

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » Stickied Spoiler List (RE: Spoilers)
POLL: Would this solve this apparent issue?
Great idea 68% (13)
Bad idea 32% (6)
Kpro
6/22/08 5:18:52PM
Sticky a thread that is constantly updated FOR EVERY EVENT letting US posters know the exact time in each of our timezones that we can post news about each event without it spoiling the tv times for users that we have no clue when it airs in their hemisphere.

I think this would be a great way to make thousands of this sites users want to avoid the message boards altogether but lets at least put it up for vote since the current forum rule is too vaguely written to be enforced, and multiple news threads are being hi-jacked by spoiler complaints.
xposipx
6/22/08 5:21:51PM
Sounds like a solution. Great idea.
holt8081
6/22/08 7:57:31PM
Im not shure if you can solve this problem
Kpro
6/22/08 8:04:20PM

Posted by holt8081

Im not shure if you can solve this problem

I'm not trying to... I'm trying to show how outlandish and asinine it is to label something a spoiler days after it is over and the steps that would have to be put in place if this is something the Mod(s?) is(are?) that serious about.

When I can't watch a DREAM card for a day or two I expect to see the results somewhere if I go on an MMA forum, and if it means that much to me that I want it to be a surprise, I avoid these type of sites.

I don't see the point in raising a fuss and ruining good MMA discussion especially with no rule in place specifying what is or isn't a spoiler in terms of time elapsed.

Raykill
6/23/08 1:00:02AM
Good idea, it might work. But there will always be someone out there that still won’t be happy with the solution.
Not trying to be negative, but you know it’s true. Just can’t make everyone happy even when using logic.
Kracker_Jap
6/23/08 1:58:25AM
Isn't that pretty much how sherdog works it??

If they can fix we can, that place is a zoo of Idiots compared to us
TequilaMan2000
6/23/08 2:03:17AM

Posted by Kracker_Jap

Dude... that place was so bad I finally snapped and left forever...I swear there are more trolls there than actual posters...

Kracker_Jap
6/23/08 3:19:02AM

Posted by TequilaMan2000

Posted by Kracker_Jap

Dude... that place was so bad I finally snapped and left forever...I swear there are more trolls there than actual posters...

I agree I will never post there again either but from what I remember didn't they have a set way of dealing with spoilers??
CornishMMA
6/23/08 7:30:39AM
OMFG i cannot believe ppl think its a great idea ............. did you actually read and comprehend all of that and what it would take to work?

ummm wow, Kpro you should have used the sarcasm smiley