Stephan Bonnar Vs Jon Jones @ UFC 94

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Stephan Bonnar Vs Jon Jones @ UFC 94
EvenFlow
11/28/08 9:19:08AM
Link

The only info I saw was at ufc.com
kris_ericson
11/28/08 11:34:05AM
BJ Penn is going to lose again
Im looking forward to Lyoto Machida vs. Thiago Silva
and
Stephan Bonnar is going to win
higdon10
11/28/08 11:56:30AM
I like Jon Jones in this one. He is for real.
Twenty20Dollars
11/28/08 12:37:59PM
This should be an interesting fight.
haggiswashere
11/28/08 12:39:58PM
jon jones looks like the guy from mma lives son. the one with the sources from everywhere.......
gsquat
11/28/08 1:44:28PM
Not sure who I'll pick in this fight, but I am excited to see Bonnar back in action. I think he's still got a bright future ahead of him. We'll probably see Bonnar/Griffin 3 sometime after Rashad beats Forrest.
cmb19932
11/28/08 2:13:10PM
or we will se bonnar rashad 1 as rashads rebound fight after forrest subs evans
Wolfenstein
11/28/08 2:37:03PM
Jon Jones is still green, and while it was cool he was attempting all sorts of unorthodox strikes, none of them were done with any technical prowess. I'm not buying into the hype.

Stephan is a vet and his all around game is a lot tighter at this stage. I fully expect Bonnar to give Jones a rude and belated welcome to the UFC.
Franklinfan47
11/28/08 3:40:48PM

Posted by cmb19932

or we will se bonnar rashad 1 as rashads rebound fight after forrest subs evans

Bonnar and Rashad 2 I think you mean
cmb19932
11/28/08 3:53:27PM
ya i hit the wrong button
mrkennedy
11/28/08 7:37:16PM
jones suprised me by beating gusmao because i was looking fowrard to see gusmao debut in the ufc but bonnar is to much for jones
jae_1833
11/28/08 8:20:08PM
Wow...it's great to see Stephan back!! Althouhg I think it's only a matter of time before he drops to MW.
EvenFlow
11/28/08 8:20:53PM

Posted by kris_ericson

BJ Penn is going to lose again
Im looking forward to Lyoto Machida vs. Thiago Silva
and
Stephan Bonnar is going to win

And once again WW champion of the world....B....J....Penn
copcopps
11/28/08 9:07:19PM
My pick, Stephan by Who music
Bobby-B-Bonkers
11/29/08 2:09:43AM

Posted by jae_1833

Wow...it's great to see Stephan back!! Althouhg I think it's only a matter of time before he drops to MW.

I'd agree if I could believe that he can make it to MW. I think he's too big. But you could be right.
MMAcca
11/29/08 3:10:46PM

Posted by Bobby-B-Bonkers

Posted by jae_1833

I'd agree if I could believe that he can make it to MW. I think he's too big. But you could be right.

No way can i see Bonnar at MW.

Kracker_Jap
11/29/08 4:13:05PM
Bonner is still on the roster and they cut Soko....

I don't get that..

Soko must have been heavily over paid
MMAcca
11/29/08 4:24:35PM

Posted by Kracker_Jap

I don't get that..

Bonnar always comes prepared and is dedicated though. Soko (imo) isn't/doesn't
Wolfenstein
11/29/08 6:03:52PM

Posted by Kracker_Jap

I don't get that..

He was making 40K to show 40K to win. There have been rumors that there was an attempt at renegotiating his contract, but either way he was cut in the end. In my opinion Stephan is a contender. He's taken the current champ (Forrest to a decision twice) lost a close split with Rashad Evans(at least on the judge's cards), beat James Irvin, Keith Jardine, and Erik Schafer. I think he has every right to be in the UFC.
EvenFlow
11/29/08 7:34:56PM

Posted by Wolfenstein

Posted by Kracker_Jap

I don't get that..

He was making 40K to show 40K to win. There have been rumors that there was an attempt at renegotiating his contract, but either way he was cut in the end. In my opinion Stephan is a contender. He's taken the current champ (Forrest to a decision twice) lost a close split with Rashad Evans(at least on the judge's cards), beat James Irvin, Keith Jardine, and Erik Schafer. I think he has every right to be in the UFC.

hes right kracka, even tho bonnar might not ever get deep in contention he belongs there more so than soko does now, hey....they shouldve fought, that woulda been good
lochie
11/30/08 3:47:45AM

Posted by EvenFlow

Posted by Wolfenstein

Posted by Kracker_Jap

I don't get that..

hes right kracka, even tho bonnar might not ever get deep in contention he belongs there more so than soko does now, hey....they shouldve fought, that woulda been good

YUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
copcopps
11/30/08 2:37:59PM

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by Kracker_Jap

I don't get that..

Bonnar always comes prepared and is dedicated though. Soko (imo) isn't/doesn't

That and Bonnar has a winning record
jae_1833
11/30/08 2:43:09PM

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by Bobby-B-Bonkers

Posted by jae_1833

No way can i see Bonnar at MW.

True, you all caught me....I forgot how tall he is. Bonnar is like 6'4", he could not make it to MW without looking like a string bean!
Mayhem13
11/30/08 11:59:12PM
this is gonna be a good one.

jones is flashy but still learning. and bonnar is a vet that will have to shake off some ring rust in this one.

too soon to call, but I may pick Jones, if he's a big underdog..
RedCloud
12/1/08 11:25:54AM
BJ Penn and Bonnar will have a very good day on UFC 94!
bls1919
12/1/08 7:35:46PM
Bonnar will outclass Jones in this one. I will go with Bonnar via TKO. late 2nd