Stephan Bonnar ready to erase memory of Mark Coleman loss, would happily fight Tito Ortiz

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Stephan Bonnar ready to erase memory of Mark Coleman loss, would happily fight Tito Ortiz
emfleek
7/29/09 4:28:54PM
We've all heard the rumors of Tito Ortiz's possible return to the UFC.

UFC light heavyweight Stephan Bonnar has heard them, too.

Bonnar, who recently dropped a unanimous decision to Mark Coleman at UFC 100, today told MMAjunkie.com Radio (www.mmajunkie.com/radio) he doesn't have an upcoming fight scheduled, but he's certainly willing to head the welcome wagon for "The Huntington Beach Bad Boy's" potential return to the octagon.

STORY
UFCmma666
7/29/09 4:32:32PM
i would watch that fight probably on a FN though
ncordless
7/29/09 4:34:59PM
If he couldn't handle the GnP of Coleman, he won't handle Ortiz.
emfleek
7/29/09 4:40:27PM

Posted by ncordless

If he couldn't handle the GnP of Coleman, he won't handle Ortiz.

My thoughts exactly. Tito would humiliate Bonnar, IMO.
Twenty20Dollars
7/29/09 4:49:56PM
Prolly not the best idea for Bonnar, considering his track record with wrestlers and ground n pound guys.

I'd like to see him stand and brawl with someone.
Khaos
7/29/09 4:53:07PM
Sorry for Bonnar, but if he lost to Coleman, he'd get finished by Tito, who hasn't finished a fight since Ken Shamrock.
Jesse_Canadian_MMA
7/29/09 5:37:41PM
Ortiz would win, gnp against the cage 1st rd
scobac
7/29/09 5:48:38PM
why would he waste his breath calling out a wrestler? A wrestler w/ arguably the most feard ground and pound of all time, It's almost like he has taken a likeing to not winning.
joshryanshepherd
7/29/09 5:57:39PM
im loving the Ortiz respect guys! keep it up
Aaronno9
7/29/09 7:04:15PM
Bonnar is one of the only guys in the division I think Tito would have an easy time with at this point. Its just a bad bad match up for him. He should be shooting for guys who are going to give him a brawl, so even if he looses he'll get kept on just for making good fights.

I wouldnt mind seeing Cantwell vs Bonnar at some point. Would be a fun fight.
prozacnation1978
7/29/09 7:18:08PM
bonner just can't wait to get cut by the ufc

would be nice bonner vs ortiz in cali in oct, could happen
Irish_Pride
7/29/09 8:09:47PM
Man, this is just a horrible matchup for Bonnar. Tito would take him down and pound on him to either finish the fight by TKO or just pound him for all 3 rounds. Bonnar needs to fight a guy who will stand and fight with him, thats his best shot at winning fights.