Steven Seagal is the "Poor Man's.........

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Steven Seagal is the "Poor Man's.........
CantAndleDaRiddum
8/26/08 1:19:49AM
Steven Seagal is the "Poor Man's" Chuck Norris

have any of you guys ever heard this or heard at least heard the poor man's comparison?

if so, where the hell did it come from?

do poor people ahve bad taste so they like steven seagal?
does seagal use less $ in production?

im totally baffled by the origin of this saying & am hoping someone knows what it means

for what its worth......

If Steven Seagal is the "Poor Man's" Chuck Norris, is Chuck Norris the "White Man's" Bruce Lee?
jiujitsufreak74
8/26/08 1:49:22AM
well the saying comes from the fact that the richer people have nicer things than the poorer people. for instance, the VCR is the poor man's TiVo. since the poor man cannot afford TiVo, they settle for the less useful VCR which serves a similar purpose.
CantAndleDaRiddum
8/26/08 2:00:49AM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

well the saying comes from the fact that the richer people have nicer things than the poorer people. for instance, the VCR is the poor man's TiVo. since the poor man cannot afford TiVo, they settle for the less useful VCR which serves a similar purpose.

so its an insult to seagal i assume?
jiujitsufreak74
8/26/08 2:08:00AM

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

so its an insult to seagal i assume?

yeah. pretty much saying he is a second rate Chuck Norris
MMAcca
8/26/08 2:45:52AM
Surely it should be the other way around. Seagal has had much more mainstream success than Chuck Norris
CantAndleDaRiddum
8/26/08 3:10:37AM

Posted by MMAcca

Surely it should be the other way around. Seagal has had much more mainstream success than Chuck Norris

oh i didnt mean to say thats the truth lol

buddy of mine said that so i used the same example
Rush
8/26/08 7:41:02AM
I never heard of that expression in terms of Seagal.
D0wnUnd6e6r
8/26/08 7:43:45AM
are we actually being serious here? People actually see acting talents in norris or seagal???
Rush
8/26/08 10:23:24AM

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

are we actually being serious here? People actually see acting talents in norris or seagal???

I don't anyone actually said that here. Honestly, when I say I like some of Seagal's older films it has nothing to do with his acting, yet for some reason his acting seems to be the first thing people comment on, which in turn I find funny because I find many people focus on actors and not acting.

I like the fight choreography in Seagal's films. Nothing more.
StevenSeagal
8/26/08 11:28:31AM
Why dont you all get off my case?!?!
bullettdodger
8/26/08 11:30:53AM

Posted by Rush

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

I don't anyone actually said that here. Honestly, when I say I like some of Seagal's older films it has nothing to do with his acting, yet for some reason his acting seems to be the first thing people comment on, which in turn I find funny because I find many people focus on actors and not acting.

I like the fight choreography in Seagal's films. Nothing more.

Yeah i like the use of stunt legs when there are kicking sequences, and the angles of shots in both Seagal and Norris's film work are done so well that you can't even tell these stunt people are doing all the work. I think Seagal is better cause even though they're crappy (i love em) he is still making movies, Norris is nursing what little hair he has left. Also, the fact that in one movie (Into the Sun i think it was called) Seagal speaks perfect japanese whenever he is talking to a male/yakuza or someone he is trying to get information from. But when Steven tries to talk to his sweet sweet japanese lady, hes all a flutter and speaks broken english to her... It really is the little things that make a movie...... why was there no poll (even though i see a landslide potential for Don King)
emfleek
8/26/08 11:37:17AM
Steven Seagal and Chuck Norris should never be used in the same sentence. Chuck would kick you in the face if he knew about this thread.

..and chances are, he DOES know about this thread.

CantAndleDaRiddum
8/26/08 1:20:25PM

Posted by emfleek

Steven Seagal and Chuck Norris should never be used in the same sentence. Chuck would kick you in the face if he knew about this thread.

me & Chuck are cool......he was gonna roundhouse me once bc i doubted him so instead of kicking me to my most sure death, he made me get a tat on the inside of my left foot saying "chuck norris forever"......now everytime i see it im reminded of him & what part of his foot he wouldve used to send me to hell

its a lil outta focus but u get the idea

edit: pic didnt post, too buig hurry to fix i'll try later
seanfu
8/26/08 2:34:43PM
Goofy bastards.
casey64
8/26/08 2:45:03PM

Posted by emfleek

me & Chuck are cool......he was gonna roundhouse me once bc i doubted him so instead of kicking me to my most sure death, he made me get a tat on the inside of my left foot saying "chuck norris forever"......now everytime i see it im reminded of him & what part of his foot he wouldve used to send me to hell

I bet the pic didnt post.
Rush
8/26/08 3:04:27PM

Posted by bullettdodger

Yeah i like the use of stunt legs when there are kicking sequences, and the angles of shots in both Seagal and Norris's film work are done so well that you can't even tell these stunt people are doing all the work. I think Seagal is better cause even though they're crappy (i love em) he is still making movies, Norris is nursing what little hair he has left. Also, the fact that in one movie (Into the Sun i think it was called) Seagal speaks perfect japanese whenever he is talking to a male/yakuza or someone he is trying to get information from. But when Steven tries to talk to his sweet sweet japanese lady, hes all a flutter and speaks broken english to her... It really is the little things that make a movie...... why was there no poll (even though i see a landslide potential for Don King)

Actually the reason why many of the thugs look so good is because they are students of Seagal. For example, you will probably see this guy in most of Seagal's earlier movies, Haruo Matsuoka (see pic). This guy takes irimi nage like there is no tomorrow.

Seagal doesn't have a bona fide high rank in aikido. I've heard he was rapidly promoted for popularizing aikido in the movies (i.e. politics). However, his aikido is very interesting given his size.

I am less fond of Segal's newer movies. The one's I have watched have little or no aikido in therm, so I am not really interested.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
SpiderSilva
8/26/08 5:51:38PM
Steven Seagal is great here is some of his work after his early films and before his newer films how can you say he is not a great actor? ? ?

If you haven't seen any of them you will love them

One True Impact with Seagal AND Van Damme.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juP1RNE8Vqc&feature=related

or when Seagal did stand up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHzkNyyI9_4&feature=related

or when he was making Kung Fu the movie starring Steven Seagal

"All I want to do is walk the stupid path of peace but your forcing me walk the path of peices"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTi0A3BF0i4&feature=related

or Crouching cop hidden badges

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEkfnrUI5Z8&feature=related

Steven Seagals LetterBox 2000

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d82j_Qfp_VA&feature=related

Steven Seagal's America

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXx3_ykUpfY&feature=related

Steven Seagal meets the Dalai Lama

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bup2ffVKBb8&feature=related
iwannabesedated
8/26/08 6:02:02PM
Steven Seagal as the cock puncher in the Onion Movie..was better than anything Chuck Norris has ever done.It is some funny shit Actually one of the only funny things in that movie.

Oh and Hard to Kill wil always be a favorite movie of mine...Mason Storm owns.
CantAndleDaRiddum
8/26/08 11:32:22PM

Posted by casey64

Posted by emfleek

I bet the pic didnt post.

Dumb Tattoos Thread