Steven Seagal Reportedly Banned From Jon Jones' Locker Room Before UFC 135

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Steven Seagal Reportedly Banned From Jon Jones' Locker Room Before UFC 135
FastKnockout
9/27/11 12:25:00AM
Steven Seagal just won't go away. It was pretty humorous when Seagal, with 100% seriousness, took credit for teaching Black House members Anderson Silva and Lyoto Machida the front kicks that saw them defeat Vitor Belfort and Randy Couture respectively. I guess he thought he would take some of his wisdom over to another superstar, UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones, before UFC 135. But Fighters Only reports that Seagal got shot down:

"He was wondering if he could come and talk to me backstage before the fight, just give me some words of encouragement. I didn't think that would be a good idea," Jones revealed.

"My training staff works very hard on me. I'm their prodigy. I wouldn't want to disrespect them by welcoming someone else's master into our room, into our house, into our family."

LINK
DeadHead988
9/27/11 12:51:58AM
Steven Seagal doesn't even seem to be aware that he's a complete joke, which makes it even funnier.
Chael_Sonnen
9/27/11 1:55:58AM

Posted by DeadHead988

Steven Seagal doesn't even seem to be aware that he's a complete joke, which makes it even funnier.

Yeah, Comedy Central needs to do a comedic roast on this guy
gartface
9/27/11 9:05:14AM

Posted by DeadHead988

It definitely seems like a joke at first, but when I start to think about it, he has ridiculous credentials. I also, have never trained with him like Anderson and the guys at Black House, so I have no idea what he's capable of teaching. His movies are a joke, but his martial arts credentials appear to be the exact opposite.

With that said, I think that Jones made the right choice because you do run the risk of alienating your current coaching staff.
airkerma
9/27/11 9:15:27AM

Posted by gartface

Posted by DeadHead988

His movies are a joke

You take that back right this second!
kingsmasher
9/27/11 9:25:32AM
Thing is I bet Machida and Silva think his movies are real true stories...

Did anyone see the interview with Ariel Helwani and Seagal after the Jon Jones fight...its hilarious this guy actually buys into his own BS...
emfleek
9/27/11 9:27:36AM

Posted by kingsmasher

Kugel
9/27/11 9:45:31AM
His movies are documentaries. It has been said that he told close friends that he doesn't do MMA because, and I quote "It just wouldn't be fun if the same person held every belt in every weight class in the UFC."
grappler0000
9/27/11 10:34:55AM

Posted by Kugel

His movies are documentaries. It has been said that he told close friends that he doesn't do MMA because, and I quote "It just wouldn't be fun if the same person held every belt in every weight class in the UFC."

Since Super HW isn't currently in the UFC, I guess he'd only own one belt.
Pskinner_mma314
9/27/11 10:51:27AM
Steven Seagal fights seals

think this pretty much sums it up
Dberntson
9/27/11 11:36:17AM
Maybe they could arrange a Rampage vs. Seagal fight. They could set it up as a MMA star turned actor vs an actor turned MMA star.

Now if we were talking Jean Claude Van Damme, then we all would have to put the joking aside. I've seen Blood Sport.
Bubbles
9/27/11 1:25:36PM

Posted by kingsmasher

i expected this to come from Chael_Sonnen
FlashyG
9/27/11 1:34:46PM
He also claimed he was "Impervious to Chokes" while filming Under Siege.

One of the stuntmen on the movie Gene Lebell (a Judo Black Belt) disagreed and offered to show Seagal just how wrong he was.

Movie execs were left a little worried when their star was lying unconscious on the floor just a few seconds later.
emfleek
9/27/11 1:37:04PM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by kingsmasher

I highly doubt he was being serious.
kingsmasher
9/27/11 2:57:07PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by kingsmasher

I highly doubt he was being serious.

he wasnt..

machodog76
9/27/11 3:35:35PM
He is a legit black belt, an arrogant overweight, delusional, black belt but a black belt none the less.
mrsmiley
9/27/11 5:37:59PM

Posted by FlashyG

He also claimed he was "Impervious to Chokes" while filming Under Siege.

One of the stuntmen on the movie Gene Lebell (a Judo Black Belt) disagreed and offered to show Seagal just how wrong he was.

Movie execs were left a little worried when their star was lying unconscious on the floor just a few seconds later.

Steven Quadros had a scuffle with him as well.
Dberntson
9/27/11 5:49:07PM
If Lyota fights Phil Davis at UFC 140, maybe we can see Mr. Seagal cageside again real soon. I wonder what other techniques / moves Seagal will teach "the Dragon" so that he can showcase them to the entire MMA fanbase. I just cant wait. Or maybe Dana can do us all a favor and ban him from cornering fights. Could we be so lucky.
Pookie
9/27/11 6:23:01PM

He then went on to say that Rampage had been under siege all night because Jones was out for justice. But he added that no one was above the law because the octagon was on deadly ground, and sometimes when you're marked for death, you just have to make an executive decision.
KungFuMaster
9/27/11 6:25:49PM
Seagal is awesome. Check out some of his training clips and you will see why he is awesome. Although the clips may have been choreographed, he moves with precision and fluidity which is difficult to do even under staged conditions.

prozacnation1978
9/27/11 8:09:47PM
I saw steven seagal at the event, can't believe how fat he got
He had a roy nelson beer gut!!
bjj1605
9/28/11 1:17:40AM
More and more I am finding Jon Jones irritating and cocky.

This guy is full of himself and buying up every bit of his own hype. Everyone falls eventually. Even if that isn't until 10 years from now, I will be waiting to cheer on the man that topples him.

He kind of reminds me of Tom Brady. What he says in official interviews sounds very humble, but also very staged. You get the sense that there is a very different person under the surface. The kinda that comes out in a UFC title fight doing a bear crawl perhaps?
telnights
9/28/11 1:39:44AM
I met Seagal at an event about 10 years ago maybe more and I can say he came off as a complete jerk. He was very rude to almost everyone and almost got his ass kicked by a buddy of mine (Navy Seal) that was there with me. The reason why is we were sitting one table away and he said to one of his buddy's that he eats navy seals for breakfast and used some not very good words to describe them. Mind you this was a military type event and he was only there to promote his movie at that time which escapes me.