Starnes vs Leben??

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Starnes vs Leben??
hathcock32
2/14/07 4:52:13PM
Another TUF vs TUF match has been made with Kalib Starnes vs Chris Leben. Although this fight doesent mean much to title implications...im pretty excited to see it...anyone else??
richieb19
2/14/07 4:54:16PM
Where did you hear this fight was going to happen? Groves is scheduled to fight Alan Belcher at UFC 69, so anything past that is most likely nothing more than a rumor...
hathcock32
2/14/07 5:00:37PM
Kendall Grove is fighting Belcher....Kalib Starnes and Chris Leben!!
richieb19
2/14/07 5:09:11PM

Posted by hathcock32

Kendall Grove is fighting Belcher....Kalib Starnes and Chris Leben!!

Those damn K names got the best of me again! lol

Pyrenus
2/14/07 5:12:50PM
These guys match up pretty well. Should be a fun match to watch.
JoeMimic
2/14/07 5:30:33PM
Should be a good one to watch....Hopefully I'll be able to remain unbiased...So don't look at my picture on the left or the gym I'm in...

WAR TEAM QUEST!
hippysmacker
2/14/07 6:14:40PM
Actually Leben was winning that fight against McDonald before he got subbed IMO. Add the fact he Koed the last Santiago the last time he came off a loss and I'll take Leben. I know Starnes did beat Mcdonald previously, but I just have feeling Leben's experience will sow in this one, MIght look something like the fight he had against Fiorovanti. Sort of a grind out decision , not overly exciting match.
Trapt1nw0nder
2/15/07 12:41:23AM
i was really impressed with Starnes on the show...he was always very composed and chilled out and if he were on team ortiz he would of been way better of than he was...

his only losses were to Grove(not legit..tuf match) and Okami both are beasts and in my opinion Grove will be a top contender soon

i say Starnes beats Leben....
Ydoc
2/15/07 1:11:55AM

Posted by hippysmacker

Actually Leben was winning that fight against McDonald before he got subbed IMO. Add the fact he Koed the last Santiago the last time he came off a loss and I'll take Leben. I know Starnes did beat Mcdonald previously, but I just have feeling Leben's experience will sow in this one, MIght look something like the fight he had against Fiorovanti. Sort of a grind out decision , not overly exciting match.

Although I hate to see Leben get another win streak going only to refuse to improve as a fighter and take that next step. He could be so much more than a brawler.
aceprone
2/15/07 1:38:04AM

Posted by Ydoc

Posted by hippysmacker

Although I hate to see Leben get another win streak going only to refuse to improve as a fighter and take that next step. He could be so much more than a brawler.

agreed. He needs to stop keeping his stance open and become a more crisp striker. He's got the power, he just needs to learn on how to control it.
waylon_o
2/15/07 8:19:39AM
Leben's mouth is way too much for me...Starnes all the way baby!
ffforgottenx
2/15/07 8:48:14AM
starnes vs macdonald for those who havent seen it

not the most exciting fight, but macdonald wasnt able to do anything at all.. if that helps anybody
madmarck
2/15/07 8:58:56AM

Posted by hippysmacker

Actually Leben was winning that fight against McDonald before he got subbed IMO. Add the fact he Koed the last Santiago the last time he came off a loss and I'll take Leben. I know Starnes did beat Mcdonald previously, but I just have feeling Leben's experience will sow in this one, Might look something like the fight he had against Fiorovanti. Sort of a grind out decision , not overly exciting match.

I think if Starnes can get Leben down he can sub him. But Kalib is no joke standing up. He is a very techinical striker compared to Lebens freestyle.
I can see Kalib doing very well on his feet here. I dont think you can use MMAth to compare the Macdonadl fight of either. Except that is showed that Leben can be subbed. I think Kalib is more likely to take Lebens back in this fight. I wonder if Leben would tap if put in a tight RNC. He didnt tap to Macdonald so i wonder if he is getting skittish or if he remains tough.

My pick is Kalib Starnes by RNC in round 2. Leben' s stand up is just to wild and he will get taken down.
Trapt1nw0nder
2/15/07 10:28:22AM

Posted by ffforgottenx

starnes vs macdonald for those who havent seen it

not the most exciting fight, but macdonald wasnt able to do anything at all.. if that helps anybody

thanks for that Vid...i hadnt seen it before..

Props for that! ;)
Stickan
2/15/07 10:42:38AM
Leben by 1st rd. KO

He's just too strong for Kalib. He's learned his lesson after his fight with JMac.
hippysmacker
2/15/07 3:52:17PM
See it , but hanks for the link. I still think Leben grinds it out though.