Stepping down as Moderator

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » Stepping down as Moderator
Svartorm
10/8/08 11:25:30PM
Dear Playground,

After a year of moderating on this site, I have decided to step down. It was a fun experience overall, and I'm glad I was able to help out in keeping the forums productive, and keeping cheaters from stealing our prizes out from under us. I've interacted with a lot of you guys from my work here, made quite a few friends, and have learned a ton about the fight game from talking with and analysis peoples picks here.

Overall though, this is a very thankless job, and a lot of people don't realize exactly how much uncompensated work everyone puts into this place to keep it running as smoothly as possible. While we have a good group of regulars here, there are far too many self-entitled folks who come on here and think they run the place, complaining about mistreatment and censorship with an utter lack of respect for those that actually contribute to this place and put this site into existence. It might be a bizarre concept for some people, but this site is the property of someone, and that someone pays to keep this place online, and allows you to come here to play their game and use their forums. If more of you looked at this place as private property and treated it and the people who reside here accordingly, the Playground would be much better off in the long run.

It would also be nice to see the members who actually DO care about this site to take a more active roll in keeping it the way you guys like it, as our forums and league won't stay great without everyone doing their part by making sure those that just come here to ruin it aren't given the opportunity.

I will still be on the site, as I enjoy posting, playing and helping folks out in the Training Forums, and my mailbox has and always will be open to people with questions about fighting, the site, and self-defense. Any forum, moderation or cheating/game issues need to be sent to one of the Moderators listed at the bottom of the Forum page.

Take care and best of luck to you all.

-Shawn