Steve Steinbeiss Moves From WEC To UFC

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Steve Steinbeiss Moves From WEC To UFC
DCRage
11/29/08 8:00:50AM
Steve Steinbeiss has become the latest of the "bigger" WEC fighters to make the move from the to-be-defunct WEC Light Heavyweight division to UFC. He'll fight out the remainder of his WEC deal in UFC, which currently means he has 3 fights left on his original 4-fight deal. His only WEC fight to date was a split decision loss to Carmelo Marrero at WEC 36.

Article
ncordless
11/29/08 1:12:13PM
It is hard to see the cutting of Sokoudjou and bringing in of Steinbeiss as a good thing.
ohiostate1016
11/29/08 5:25:03PM
I really don't think that he'll do much, but I'm not the one signing the checks.
MMAcca
11/29/08 5:30:20PM

Posted by ncordless

It is hard to see the cutting of Sokoudjou and bringing in of Steinbeiss as a good thing.

Good point. I agree
EvenFlow
11/29/08 7:25:54PM

Posted by ncordless

Because Soko had his shots and blew them like I knew he would, I disagree with the cut of Soko but imo if Soko must go to let others in, lets make room for UFC newcomers and see what they can do.

The reason for this is simple... fresh meat in the octagon and or change. Not saying Steve wins or loses in the UFC but a change regardless.