Stefan Struve Versus Stipe Miocic To Main Event UFC On Fuel 5 In Nottingham, England September On 29th

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Stefan Struve Versus Stipe Miocic To Main Event UFC On Fuel 5 In Nottingham, England September On 29th
MMAcca
6/15/12 4:40:03PM
Stefan Struve Versus Stipe Miocic To Main Event UFC's Return To The UK

Gareth A Davies has confirmed via his Twitter that Struve versus Miocic will headline the UFC's return to the UK.

UFC On Fuel 5 takes place in Nottingham, England on September 29th

LINK
MMAcca
6/15/12 4:43:37PM
WOW!

Dana really hates the UK nowadays.....

I have a friend who has just paid £250 GBP for two tickets. I feel bad for him now and am glad i didn't get any.
sparky
6/15/12 4:43:40PM
Its a good match up but not main event material.
MMAcca
6/15/12 4:45:45PM

Posted by sparky

Its a good match up but not main event material.

Agreed. I love the fight, but, wow.

I guess i'm just shocked is all.
pmoney
6/15/12 4:55:12PM
The only thing that is guaranteed in the UFC is that no stars will fight in England.

A close second is GSP defending his belt in Canada.
MMAcca
6/15/12 5:19:00PM
Card so far:

Stefan Struve Vs Stipe Miocic

Yves Jabouin Vs Brad Pickett

Akira Corassani Vs Andy Ogle

Cyril Diabate Vs Can't remember his name

Dan Hardy will likely co-main this too. Against, i was thinking Mike Pyle maybe ?
FastKnockout
6/15/12 5:30:39PM
Main event? No thanks.
airkerma
6/15/12 5:39:38PM

Posted by pmoney

The only thing that is guaranteed in the UFC is that no stars will fight in England.

A close second is GSP defending his belt in Canada.

umm hello, bisping vs leben? What else could you ask for?
Bubbles
6/15/12 5:59:03PM
I have no idea who to root for. These are 2 of my favourite HWs right now. The event is free so I'm not sure why you are complaining about this main event. Had this been a PPV then by all means, rip on it like this upcoming Brazil card.
DrivenDavies15
6/15/12 6:35:00PM
Sick fight, I don't even mind this as a main card as long as it has a decent main card to back it up. I think i'll pick Struve in this one.
prozacnation1978
6/15/12 6:43:01PM
No bisping no hardy

Good co main but not a main event

One of them will reach contender status
Gotta go with struve
Twenty20Dollars
6/15/12 7:08:15PM

Posted by Bubbles

I have no idea who to root for. These are 2 of my favourite HWs right now. The event is free so I'm not sure why you are complaining about this main event. Had this been a PPV then by all means, rip on it like this upcoming Brazil card.

Agreed. I was questioning it at first when I heard the match up as a main event, but just saw here that it is a Fuel card, so I'm not that suprised or upset.
BlueSkiesBurn
6/15/12 7:10:59PM
Yeah, what the hell is everyone complaining about? It seems like that's all MMA fans do these days. There's zilch wrong with this main event or this card. The USA has foreign fighters headline fights all the time here in the states and it's about time foreign countries got the same treatment. I realize the UFC isn't there as often, but get the hell over it. The NFL isn't there that often and they send whomever. Some cities/states would kill for any UFC event and people are bitching about getting one because it doesn't feature "their guys."

This is absolute a UFC on FUEL main event. Sanchez vs. Ellenberger, Gustafsson vs. Silva, Zombie vs. Poirer, and Munoz vs. Weidman have all been main events for FUEL cards and Miocic (undefeated HW) vs. Struve (always in or around the top) is hardly a crap main event.

BTW , this rant is aimed at the comments I've seen/heard all day from a variety of different places. It's not MMAPG specific.
Budgellism
6/15/12 7:34:29PM
I don't give Struve much of a chance, that might just be me. As far as the main event and the card go, I'd be a little upset if I was the guy that shelled out 400 bucks to go see it before this main event was announced (Mecca's friend) but the North American fans don't really have much to complain about. We get it free, the entire card. And honestly, I like the card. Out of the fights announced so far none of them seem like they'll be boring in the slightest.

Keep in mind there are still a lot of match ups to be announced.
hashyandy4
6/15/12 7:45:38PM

Posted by Budgellism

I don't give Struve much of a chance, that might just be me. As far as the main event and the card go, I'd be a little upset if I was the guy that shelled out 400 bucks to go see it before this main event was announced (Mecca's friend) but the North American fans don't really have much to complain about. We get it free, the entire card. And honestly, I like the card. Out of the fights announced so far none of them seem like they'll be boring in the slightest.

Keep in mind there are still a lot of match ups to be announced.

Well said Budge
ChrisSabal
6/15/12 7:45:45PM
like stated before I love this fight and it will show who is an up and coming heavyweight contender. I don't mind that this is the main event at all, as long as it is free I can't complain.
TeamDEY
6/15/12 9:03:08PM
is this a joke
Poor_Franklin
6/15/12 10:01:14PM
i thought the fights looked pretty solid. if i was there, i'd go
infestructure
6/15/12 10:48:58PM
Has Miocic's sub defence been tested enough yet? I think he will outbox anyone not called JDS, but he seems a little light on experience, and Struves subs are tight.
spang714
6/16/12 12:12:04AM
I think this will be a good fight, but definitely not a good main event....
Sir_Karl
6/16/12 12:31:40AM
At least it isn't a PPV.
KungFuMaster
6/16/12 1:06:18AM
I don't like this match up - mainly because I think Struve can lose. Well, anyone can lose no matter how good he is but Struve REALLY stands a good chance of losing this fight to Stipe Miocic who is possibly a future contender.

MMA-San
6/16/12 4:38:54AM

Posted by prozacnation1978

No bisping no hardy

Good co main but not a main event

One of them will reach contender status
Gotta go with struve

Now I realize you never retuirn to a post after you make a comment so you will never read this, and thus never reply, and thus even making this post is futile...but I would love to get your opinion on how everyone else is fudging your avatar...do you even notice?
Cooler
6/16/12 7:04:06PM
Yeah, they really hate the U.K. and this crappy main event is Exhibit A.