Stefan Struve Offered Fight With Junior Dos Santos For His Debut @ UFC 95

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Stefan Struve Offered Fight With Junior Dos Santos For His Debut @ UFC 95
MMAcca
12/22/08 2:20:38AM
Dutch heavyweight Stefan Struve has been offered a fight with Junior Dos Santos for his UFC debut, Fighters Only has learned.

A source close to the fight confirmed that Dos Santos has been offered to Struve, who will make his first appearance for the organisation at UFC 95.

However, the source added that Dos Santos was one of several potential opponents and that nothing has been confirmed as yet.

Speculation had been rife that Struve would face Neil Grove, the UK-based heavyweight who was signed within days of the Dutchman.

But Fighters Only was told on Friday that the two would definitely not be facing each other in their UFC debuts.

LINK
Wolfenstein
12/22/08 9:49:45AM
Great fight, I was wondering when we would see Dos Santos again. I thought for sure both fighters would recieve easy opponents to be built up. Doesn't appear to the case.

As long as Dos Santos keeps the fight standing he should take this one. If it hits the ground Stefan is very dangerous. In terms of training camp there's no contest. Dos Santos is training with the Noguiera brothers and I think has a lot more going for him at this point. Early KO by Junior.
sparky
12/22/08 11:12:07AM

Posted by Wolfenstein

Great fight, I was wondering when we would see Dos Santos again. I thought for sure both fighters would recieve easy opponents to be built up. Doesn't appear to the case.

As long as Dos Santos keeps the fight standing he should take this one. If it hits the ground Stefan is very dangerous. In terms of training camp there's no contest. Dos Santos is training with the Noguiera brothers and I think has a lot more going for him at this point. Early KO by Junior.

Completely agree I want to see Dos Santos again after what he did to Werdum.
Twenty20Dollars
12/22/08 11:43:39AM
Hopefully we see a finish either way.
higdon10
12/22/08 12:36:05PM
This will be a war. I hope this fight happens. Dos Santos 2nd round KO.
prozacnation1978
12/23/08 2:43:11AM
good fight but i am still not sold on dos santos yet
i really think i am picking stefan in this one i doubt it will be on main card