Steven Seagal Interview Snippets

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Steven Seagal Interview Snippets
lohmann
6/19/12 12:31:10AM
An interview with Steven Seagal seems more novelty than news, but he said some things that might create discussion.

First, on the difference between Sonnen vs. Silva I and the upcoming rematch:

"Chael last time had an extremely unfair advantage. Because, you know, that whole deal with I don't know what it's called, steroids, or whatever, performance-enhancing drugs or whatever. ... I think this time, probably he'll be a little more careful with that, and I think that will even the playing field. Let's just say this, I think this time, they're both going to be at their best. I don't think there's going to be any controversy, I don't think there's going to be any injuries. I think two great fighters are going to go out there and have it out, and I think my guy's going to win. My guy's going to win handily this time."

Second, Steven Seagal voiced his opinion that, despite the matchup that happened at UFC 140, Lyoto Machida may be a better fighter than current UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Jon Jones. Some of his reasoning behind such a claim includes:

"I respect every fighter that goes out to the Octagon, I don't think (Jones') punches or kicks landed well. Do I think he punches or kicks well? No, not at all, and that's just my opinion. He's a very big guy, he's like a heavyweight. He's 6-4, very athletic and very strong. Is he a better fighter than Lyoto? No. Not even close. But that doesn't mean he can't win."

Full Article
infestructure
6/19/12 1:45:23AM
Sorry Steven, even though I indulge in one of your B grade action movies every now again (guilty pleasure), I don't like your "holier than thou' attitude. Even if you are a master sensei worthy of the utmost respect, you should be modest about it. That is one true mark of a master.

And Lyoto did outstrike Jon Jones, before he got choked unconscious, so Lyoto may be a better STRIKER, but not a better fighter. Love to see the rematch though.

Sorry, rant over.
FlashyG
6/19/12 2:03:54AM

Posted by infestructure

Sorry Steven, even though I indulge in one of your B grade action movies every now again (guilty pleasure), I don't like your "holier than thou' attitude. Even if you are a master sensei worthy of the utmost respect, you should be modest about it. That is one true mark of a master.

And Lyoto did outstrike Jon Jones, before he got choked unconscious, so Lyoto may be a better STRIKER, but not a better fighter. Love to see the rematch though.

Sorry, rant over.

Steven Segal doesn't count chokes though, since he's impervious to them....just ask Gene Lebell

I wouldn't even say Lyoto was the better striker vs Jones he was just the first to make Jones seem human. He was slightly better in the first round but he was outhit 16-5 in the 2nd before getting choked out.
BigBadAl
6/19/12 4:34:52AM

Posted by FlashyG

Posted by infestructure

Sorry, rant over.

Steven Segal doesn't count chokes though, since he's impervious to them....just ask Gene Lebell

Boo_Radley21
6/19/12 1:22:22PM
Dana should do Seagal vs Toney
mrsmiley
6/19/12 2:02:13PM

Posted by FlashyG

Posted by infestructure

Sorry, rant over.

I wouldn't even say Lyoto was the better striker vs Jones he was just the first to make Jones seem human. He was slightly better in the first round but he was outhit 16-5 in the 2nd before getting choked out.

I once heard Stephen Quadros had a combat encounter with him as well.
He said a lot of not so nice things about him as well.
Chael_Sonnen
6/19/12 2:17:06PM
Apparently, he's working for Andee now.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Wallass
6/19/12 4:09:15PM
Lol I listened to this today and Seagal claimed he was never choked by Gene although we know it happened. Lol oh Steven, so funny for all the wrong reasons.