UFC 83: starnes vs quarry televised - clementi vs stout not

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » UFC 83: starnes vs quarry televised - clementi vs stout not
POLL: Which fight would you rather see televised at ufc 83?
Sam Stout vs Rich Clementi 53% (19)
Nate Quarry vs Kalib Starnes 47% (17)
ufc88
2/26/08 11:48:05PM
How many mma fans can actually say that they would rather watch starnes vs quarry televised than sam stout vs rich clementi.

stout vs clementi IMO is a muchhhhh better fight

what do you think
??
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
JoeySteel
2/27/08 12:15:22AM
I love Quarry. Man is a machine. He will be a top contender within a year. This is his year, UFC knows it. I hope SO MUCH that they show it.

I think Stout's fights are entertaining, that dude is f-ing TOUGH. I really like clementi.

As good as S vs C may be, I need to see my Quarry.
ChokeUout
2/27/08 12:43:20AM
I'm looking forward to Quarry and Starnes more, because I think We'll be more likely to see a finish in that fight.

However, I'd rather see Herman/Maia or MacDonald/Doerkson that either of the ones you mentioned

ufcboss
2/27/08 2:37:43AM
Hope we get a couple KO's and we will see nearly all of them.
Gipper
2/27/08 6:10:09AM
all 4 are great fighters. wtf.
CornishMMA
2/27/08 6:48:01AM
Yeah bud i can see where you are coming from, but really all 4 fighters are around the same level in the rankings of their divisions

And those guys have better TUF names, everyone loves Nate Quarry, and most people like Starnes after his horrible cut, do like that fight better, but only just
mrliquid
2/27/08 8:57:44AM
I like Quarry asmuch as the next fan but I really want to see Clementi fight Stout Rich looked awsome in his last fight he was trading with Melvin "The Thug" Guilard and looked awsome on the ground and Stout was ripped in his last fight and definately wasnt afraid to trade blows I think it would be an awsome fight to see so hopefully they fit in both.
Mhunt1140
2/27/08 3:20:31PM
I wouldn't mind seeing either fight honestly. Everyone loves Nate Quarry and now Starnes because of that nasty cut but Rich did look amazing his last fight. In my opinion he looked the best of his career and Stout won't be afraid to bang so that will be an exciting fight. Either way I don't think they will disappoint.
emfleek
2/27/08 3:34:45PM
Awww man...no love for Clementi?

CactusBob
2/27/08 3:59:18PM
Quarry is closer to a title shot simply due to a lacking MW division, makes more sense to market him strongly.
xchickox
2/27/08 4:41:06PM
i'd rather see the stout vs clementi fight just because clementi looked a lot better in his fight with guillard, and stout is always exciting and he's getting better and better
Nightmare27
2/29/08 4:07:15AM
Nate Quarry always has entertaining fights, whether he wins or loses. Its just a matter of whether or not Starnes is going to stand in the pocket and throw with him. If I were him I would try to take Quarry to the ground. I met him at the Pan Ams last year, I believe he's a black belt.
cowcatcher
2/29/08 10:00:06AM

Posted by emfleek

i get it.......i dont like clementi at all and i think stout will win a one sided match so id much rather see quarry and starnes. quarry is hugely popular with the TUF fans despite not really having any huge wins on his resume(sell twice, shonie, and mcfedries being the biggest), and i find myself cheering for him when he fights for no apparent reason that i can think of, hes just a likeable, well mannered guy. i do like watching stout fightt but not against clementi, hes just a gatekeeper IMO, no more no less.
pv3Hpv3p
2/29/08 11:36:43AM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by emfleek

i get it.......i dont like clementi at all and i think stout will win a one sided match so id much rather see quarry and starnes. quarry is hugely popular with the TUF fans despite not really having any huge wins on his resume(sell twice, shonie, and mcfedries being the biggest), and i find myself cheering for him when he fights for no apparent reason that i can think of, hes just a likeable, well mannered guy. i do like watching stout fightt but not against clementi, hes just a gatekeeper IMO, no more no less.

I agree for the most part... well at least about seeing the Starnes / Quary fight being aired...

In all reality, it's a coinflip... either fight can be great and either can be a snoozer... I really liked Nate's last fight against Drago and am interested in seeing him again...

Seems like the TS just has a little bit of "Canadian bias" if you ask me