Stephan Bonnar, Dave Herman Fail UFC 153 Drug Tests, Await Potential Suspensions

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Stephan Bonnar, Dave Herman Fail UFC 153 Drug Tests, Await Potential Suspensions
« Previous Page
FastKnockout
11/2/12 5:43:51PM

Posted by ThaAxeMurderer7

I'll just go out on a limb here and say Herman's days in the UFC are over. Three straight L's, a failed drug test and don't forget, he also pissed off DW not that long ago. I wouldn't be surprised to hear something very soon.

Two failed drug tests.
DancingDoll
11/2/12 5:43:57PM

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by prophecy033

Not rhe way i wanted Stephan going out. Sad really

As far as Herman goes, cut his ass. The dude is not UFC material

To be fair did you see the guys he's been fighting? I think they just did to him what they do to a lot of fighters, pick up a guy with a huge win streak and feed his momentum to fighters he's not ready for.

Totally agree. He's always been the obvious underdog in his fights.

Personally I find him an entertaining fighter and hope to see him stay in the UFC (post suspension) and face someone more on his level for his next bout.

Hopefully he doesn't get cut.
tallica62
11/2/12 5:46:54PM
When fighting Silva, steroids should be accepted
JLS1980
11/2/12 5:59:17PM

Posted by prophecy033

Proph I gotta agree with you it is sad that Bonnar went out like that. But he's retired who cares... Well probably a lot of people he did a lot for the sport and I kind of wouldn"t have minded a Forrest for retirement match.

And as for Peewee not being UFC material. I bet he beats half the HWs in the UFC. Dude they gave him Struve, Nelson and Big Nog. That's tough company.
BillsNewAccount
11/2/12 6:03:57PM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by postman

Posted by ghandikush

At least we know he gave it his all

LOL can't blame him. Thats 2 ppl caught tryin to get an edge on Anderson. I wonder who has the most failed test by an oppenet?

Cro Cop...and he beat Barnett 3x

8 of Silva's last 13 opponents have been popped for substance abuse. I'm pretty sure Silva wins.
Chael_Sonnen
11/2/12 6:19:00PM
Too much GTL for Stephan.......
Budgellism
11/2/12 7:25:26PM

Posted by prophecy033

Agreed on both accounts
prozacnation1978
11/2/12 8:16:56PM
Was bonnar second pop for roids
And Herman pretty much will be cut now.
I think bonnar knew he would get caught and decided to just retire
prophecy033
11/2/12 8:49:28PM

Posted by JLS1980

Posted by prophecy033

Proph I gotta agree with you it is sad that Bonnar went out like that. But he's retired who cares... Well probably a lot of people he did a lot for the sport and I kind of wouldn"t have minded a Forrest for retirement match.

And as for Peewee not being UFC material. I bet he beats half the HWs in the UFC. Dude they gave him Struve, Nelson and Big Nog. That's tough company.

Its not just his performances that im talking about, its his unprofessional immaturity. Dude keeps getting popped for weed. He needs to wake up....he's in the big show. He doesnt even realize he's blowing his chance
Tyzzler
11/2/12 9:46:49PM

Posted by Theoutlaw08

Sucks that Bonnar did that. Lost a bit of respect for a dude I had a lot of respect for. He's been such a fan favorite in this sport, it just sucks that he disrespects the sport so much to cheat.

Are you serious? I won't even touch on this one...Well n/m yeah I will. I'm sure Bonnar was thinking, "ya know what, f*ck this sport, it deserves no respect, what's a good way to spit in it's face? STEROIDS! there we go" Anabolics has nothing to do with "disrespecting a sport" any more than that post is "disrespecting mmaplayground.com"
Yeah steroids are wrong and should be banned, but just bc you get caught using them shouldn't get you demonized, it means that you love the sport and competing in it so bad you're willing to risk your career, liver, heart, and whole body to be successful at it.
prophecy033
11/2/12 10:07:40PM

Posted by Tyzzler

Posted by Theoutlaw08

Sucks that Bonnar did that. Lost a bit of respect for a dude I had a lot of respect for. He's been such a fan favorite in this sport, it just sucks that he disrespects the sport so much to cheat.

Are you serious? I won't even touch on this one...Well n/m yeah I will. I'm sure Bonnar was thinking, "ya know what, f*ck this sport, it deserves no respect, what's a good way to spit in it's face? STEROIDS! there we go" Anabolics has nothing to do with "disrespecting a sport" any more than that post is "disrespecting mmaplayground.com"
Yeah steroids are wrong and should be banned, but just bc you get caught using them shouldn't get you demonized, it means that you love the sport and competing in it so bad you're willing to risk your career, liver, heart, and whole body to be successful at it.

I feel that when guys take roids it not only disrespects the sport and your opponent but more importantly yourself. And your analogy is a little off. Outlaws post is more like the fighter that doesnt take roids that speaks out about it. A guy that creates a profile and purposely trolls the site is the fighter that takes the roids to get the advantage i.e. knowingly doing something wrong. And yes, these guys should feel some wrath, they knowingly took the easy route and took roids. Sure, they may love the sport as much as the next guy but that still doesnt mean its ok in my eye's
george112
11/2/12 10:24:45PM
Disappointed in bonnar
postman
11/3/12 9:09:30AM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

LOL he was super tan for that fight.
pmoney
11/3/12 10:18:04AM
This is quite unfortunate to hear. At first when I heard Bonnar retired and had his kid, I was happy he had the family and the broadcasting to help him move away from competition. But going out with a failed drug test on your last fight? That just sets a bad tone for the end of his career in my opinion. Now we get to wonder if he ever stopped juicing in the first place, as well as getting to wonder how commonplace steroids are in the UFC, and MMA overall.
postman
11/3/12 10:26:16AM

Posted by pmoney

Now we get to wonder if he ever stopped juicing in the first place, as well as getting to wonder how commonplace steroids are in the UFC, and MMA overall.

I'm telling you don't dwell on it too much. It happens all the time. He took the fight on short notice right? He wasn't done cycling simple as that. The title wasn't on the line a chance to fight Anderson was there and he took it. He had to have known he was going to get smashed anyways. Just be happy he stepped up and helped save the card.
kingsmasher
11/3/12 4:53:56PM

Posted by Biggavelli

Posted by postman

Posted by ghandikush

At least we know he gave it his all

LOL can't blame him. Thats 2 ppl caught tryin to get an edge on Anderson. I wonder who has the most failed test by an oppenet?

It's gonna take more then some roids to help someone beat Silva!

Yeah someone who can wrestle and has BJJ skills...Weidman
kingsmasher
11/3/12 4:56:25PM

Posted by postman

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

LOL he was super tan for that fight.

Exactly it had to been in the sun tan lotion
Pages: 1 [2]