Who will step in to face Gouveia@102

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Who will step in to face Gouveia@102
chickmagnet
8/5/09 1:09:43PM
Irvin has suffered another injury to take him out of his fight with Gouveia, I was already dissapointed that Hamill was injured and couldnt fight Vera, but I was really looking foward to the Irvin/Gouveia match-up.

But I think there are a few guys who would be willing to step in, Alan Belcher would be a great opponent, Denis Kang, or maybe even Sexyyama.

Since Hamill was pulled out of the fight with Vera, I was going to say move Irvin/Gouveia to the main card, but we will see what the UFC can do, to give Gouveia an exciting opponent.
KaibaThedon
8/5/09 2:02:34PM
Gouveia is a solid striker with very good submission skills. His last fight is a TKO strikes loss to Nate Marquardt at UFC95, and he beat Jason MacDonald before that at TUF8.

Possible Opponents:

Alan Belcher - Last fight Split Decision loss to Sexyama that some felt he won. I scored it 29-28 for Yoshihiro. (UFC100)

Dennis Kang - Last fight UD Win over Xavier Foupa-Pokam who is now cut from the UFC after getting KO'ed by Drew McFederies. (UFC97)

Dan Miller - Last fight UD Loss to Chael Sonnen @ UFC98. Signed a 4 fight contract with the UFC last year, and beat 2 guys by sub, 1 by unanimous and lost one fight. (only his second overall loss)

CB Dollaway - Got choked unconscious after his double leg got stuffed @ UFC100. Probably wants to get back in the ring and prove his worth.

joshryanshepherd
8/5/09 2:13:46PM
Wanderlei!
Mayhem13
8/5/09 2:20:29PM
I want to see him fight Miller or Belcher.
Violence108
8/5/09 3:02:59PM
Denis Kang, and move it to the main card
StorminYourman
8/5/09 3:15:42PM
you are all wong it is Ed Herman
Twenty20Dollars
8/5/09 3:27:07PM
Well I would say Drew Mcfedries but he is set to face Drwal.

Also Im guessing if Herman steps in to face Gouveia, ed's fight with simpson is off.

Either way Ed has a tough fight, Wilson or Simpson.
chickmagnet
8/5/09 4:10:33PM

Posted by StorminYourman

you are all wong it is Ed Herman

Nice...I thought about Herman being a possible opponent, but he had a fight sche.. Good news though
nickcuc547
8/5/09 6:26:35PM
herman will give him a fight, I actually think he will win. Ed does well against strikers, it's the submission masters that best him.
prozacnation1978
8/5/09 8:30:10PM
ed is a decent fight still man this card has taken alot of changes
i still think aaron simpson fights but my guess is a tom lawlor
Twenty20Dollars
8/5/09 9:01:50PM

Posted by nickcuc547

herman will give him a fight, I actually think he will win. Ed does well against strikers, it's the submission masters that best him.

Gouviea has a good ground game. He could sub herman.
SociopathX
8/6/09 1:17:37AM
michael bisping
Kpro
8/6/09 6:27:10AM
I figured it would be Sonnen or Herman since it's in Portland, and since Herman turned down the Miller fight forcing Sonnen to cut almost 30 pounds in 2 weeks (?), I guess it went to Ed. $20 says Sonnen and Herman had words about who gets this fight.