when will stevenson return?? and who will he fight??

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » when will stevenson return?? and who will he fight??
prozacnation1978
3/13/08 12:35:27PM
i see joe stevenson fighting in july or aug,
leaning more toward aug, i don't know who he would fight him vs tyson griffin would be good, but knowing that forrest and tyson are in the same camp, and each event has teammates fighting on the same card i see tyson fighting in july. anyone with any news or even rumours??
disorderlyvision
3/13/08 1:46:14PM
isnt big daddy gary goodridge? joe stevenson is joe daddy stevenson. not big daddy
Rush
3/13/08 1:51:50PM

Posted by disorderlyvision

isnt big daddy gary goodridge? joe stevenson is joe daddy stevenson. not big daddy

Yes, you are correct.

gartface
3/13/08 3:37:04PM
I got excited for crucifix elbows...and as let down.
whardin19
3/13/08 5:48:17PM
Joe Stevenson vs. Tyson Griffin would be a great fight! I would defenitally want to see it. But after the loss that Stevenson suffered to the hands of BJ I can't really see them putting him in this tough of a matchup. They might give him a lower grade opponent to get him back on track.
saemskin
3/13/08 5:56:33PM
Tyson Griffen just got beat by Frankie Edgar did he not? So the winner of Edgar v Maynard would be in line to fight Joe Daddy would they not?
nickcuc547
3/13/08 6:16:12PM
hopefully he will get a big name, a huerta, edgar or florian type.
xchickox
3/13/08 7:58:28PM
i think he should either fight the loser of the lauzon vs florian fight, the winner of maynard vs edgar or the winner of tavares vs wiman
bls1919
3/13/08 11:19:22PM
All of these fights would be great
Stevenson vs Huerta
Stevenson vs Guida
Stevenson vs Clementi
Franklinfan47
3/13/08 11:23:39PM
I was hoping he was going to fight Hermes Franca when he got back, but doesnt look like thats going to happen now.
saemskin
3/14/08 8:03:09AM
Why cant there just be a card every weekend!
Maybe not all the divisions could support that much activity, but LW and LHW certainly would.
xchickox
3/14/08 8:55:34AM

Posted by saemskin

Maybe not all the divisions could support that much activity, but LW and LHW certainly would.

because it would ruin the ufc as not enough people will want to watch it that often, if you watch all the different mma events (elite xc, strikeforce, cage rage, dream etc) there is usually one event each week anyway
CornishMMA
3/14/08 1:25:29PM

Posted by saemskin

Tyson Griffen just got beat by Frankie Edgar did he not? So the winner of Edgar v Maynard would be in line to fight Joe Daddy would they not?

If "just" means over 13 months ago, then yes

But that fight does make the most sense, hard to get a real contender to fight the winner of Sherk/BJ sometime around September tbh

Winner of Florian/Lauzon - Tyson - Huerta - these 3 all deserve title shots i think. So unless they can make Tyson Huerta or have Daddy fight one of them by Early June then i dont see an easy LW contender being made - unless they just give it to Florian/Lauzon?
saemskin
3/14/08 9:46:23PM

Posted by xchickox

Posted by saemskin

because it would ruin the ufc as not enough people will want to watch it that often, if you watch all the different mma events (elite xc, strikeforce, cage rage, dream etc) there is usually one event each week anyway

That is probably true, but if I have no way of seeing it, then it doesnt count toward my ultimate happiness. The only thing I can see is UFC and WEC. One 39.95 event a month is enough.
Mayhem13
3/14/08 11:15:26PM
he will be back in July and will face Mac Danzig
NatedawgThaM
3/14/08 11:21:43PM
I think he will face Nate Diaz if he beats Kurt P., but if he does not, I say him fighting probably Clay Guida if he wins April 1st or the Kenflo-JaLo loser.
saemskin
3/15/08 12:03:24PM

Posted by Mayhem13

he will be back in July and will face Mac Danzig

I feel sorry for Mac Danzig then. I seriously doubt he will be able to keep up with Stevensons pace if that's the case. Danzig needs some more fights before he get's to this level. Top 5 fight?! Are you sure about this? Where did you read this info?

Danzig should fight Nate Diaz first, I think that could be a great fight, THEN the winner goes on to fight Joe-Daddy, but not now. I don't think anyone would say he could pull that one off, no way.